Mavic Pro & iPad 9.7 - Anyone here using this set up?
1265 10 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I'm thinking of buying an iPad 9.7 (2018) and wanted to know if anyone here in the forum is using it with their Mavic Pro/Air.  I see that it can edit 4K video and it's a powerful tablet.

Any suggestions, comments advice?  Thanks
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information that you have shared. I would suggest using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Pro for compatibility purposes. Just for reference, I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Pro.

2018-7-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I got one a couple of months ago - not for drone flying, but as a 'poor man's; iPad Pro ... as you can use the Apple Pencil with it. All I can say is its really fast and responsive in the graphics department. I don't have a cradle so it would be a bit difficult trying to fly a drone with it just using a long Lightning/USB cable. I might be tempted try it though - just sitting with it perched on my lap. The only thing I would be wondering most about is screen brightness and reflection on a sunny day. I've added an anti glare foil that helps with the distracting reflections when using the Apple Pencil - sketching etc. Battery life is looong - 10 hours on a single charge - that said never had it lower than 54% after 6 hours of constant use before recharging it.
2018-7-17
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I use the poor mans Ipad with the A10 fusion chip as well as the Ipad mini 4...both work superbly flying both my MPP and P3A. I must say though the 2018 Ipad video feed from aircraft is as smooth as a babys butt even using the built in screen recorder. For the Ipad using the Mavic controller I purchased some cheap arms off Ebay that fit into the controller arms and then clamp onto the big Ipad. I tried a few tablet holders until I found the one I use now. The Ipad just rests on your wrists but you can still see the screen of the controller. Its very well balanced and not annoying even after flying the MPP using two or three batteries. I would if I was you purchase the Ipad...sooner or later the Go app is going to kill a few tablets with its power requirements. New cheap Ipad will work for awhile to come I think.....plenty of grunt !!!
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-17 13:29
Hi. Thank you for the information that you have shared. I would suggest using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Pro for compatibility purposes. Just for reference, I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Pro.

[view_image]

Thanks for the info
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-7-17 13:33
I got one a couple of months ago - not for drone flying, but as a 'poor man's; iPad Pro ... as you can use the Apple Pencil with it. All I can say is its really fast and responsive in the graphics department. I don't have a cradle so it would be a bit difficult trying to fly a drone with it just using a long Lightning/USB cable. I might be tempted try it though - just sitting with it perched on my lap. The only thing I would be wondering most about is screen brightness and reflection on a sunny day. I've added an anti glare foil that helps with the distracting reflections when using the Apple Pencil - sketching etc. Battery life is looong - 10 hours on a single charge - that said never had it lower than 54% after 6 hours of constant use before recharging it.

Good to know.. If you decide to try it out before I pull the trigger on purchasing mine (DO IT SOON  LOL) let me know.  Thanks
2018-7-17
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I use it with my 10.5 iPad Pro, and it works very well, but be aware you will need a cradle.

Tip: For me, mounting the cradle upside down moved the iPad lower, and made access to the sticks and controller screen easier.
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Used one when testing among the IPP and a Tab S3 820. I needed the brightest screen, best image quality for photos from MP.

they were about even imo, with S3 having a sharper and brighter screen. GPS on board too, so Litchi ready without a need to hot spot.

I edit in Adobe CC on a much more robust computer desktop, so no worries there. IPP had a good editor option IIRC.

Given the ongoing app issues with Android, can't go wrong with the IPP. I know my Mini 4 seems on the edge of working with the app, and not working. IPP is a beast compared to a Mini 4 so it should be fine for years to come.
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-7-17 13:52
I use the poor mans Ipad with the A10 fusion chip as well as the Ipad mini 4...both work superbly flying both my MPP and P3A. I must say though the 2018 Ipad video feed from aircraft is as smooth as a babys butt even using the built in screen recorder. For the Ipad using the Mavic controller I purchased some cheap arms off Ebay that fit into the controller arms and then clamp onto the big Ipad. I tried a few tablet holders until I found the one I use now. The Ipad just rests on your wrists but you can still see the screen of the controller. Its very well balanced and not annoying even after flying the MPP using two or three batteries. I would if I was you purchase the Ipad...sooner or later the Go app is going to kill a few tablets with its power requirements. New cheap Ipad will work for awhile to come I think.....plenty of grunt !!!

Thanks for the feedback.  I currently use my Note 8 for the Mavic Pro, but the iPad will free me up to use my Osmo Mobile 2 while I'm out.  No more swapping back and forth.
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

PHL Posted at 2018-7-17 14:04
I use it with my 10.5 iPad Pro, and it works very well, but be aware you will need a cradle.

Tip: For me, mounting the cradle upside down moved the iPad lower, and made access to the sticks and controller screen easier.

Yes.. I will be purchasing that as well.  I appreciate the tip
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-17 14:11
Used one when testing among the IPP and a Tab S3 820. I needed the brightest screen, best image quality for photos from MP.

they were about even imo, with S3 having a sharper and brighter screen. GPS on board too, so Litchi ready without a need to hot spot.

Thank you for the insight.. Feeling more confident in buying the iPad
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules