Question about Editing Images
753 4 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3a24c09c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65407 ft
United States

Hello Everyone and THANKS for atleast taking time to read this Thread...

I am using my DJI Phantom 4 to take pictures of Sunsets and things like that. I am wanting to have an image that if my family says "Hey can you send that to me so that I can get a print out of it - or put it on canvas for a wall" how or what is the best way to do that..
I am now using (Finally) LightRoom CC to do my images and I think that is a good program.. But I want to make sure the file size is big enough to be able to be blow up and look good for a canvas print if that is what they want.. I know I cant go really big but was wondering what to set the drone app too to be able to get the best possible size and detail... Can anyone please give me step by step on how to do it and why that is the best way.. Thanks everyone for your help..

Patrick Conner
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pdconner/

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there! Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. You can use the DJI Go 4 App to change the image size. Just go to DJI Go 4 app >> click camera settings >> look for the camera icon on the top of the screen and click that >>  click image size and edit it. You may also use raw format instead of jpg. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-7-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

With your image size you should choose 4:3 20mp this will give the highest possible quality.
Image format should be raw this will give you the most information to work with in post production.
When editing images you cant really go past lightroom cc its an awesome app.
I suggest you check out some youtube videos about other camera settings these can be a very valuable resource.
No one can tell you what settings you should use you will need to  adjust them while your taking the shots as your circumstances are different to everyone elses.
Dont be afraid to play with the camera settings you cant hurt anything.
Also check out some youtube videos on editing images depending on what program you use.

Good luck
2018-7-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Also you could try set aeb ( auto exposure bracketing) to 5 .
This will give you a burst shot of 5 images each one with slightly different exposure setting.
This can be a very handy tool for taking images.
During post production just select the image with the best exposure value ie what appeals to you the best then simply discard the other images.
2018-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

He mentioned a P4 which can only create a 12MB image (4:3).
The P4pro can get 20MB at 3:2
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules