Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map in App
813 2 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky High Aerial
lvl.4

Canada

I am currently using Mac Air 2 for my tablet.
I have most recent update.
Question:
I am getting ready to do a shoot for a winery,  in a not so remote area, and I am caching my map location prior to arriving on-site.
For some reason, there is a large black-out area of the map.  It seems to be at the 500, 200 foot mark.  When I zoom all the way in, the blackout area dissapears.  It also dissapears if I zoom out past 500 ft.
What sucks is that the blackout at my ideal altitude is almost exactly where I need to shoot.  It is not a deal breaker by any means, but I am curious if anyone has experienced this.
I wonder if this is just a google map hick-up.
If so, any recommended fix?
Cheers,
Peter
2015-5-21
Use props
Scotflieger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Peter

I have occasionally seen this problem but it is normally due to my extra slow broadband. Eventually the map has appeared for me.  There are 3 different levels of zoom that you need to cache before going out to the location.

The iPad Air 2 maps are actually the Apple sourced satellite imagery not those from Google.
2015-5-21
Use props
busclas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Try caching your map anyway then kill all data connections and try to bring it back up and see.
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules