Huawei P20 Pro Issues
8520 8 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Handlez
lvl.1

Hi Guys,

I've had my Mavic Pro for around a year now and have been using my iPhone 7 Plus to fly it with no issues.

As I'm doing a bit of travelling next month, driving from the UK to Japan in 9 weeks, I wanted a better camera on my phone, so upgraded my iPhone to the new Huawei P20 Pro. The camera's awesome, but I'm now struggling to use it with my Mavic Pro.

Every time I connect the phone to the controller the app doesn't recognise the connection to the drone. I have to turn my phone off and back on and plug it back in. When I plug it in, it pops up asking what I want to do. I think it says something like 'charge only or transfer files'. I click cancel on this, open the app and somettimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. It's becoming a right pain now and I really want to get something sorted before my trip.

I've just spent money on 2 extra batteries for the drone ready for my trip as well as a carry case and other accessories, now I'm debating getting rid of the whole thing and buying an alternative drone that works better with the P20. Another option is to buy a cheap tablet purely to run the drone, with one of the aftermarket tablet adapters for the Mavic Pro controller. If I go down this route, what tablets are going to work properly?

Anyone else having issues with the P20 Pro with a DJI drone?

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro through your new phone. There could be a compatibility issue that is why the Huawei P20 Pro is not working properly. For reference, I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Pro. I highly suggest using one of these recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

2018-7-17
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Have you tried connecting your phone on the bottom port of your remote yet? The standard DJI cables that connect to the side of the remote are not very high quality and are known to cause connection issues.
2018-7-17
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I know this is a different device but running android.  Try following the steps of this thread and see if it helps at all.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151530
2018-7-17
Use props
Handlez
lvl.1

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-17 08:46
Have you tried connecting your phone on the bottom port of your remote yet? The standard DJI cables that connect to the side of the remote are not very high quality and are known to cause connection issues.

I didn't even notice the controller had a USB port at the bottom. I've just used my phones charging lead to connect via this USB port and it worked first time with no issues! Thank you so much!
2018-7-17
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Handlez Posted at 2018-7-17 13:01
I didn't even notice the controller had a USB port at the bottom. I've just used my phones charging lead to connect via this USB port and it worked first time with no issues! Thank you so much!

Sweet, good to hear
You could get an better quality aftermarker cable for connection to the side, got mine from Aliexpress.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Handlez Posted at 2018-7-17 13:01

That's great to know that you were able to solve the issue and ensure that if you're using that port, I would suggest removing the other cable on the side so it will not confuse the remote controller on which port are we using and as of the moment, Huawei P20 Pro is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app so we can't be guaranteed that it will work all the time. Thanks for understanding.
2018-7-18
Use props
Sebasb1407
New

Chile

Sorry guys, good afternoon.

Do you know an approximate date to establish the complete optimization between Mavic Air and P20 Pro?

I have this Mobile Phone, and I want the Mavic Air, but I want to be sure about its correct functionality. Thanks for your answer.

Regards
2018-7-30
Use props
9fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 301549 ft
Vietnam

I have the exactly issue and still not know how to deal. I used both charging port and middle port and the phone keep reporting this is transfer files or charge. This is getting confuse.

Anyone experience like that with this issue please help.
2019-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules