DJI - Why have you hidden this thread? 7 months without a fix.
1291 16 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

DJI,

This was an active thread for over a month, before you decided to remove it from the Mavic Pro forum and hide it in the Service forum. You said it belonged in the Service forum because it would get better attention there. It continued to get replies in the Service forum, when people finally found it there. Well, SEVEN months later, still no follow-up from DJI, and no fix has been forthcoming. We've seen the same problems reported by dozens of people, both with the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air. But no fix from DJI.

Now, DJI has hidden this thread from view. It still exists, if you know the direct URL - https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html - but it doesn't show up in the thread index, even if someone posts a new reply.  You've also hidden it from the forum search.

Why has DJI hidden this active thread?

61776748-F544-45E0-9F6A-5C7477143FFC.jpeg
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

This looks almost exactly like the same problem MA pilots (me included) are experiencing with their drones; I tend to experience this behaviour right after takeoff...

Guess this is another point that DJI drone firmware might share a common code base, and something they've changed in those common binaries is affecting more than just one model drone now
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

You know what, since DJI seem willing to hide important threads, even though mine is for the MA, I'll add this link to my thread to keep it alive for you.
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Definitely shuttled off to oblivion.  After posting a response in thread, New (Replacement) Mavic Pro Rotates/Slides with No Controller Input it did not move to top as it should have when sorting by Last Replies.
2018-7-17
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

Mine was doing the same thing- Would rotate to the right especially upon descent- Sent to dji- Both mother boards were bad- They sent me a new air
2018-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thats bad to hide your thread, have you at least got a response from them in regards to the issues
2018-7-17
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

I can't see the video, but mine yaw drifts a bit as well.
2018-7-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

My pro is getting worse over time with it despite recalibration.  I now cant do a simple straight line fly along a road or feature as it turns off and needs yaw stick input to hold straight.
Its always done it intermittently but has started doing it a lot more obviously.
Again all calibrated, no interference, contoller calibrated and verified no controller input via logs.
2018-7-17
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-17 10:54
I can't see the video, but mine yaw drifts a bit as well.

The "video" you're looking at is a screen shot of the original thread that DJI has hidden.

Go here:

New (Replacement) Mavic Pro Rotates/Slides with No Controller Input

...if you want to see the thread. Lots more information and videos.
2018-7-17
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does the same some times. I notice it more during night photos because I use longer shutter speeds and they get messed up because of this yaw problem.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-17 11:49
The "video" you're looking at is a screen shot of the original thread that DJI has hidden.

Go here:

Jyunte,

I just spent the last hour going thru all four pages of your original, now-hidden, thread, and your entire experience with DJI.

OMG!!! I now feel SOOO justified in my gut feelings NOT to do what our few resident "Captain" trolls here were deeming the only rational solution to my, and other pilots, issues, and that is to send in my MA to DJI for replacement! And I can see the same Captain trolls seem to be downvoting your posts again, how petty and pathetic.

I know now I rather keep my MA, knowing at least it is a brand-new unit that I personally got, rather than take the risk of dealing with DJI's BS service and vile deceptive tactics during a warranty claim. I know some here have gotten decent service out of them, but I will not take my chances, as time is money, and I don't have the time or patience to be lied to by them.

I will keep your original thread posted up in my thread as best I can, as this NEEDS to continue to be made public!!
2018-7-17
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft

This issue is such a pain, trying to film along a railway track or road is impossible as it veers off. when I first got my mavic pro it was soooo stable and if you stopped you couldn't tell if the picture was a screenshot or live as the live video was so still.

It must be firmware updates that has caused this problem
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we will never hide anything, the flight is related to the compass, environment, the wind, and the pilot's operation. If you have the same issue, please check the following steps for a troubleshooting.
1. Calibrate the compass in a place with less interference.
2. Calibrate the IMU.
3. Calibrate Vision Systems.
4. Calibrate the RC joysticks.

If the issue persists, may I have the following info?
1. What is your current firmware version?
2. Does the issue persist in every place?
3. Is the wind is strong when you fly?
4. May I have a short video and the flight logs for further analysis?

Thank you in advance.
2018-7-18
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-18 00:23
Hi all, we will never hide anything, the flight is related to the compass, environment, the wind, and the pilot's operation. If you have the same issue, please check the following steps for a troubleshooting.
1. Calibrate the compass in a place with less interference.
2. Calibrate the IMU.

The trouble has NOTHING to do with anything you listed. The problem, as demonstrated by the flight logs given to DJI seven months ago, is the GPS and compass fighting each other. This has been proven time and time again by people posting their flight logs.
The problem persists regardless of location or wind/weather. ALL the information DJI requires has been given to DJI MULTIPLE TIMES.

If you don't hide threads, then why does this thread never appear in the thread index, even when someone responds?
2018-7-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My mavic pro and P4P both do this too, and it's pretty bad. Sounds like something's just busted in general in DJI's flight controllers - I thought it was drifty gyros, which is usually what this kind of thing is. But a fight between GPS and compass doesn't strike me as odd either. I've learned how to "hand fly" mine to keep them going at least relatively straight over the ground.
2018-7-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steeevo Posted at 2018-7-17 23:36
This issue is such a pain, trying to film along a railway track or road is impossible as it veers off. when I first got my mavic pro it was soooo stable and if you stopped you couldn't tell if the picture was a screenshot or live as the live video was so still.

It must be firmware updates that has caused this problem

Doubt it's firmware. My P4P and Mavic Pro both are running a very old firmware (probably close to a year old now?) and they both do this sliding thing pretty bad. They've always done it regardless of FW version. My money is on broken flight controllers, or something that's just too difficult to fix.
2018-7-19
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

Bold faced inhuman responses that only answer their liability holders. "Everything is fine!!!!"....
corporate responsibility to money grabbers has certainly changed DJI over the past year I have followed thier business plan.

It has moved from you being a customer to consumer, and now that they are having problems, it seems to be a game of how much you will take, non-answers and no public technical relations. before they will bend. Understand its a test of your consumerism, not customer satifaction. the old DJI team is gone.

Are you going to get used to this? then keep quiet, and accept that they will not give you answers.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules