909 6 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slawder House
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88547 ft
United States

Hello,

A few weeks ago I updated my firmware on the Mavic and P4P.  I didn't think to much of it at 1st but I noticed over time that my video feed or transmission would get crazy distorted with a pink screen or a green screen. The controller started disconnecting from the both drones and would reconnect (SCARY) over and over.  At times my tablet (Android) would shut completely down.  Well today I went on you tube to find a fix and it seemed to work for the P4P no problem.  However, when I went to test the Mavic the Mavic took off like a "bat out of H3LL" and flew beyond my line of sight once I got it in the air NOTE: I had pushed the FWD stick and let off to view my feed but the drone did not break it kept going and in fact jumped to top speed (non-sport mode).  My controller and Android Tab disconnected.  I had to think fast because I could not see the drone and the RTH was not working (RC disconnected).  I'm getting stick input error all kinds of stuff showing on my controller not to mention diconnecting and reconnecting BS.  At one point on the conrtroller I saw distance at over 6000 ft (S#!T!!!) AGL 199.  I just took a chance and started pushing left stick in direction that would make the drone hopefully do CW circles (praying) until my tablet reconnected. The controller stayed connected long enought for me to finally get a good RTH command in.  The whole time I am BLIND to what the drone is doing (praying some more, please come back home).  I checked the distance on the controller and noticed that the gap was getting smaller and smaller but Im still not sure if home is the original take off or somewhere way out, when it reconnected to the drone.  So I'm listning for that sound (Noise Reduction Propellers, F%$^!!! ) and then I saw it come over the trees (Thank you Father, line of sight landing).   Now that I got that out of the way, can somebody please tell me what HELL is going on with this latest update.  I almost lost my Eff'n Mavic today.  Not to mention the fact that because of this update it took me half a day to shoot a commecial this past Friday and take ariel photos of a construction sight Saturday.  DJI please fix this $#%$.  
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

What level of Firmware did you upgrade Mavic from and Mavic too?   What about P4P?   Has your Android Smartdevice OS been upgraded in recent weeks?  What about GO-4 App?
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Roll back the firmware to .0300. I too was getting "aircraft disconnected" on the latest .0400

Roll back the DJI Go4 app to 4.2.16 or earlier. The you should be alright again. Something is terribly wrong with the app.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, my deepest apologies for what happens to your aircraft. I would like to clarify if you check if you're getting enough GPS signal? did you manage to re-calibrate the IMU and compass after doing a firmware update? Did you fly near in any interference?
2018-7-18
Use props
JR86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2493 ft
Canada

I bought a mavic 3 weeks ago and it was doing these things so I assumed it was messed up. Guess I'm not the only one (my first drone ever)
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JR86 Posted at 2018-7-18 17:10
I bought a mavic 3 weeks ago and it was doing these things so I assumed it was messed up. Guess I'm not the only one (my first drone ever)

Hi there. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. I just want to clarify, may I know what troubleshooting steps did you take? Are you still having the same issue? Please make sure to do all the calibration like IMU, compass and gimbal calibration before flying your drone. Make sure to link your RC to your AC too. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
MontyFlange
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74675 ft

United Kingdom

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-17 20:53
Roll back the firmware to .0300. I too was getting "aircraft disconnected" on the latest .0400

Roll back the DJI Go4 app to 4.2.16 or earlier. The you should be alright again. Something is terribly wrong with the app.

How do you roll back the app ?  
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules