Loosing my mind...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denkansan
New

Sweden

Hi, Bought a used Phantom 3 Professional but it has given me nothing but trouble...

The problem is that I cant change any settings in the DJI Go app, I can only shoot in 1080 and i cant fly more than 50m before it stops.
I have the correct app and its updated it even says it's connected to the drone.

Nothing responds in the app. either I just can't press the option or it just slides back...

I've tried both to roll back the update and update again both on the app and the controller but it didn't make any difference.

The app shows the firmware to be 1.1.5 on the drone so I tried install the newest but it just said:
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

I've also tried reinstall the firmware that is on the drone but it didn't work...

The phone i have is an Note 8 but I've tried with an Iphone 7 aswell. And different cables, also I've unistalled the app and installed it again multible times...

Is there anybody out there who might have the magical instructions to make it work?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. I highly recommend you to return the Phantom 3 Professional directly to the store where you purchased the drone so they can replace it. If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Out of curiosity have you tried another SD card. Make sure you format the card in the Phantom using the Go app. Dont format it in your computer .
2018-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can lose your mind, but please don’t ever let it loose...

I shake mine loose occasionally, but I have never lost it...

Winning!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-7-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Do you have the aircraft switched on and connected to the RC controller when you are trying to change settings? You can't change them unless you have it powered on.
2018-7-17
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

Philippines

Hope you resolve the problem soon.  Every once in a while I have problems like that, and the solution usually results in me saying "Oh... DUH!!!"  (Followed by palm to the face)
2018-7-17
Use props
w1r3d
lvl.1

Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-7-17 13:24
Out of curiosity have you tried another SD card. Make sure you format the card in the Phantom using the Go app. Dont format it in your computer .

What is the result if you format your SD card on a PC rather than in the app??
2018-7-17
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

w1r3d Posted at 2018-7-17 21:47
What is the result if you format your SD card on a PC rather than in the app??

What do you have your home computer set to format SD cards.32gig card or under has to be set to FAT32 for our drones. Over 32 gig it has to be formatted to EXfat file system. Better off letting the App do it its own thing to make sure it formats the card to suit. I have a P3A that after awhile I had problems with video recording....it would stop recording after 5 mins or so. Then I realised that I had been taking Pics and Videos off the SD card for months without formatting the card. Formatted the card in my computer and used it in the P3A.....was alot better...but not perfect. Used the Go app to format the card in the P3A and never had a problem since with SD cards. I do the same with my MPP everytime I fly and go home and take video and pics off the card when I go out to fly next time I format the card in the drone....never had a problem with that card either !!!
2018-7-17
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft

This may be a dumb question, but have you connected the controller to your viewing device with a DATA Mini USB cable?  Some cables are CHARGE only.  The P3 Pro does not use Wifi like the Standard.  It must be connected with the cable.  Or you may have a defective cable.
2018-7-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

w1r3d Posted at 2018-7-17 21:47
What is the result if you format your SD card on a PC rather than in the app??

Sorry, but this is a red herring, the SD card has nothing to do with the problem. It's like saying you need to fill the windscreen washer bottle because the engine won't start.
2018-7-17
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps trying other software like Litchi or the DJI SDK pack in other software, might determine if it is indeed the DJI app that is causing the problem. Personally I would favour something far simpler like the card, or the cable as mentioned above. I have had similar problems with my 4Pro and 3 Pro when those were faulty. Changing the cable to a good one, or formatting the card correctly, resolved the issues. You might also confirm if the card is the correct one for the device. A very large on, or one without the correct speed, will give you problems too.
2018-7-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't think it has anything to do with your SD car either. You can fly without the card. I know I am responding late, but as Geebax says, the aircraft has to be "on" for you to be able to change settings. The 50m limitation kind of sounds like you may need to login to you DJI account. I believe some have experienced that on the first start up after upgrading the latest firmware. After logging in to your DJI accout the restriction is gone.
2018-7-18
Use props
Denkansan
New

Sweden

Hi guys! Thanks for all the answers. There were alot of suggestions but unfortunately I have tried every one of them and nothing changes. I'm logged in to my DJI account, I'm connected to the drone and I get picture. But still cant change any settings...
2018-7-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

That is strange for sure. Sorry nothing has worked for you. Don't really know what to tell you. So, is it just the camera settings you can't change? Have you tried to reset the camera to the "default" settings and then see if you can change them? Give that a try, I had a phantom one time that was just not taking a good picture, and I was able to change settings, but it was like it didn't make any difference. After resetting the camera, all my problems went away and any change I made took effect.
2018-7-18
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Maybe if #14 doesn't work you could try to install all new formware again and try it again. Else I think you should go back to who has sold the bird to you. I hope you will solve this issue soon.

Good luck
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules