Anyone else having issues opening the DJI ronin app on android?
7233 15 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingka
lvl.1
Canada

Anyone else having issues opening the DJI ronin app on android?

My new ronin-s is now useless because the app will not open, the app icon is just the android logo for some reason. Using the essential phone

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the troubles with the APP, how about re-installing the APP? May I know which mobile device you are using? Any chance to try another mobile device? We would appreciate if you could post a screenshot of the APP here, thank you very much.
2018-7-18
Use props
kingka
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-18 01:45
Sorry for the troubles with the APP, how about re-installing the APP? May I know which mobile device you are using? Any chance to try another mobile device? We would appreciate if you could post a screenshot of the APP here, thank you very much.

As mentioned, I'm using the essential phone, the app icon has the android logo instead of a DJI logo, the app doesnt load at all, just a blank screen then it crashes. Using android 8.1, I found a really old backup iphone my gf has and loaded it on there, the app works fine. But I need to be able to use this on my own phone.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kingka Posted at 2018-7-21 20:16
As mentioned, I'm using the essential phone, the app icon has the android logo instead of a DJI logo, the app doesnt load at all, just a blank screen then it crashes. Using android 8.1, I found a really old backup iphone my gf has and loaded it on there, the app works fine. But I need to be able to use this on my own phone.

We understand your concern, your mobile phone is not in the compatible list, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured, please use the mobile device in our compatible list at the moment and we will also keep updating the list. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. GTScreenshot_20180723_160535.png
2018-7-23
Use props
policelot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

my problem with the app is it keeps becoming unresponsive.  it connects fine but then after a short while you move sliders but the Ronin dosent move , i have to keep shutting the app to reset it. I have the Samsung S7 edge.
2018-9-15
Use props
djiuser_HjZfJUbUULO0
New
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-18 01:45

i just bought my ronin s two days ago and i can't use it yet because i don't even have the option to download the ronin app on google play store.... i connected via bluetooth and still unresponsive,

why isn't the app available for my google pixel 2xl?!?!? and why isn't there any information on this????
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_HjZfJUbUULO0 Posted at 2-15 10:19
i just bought my ronin s two days ago and i can't use it yet because i don't even have the option to download the ronin app on google play store.... i connected via bluetooth and still unresponsive,

why isn't the app available for my google pixel 2xl?!?!? and why isn't there any information on this????

Hi there, sorry for my late response because of the weekend. Please download the APP via the link below: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
Please scan the QR Code or press 'Download for Android' to see if it works, thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
Jdturner88
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 01:18
Hi there, sorry for my late response because of the weekend. Please download the APP via the link below: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
Please scan the QR Code or press 'Download for Android' to see if it works, thank you.

HI Mindy, I also have a Google Pixel 2 and have downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and have yet to be able to connect to the Ronin S with the app. This is extremely frustrating and seems to be an issue that is still not resolved after years.... Please let me know what I need to do to connect my phone to the Ronin S.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jdturner88 Posted at 2-18 13:44
HI Mindy, I also have a Google Pixel 2 and have downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and have yet to be able to connect to the Ronin S with the app. This is extremely frustrating and seems to be an issue that is still not resolved after years.... Please let me know what I need to do to connect my phone to the Ronin S.

Hi Jdturner88, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S, please ensure all the access have been enabled during the installation especially the GPS of your mobile phone. If the issue persists, please try another mobile phone for a comparison test.
If there is no luck, please update the firmware again via DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 to see if there is any error code during the update.
2019-2-18
Use props
Jdturner88
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 20:19
Hi Jdturner88, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S, please ensure all the access have been enabled during the installation especially the GPS of your mobile phone. If the issue persists, please try another mobile phone for a comparison test.
If there is no luck, please update the firmware again via DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 to see if there is any error code during the update.

I was able to download an apk for the "RONIN" app from a different website (not from the DJI website) and the app works perfectly. The DJI Assistant app still does not work at all. I'm not sure why the RONIN app would be removed from the app store since it seems to work great, and has been updated kind of recently.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jdturner88 Posted at 2-19 08:55
I was able to download an apk for the "RONIN" app from a different website (not from the DJI website) and the app works perfectly. The DJI Assistant app still does not work at all. I'm not sure why the RONIN app would be removed from the app store since it seems to work great, and has been updated kind of recently.

DJI Ronin APP is still available in the App Store and it can be downloaded directly, are you referring to you downloaded DJI Assistant APP before so that it doesn't work at all?
2019-2-20
Use props
Ken Kunkel
New

Canada

June 2019, and I'm having the issue where no matter what I can't login to the app. It either says password or verification code is incorrect, which is impossible because I have created 3 different accounts and copied the verification code perfectly 100 times but yet it will never login. I also try to reset my password, but I never end up getting the email. Super frustrating! Why do you need an app to use a piece of equipment?????
2019-6-4
Use props
djiuser_LDU5UXNUoveB
New

Yes I am having issues once again using the DJI Assistant on my Android, which is a Google Pixel 2xl. I try to find an update on it thru the app and I get nothing. Any recommendations? This app I've used for my Ronin M. It's worked here and there and up until last week it gives me an error message about how the app was made for older Androids.
2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_fwm4EzXKSEjT
New

Canada

I just bought a ronin rsc2 and this app won't work on my phone. It isn't compatible with a Samsung s21+. A newer phone, which I don't understand, and I don't understand why this ronin app hasn't been updated invite past MONTHS since others mentioned issues
2022-1-8
Use props
Eskaban
New

Germany

Hello, same problem, I have the S21Ultra, my wife S21 + and the app doesn't work for both of us. The FAQ of the RS2 does not say you need a specific phone but "Anroid 5 or higher". The shop where I bought the rs2 told me they will check it now and, if necessary, they will take the products out of the range and take my RS2 back. Quite problematic if you only have these phones.

I would not have expected such poor support from DJI.

Can an employee say how things will be with product support in the future?
2022-1-8
Use props
fans53314969
New

Costa Rica

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-2-20 01:13
DJI Ronin APP is still available in the App Store and it can be downloaded directly, are you referring to you downloaded DJI Assistant APP before so that it doesn't work at all?

Hello! Can someone help me with a question, I have the roninM, I reset the password from the software on the PC but the app doesn't let me login on my phone, I put the new password and it freezes, I can't access it, can you help me? the apk no longer appears on the official website. Thank you!
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules