Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Scrambled Phone Screen?
1138 17 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven Heinz
New
Flight distance : 12454 ft
United States

Had a expensive vacation and brought my Mavic Pro to the Cayman Islands, only to  experience bottom half of Phone screen scrambled. couldnt really shoot much because, I couldnt see well. " WTF" DJI ?  I now read that this is a known problem with the latest versions of DJI 4 ? Forums are saying your not doing anything about it and people are having to uninstall the newest DJI 4 and install an old copy just to get flying again? IHow do i GET AND INSTALL A OLD VERSION ?
I use a android Motoralla
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Just to let you know, that your Motorolla device is not fully compatible with the Mavic Pro. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the Mavic Pro. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with your drone. Please see the attached image below.

2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-17 11:02
Hi. Sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Just to let you know, that your Motorolla device is not fully compatible with the Mavic Pro. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the Mavic Pro. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with your drone. Please see the attached image below.

[view_image]

How about you give truthful information, that the DJI GO 4 app for Android is having MASSIVE issues right now, and this is reflected by the tsunami of 1-star comments being posted to the Google Play Store listing?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en&showAllReviews=true

BTW, many of the devices on your "compatibility" list, NO LONGER WORK!!!

DJI, shame on you for not actually helping your customers!

2018-7-17
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Totally uninstall the Go app and then do a google search for apkpure.com or apkmirror.com and in their search box search for dji go. Make sure you download go 4 and not just the go app. I think version .14 or .16 works well on Android. How old is your Motorolla...there is a possibility that your phone will not run the app anyway due to its age if its not fairly new. Do you have developer options enabled on your phone...enable usb debugging...enable install third party apps.Have you also tried another cable to connect RC to Phone. Try a cable from the bottom USB port on the RC instead of using the side (charging) port. Make sure you KILL all backgroung apps so the Go app is the only app running.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Search this forum and that of MavicPilots.com... there are numerous directives on installing prior versions of Go4 on Android based phones.  
2018-7-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

DJI Natalia.... Please be VERY aware, the list that you have shown here is NOT the same compatibility list as on the Google Play nor iOS Apple store.  While the OP's phone isn't listed there either, you have .... again ... give a non-response to a customer, and failed to acknowledge a known problem.  Perhaps you should also do a search on your OWN forum and you will see why we are so incensed with DJI replies.
2018-7-18
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

[view_image]

DJI Natalia as I stated in the other thread this list is seriously dated.  Many of the devices in this list do not work well if at all and many of the newer devices not listed here work perfectly.  I am not saying it needs to be updated even regularly but the fact that it says for IOS 4.2.12 and for Android 4.2.8 should tell you how dated this list is.  And another thing to keep in mind is the issues really started appearing after 4.2.12 so even makes this list more mute.
2018-7-18
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Try version 4.2.16 and if that does not work well keep going down till 4.2.12 as 4.2.12 should for sure work.  browse this url from your device.   https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2018-7-18
Use props
hovavl
New
United States

[view_image]

I've experienced the same problem today, in the middle of the flight.
most of the screen got blurred. the drone lost control and crashed into the river!
what am I doing?
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hovavl Posted at 2018-7-18 22:11
I've experienced the same problem today, in the middle of the flight.
most of the screen got blurred. the drone lost control and crashed into the river!
what am I doing?

I am very sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. May I know what happens before it crashed? Are you receiving an error message? I highly recommend you to contact our Support team at  +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
hovavl
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-19 07:10
I am very sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. May I know what happens before it crashed? Are you receiving an error message? I highly recommend you to contact our Support team at  +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.

i did contact your support team.
thanks
2018-7-19
Use props
hovavl
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-19 07:10

haven't received any alerts. just lost video feed and delay respond.
2018-7-19
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

ADMINS - I think we are all well aware that your Device compatibility listing is grossly incomplete and outdated.  I am no Motorola Fanboy, but there is absolutely no way that you can send out a blanket statement like you did above saying that all Motorola Phones, including their Flagship Z2 Force running an 835 Snapdragon 4GB onboard and 64GB ram is not suitable. I think you guys have taken enough grief about not updating and maintaining current your approved device listing, and in the absence of such important updating, I think you really need to exercise additional caution when talking about folks devices. I guaranty you guys are not going to be giving people refunds after they buy a new device that still doesn't work, and they realize that the issue is more a function of your buggy apps.  Thank you.   And, for the umpteen times, ask your app developers on an update on fixing the android app.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_EEC2yBl7RoW7
New
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United States

This problem is driving me crazy! Very nearly crashed because of it. Flying is very difficult with constant scrambled screen freezes and scrambles. DJI??
2018-7-19
Use props
fans5bbce4e8
New
Flight distance : 178599 ft
Australia

I have a major problem with my Mavic pro in which the screen of my Galaxy S8 is constantly suffering severe interference (bands and smudges coloured pink and green covering half of the screen) The flying experience when I first received my drone was great and it used to work fine with this phone but sadly now it is almost unusable as I simply can't see what I am doing on the screen. The controls have also become very laggy. I have updated the phone and the controller to the latest firmware to try to solve the problem and still no joy. I am at my wits end, please help me solve this issue as I am travelling soon and urgently need my Mavic to be functioning so that I can capture both images and stills, which is now not possible. I have attached a screenshot of what I see in the screen, please help urgently!

2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

[view_image]

''that your Motorolla device is not fully compatible with the Mavic Pro. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device''

The Pixelation / Smearing / Blurring of Live view video stream is being seen even on approved devices AND even on DJI's own CrystalSky.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_EEC2yBl7RoW7 Posted at 2018-7-19 17:20
This problem is driving me crazy! Very nearly crashed because of it. Flying is very difficult with constant scrambled screen freezes and scrambles. DJI??

For those who have tried rolling back GO-4 App as suggested by SparksBird, and it did not help.

Try rolling back Mavic Pro and R.C. firmware to .0200 (or .0100).  Leave GO-4 App at suggested previous version.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules