Question on 107 waivers
430 3 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay Gaming
New

I’ve done a lot of searching and i think I’ve found a concrete answer but I would like to make sure. I am planning to get my 107 certification and then use that to take real estate photos for money. A few cities in my area that are popular for real estate are also by airports ( in class b,c, or d airspace).

So it’s my understanding that assuming I’m ready to work, real estate agaent John calls and has a job in one of the cities that are in the airspace restriction, I need to tell him to wait. I’ll request airspace waver/authorization and the wait could take 90 days? It seems like John would just say screw it and selll the house as is. What am I missing?

Is it possible to just do a broad request on all the important areas for the rest of the year? So that I don’t have to do it with each gig and wait?

Thanks
2018-7-17
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

My understanding is an airspace waiver will take the longest provided you filled it ALL out correctly then comes the Authorization which supposedly takes less time. Then comes LAANC which takes less than 30 minutes from what i understand. The FAA has some webinars going on right now on waivers for different things. Scroll down to the ones that have been shown already. Might answer your question. https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/webinar/
Good luck on your exam. It's not that hard if you apply yourself.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t know about US but here it is guaranteed within 24 hrs, usually takes 4 hours.
2018-7-17
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-17 11:33
Don’t know about US but here it is guaranteed within 24 hrs, usually takes 4 hours.

ya that was why LAANC came about. They should get a lot from the link i posted or it will confuse the heck out of them
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules