loss of control on the flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZfWnLb6Zewem
lvl.1

Paraguay

Good afternoon friends, I have a problem with my professional phantom 3, when climbing it should be 1.5 meters but sometimes it goes up from 3 to 5 meters, then it is as if it stabilizes and goes down to 1.5, in some cases it is very difficult for me to maintain the control of the ship, I hit a street light pole, losing control, I am concerned about the situation because I could lose my equipment, they told me that it could be sensors, but the problem seemed to me that it started after updating the software, did anyone have that problem ,? someone could give me a hand, thank you very much.
2018-7-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Usually an IMU calibration will resolve the problem you describe.  Good luck
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3. Since the Drone hit a post the best thing you need to do is to send the Drone in for assessment and for repair just in casa. I will be posting the DJI online repair request link ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go application.
2018-7-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

As Mark says .... IMU calibration and please do it COLD !! That is do not do it after a flight or machine has raised temperature.

Some people - I did actually - COOL the AC down - I did mine in -10C winter !! That means the reference temperature of the calibration is low and reduces initialisation warm up time.

So - find a nice clear spot well away from  all influences and obstacles. Fire up and as quick as possible hit that IMU calibration ... I always like to do Compass after it as well because Compass is actually part of the overall command set ... look on IMU page and you will see my point.

Once all calibration completed ... power down.

Now power all up and do a test hover. Because you are in a nice clear area ... do an AUTO take-off ... by tapping the Take-Off icon or pressing the button on controller. Let it spin up ... tell you Home Point recorded and lift up to hover. All while observing what it does ...  Do not toch sticks unless absolutely necessary. You need to see if the AC lifts off and into hover reasonably steady.

I find my P3P can rise anywhere from 1.4 to 2m ... and it will be reasonably steady - but never rock still .. only time I get what the manual says is when I lift of hard surface and no wind ...

Remember that VPS system has trouble with any soft ground mass such as grass etc. even when short. Its really designed for indoors and high contrast materials.

Nigel
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_ZfWnLb6Zewem
lvl.1

Paraguay

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-17 07:56
Usually an IMU calibration will resolve the problem you describe.  Good luck

hi friend try to do that friend and similarly the problem persists
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_ZfWnLb6Zewem
lvl.1

Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-17 08:04
Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3. Since the Drone hit a post the best thing you need to do is to send the Drone in for assessment and for repair just in casa. I will be posting the DJI online repair request link ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go application.

Thank you for responding, the drone after the accident returned to fly without any inconvenience, it is as if sometimes there was no interference, the gimba cambara and others worked perfectly, after the accident it took it 150 meters high without any problem. It could be the software of the last update that left my computer defective?
2018-7-17
Use props
Cacique_py
lvl.1

Paraguay

solentlife Posted at 2018-7-17 09:27
As Mark says .... IMU calibration and please do it COLD !! That is do not do it after a flight or machine has raised temperature.

Some people - I did actually - COOL the AC down - I did mine in -10C winter !! That means the reference temperature of the calibration is low and reduces initialisation warm up time.

Thank you very much I'll try again with your instructions and I'll tell you how it goes
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Thank you for the additional information. If you have any issue with your DJI Phantom 3 please feel free to post it so that we can help you and rest assured that I will be forwarding this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development.
2018-7-17
Use props
Cacique_py
lvl.1

Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-17 10:07
Hello. Thank you for the additional information. If you have any issue with your DJI Phantom 3 please feel free to post it so that we can help you and rest assured that I will be forwarding this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development.

Thank you very much I hope it works and I can keep taking many photos, because if it does not work unfortunately I am not able to buy another.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you. If you have any concerns regarding your DJI Phantom 3 please feel free to post it so that we will be able to help you. Happy flying.
2018-7-17
Use props
Cacique_py
lvl.1

Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-17 13:21
Thank you. If you have any concerns regarding your DJI Phantom 3 please feel free to post it so that we will be able to help you. Happy flying.

Good evening there would be a way to go back to the previous version of my software since with that it did not present any problem
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules