Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2018.07.18
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0020
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.2.22 or above, Android V 4.2.21 or above

What's New?
  • Added support for Apple ProRes RAW and Apple ProRes RAW HQ when using CINESSD for Zenmuse X7.
  • Updated CINESSD’s file system from FAT32 to exFAT. After the firmware update, FAT32 must be manually formatted in order to update to exFAT.
  • Fixed an issue in ProRes videos where the color is abnormal when the white balance value is higher than 8000K.
  • Optimized aircraft hovering performance in low altitude (below 8m) indoor when the ambient light conditions are sufficient.
  • Improved flight stability by optimizing the compass data fusion algorithm for flight at high latitude.
  • Updated Flight Safe system. User can now unlock various flight restrictions. After the update, users must re-import the unlocking certificate. The unlocking certificate requires the approval of the relevant local aviation authorities. For more information, please contact flysafe@dji.com.
  • Fixed an issue where gimbal pan rotates when switching flight modes.
  • Added function that uses the LS and RS levels to adjust the maximum gimbal rotation speed for Cendence (Cendence version 02.00.0120 is required).
  • Added function to customizable buttons. Added gimbal pitch auto return to center and turn downward 90° (Cendence version 02.00.0120, Inspire 2 standard remote controller version 01.01.0020, and DJI GO 4 app version of 4.2.24 or above are required).
  • Updated the battery firmware to version 1.0.0.67 (the same as the Matrice 200 series).

Notes:
  • When using the Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app, then retry.

2018-7-17
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

...downloading now!
2018-7-17
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Hummm... Navigation error, check the redundancy system.

What happens?

----------------------

Returned to the previous firmware and everything works.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-7-18 00:53
Hummm... Navigation error, check the redundancy system.

What happens?

Sorry to hear that, could you please export the flight data for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, we will report to our engineers, thank you. GTScreenshot_20180718_174210.png
2018-7-18
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Did DJI leave out licensed ProRes X5S users?? We have paid the same license fee as X7 users, and the license is tied to CineCore, not the camera! The X5S is very much able to use ProRes RAW!
2018-7-18
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2018-7-18 03:53
Did DJI leave out licensed ProRes X5S users?? We have paid the same license fee as X7 users, and the license is tied to CineCore, not the camera! The X5S is very much able to use ProRes RAW!

It will also come for the X5S Andre Becker wrote in a Facebook group. He is DJI Product Manager in Europe. It only takes a little bit more time!
AE9C0EBB-F9DF-46A0-A6C4-17FCCB45312F.jpeg
2018-7-18
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-18 01:43
Sorry to hear that, could you please export the flight data for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, we will report to our engineers, thank you.[view_image]

Hi Mindy
I think hope this is correct (little bit different of your tips)

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... f6uFVzm?usp=sharing
2018-7-18
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Skyling Posted at 2018-7-18 14:15
It will also come for the X5S Andre Becker wrote in a Facebook group. He is DJI Product Manager in Europe. It only takes a little bit more time!

Hope André Becker is right about it, so ProRes RAW will be released for the X5S also.
2018-7-18
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

I see the battery firmware is also updated again. Can DJI please confirm what exactly has changed within the battery firmware this time around?

Are there any general hover stability improvements in this firmware release? Anyone tested yet before I pull my I2 out the closet to try it again lol.
2018-7-18
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-7-18 14:23
Hi Mindy
I think hope this is correct (little bit different of your tips)

With the new firmware my Inspire 2 does not find satellites.
2018-7-19
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

dan_vector Posted at 2018-7-18 21:43
I see the battery firmware is also updated again. Can DJI please confirm what exactly has changed within the battery firmware this time around?

Are there any general hover stability improvements in this firmware release? Anyone tested yet before I pull my I2 out the closet to try it again lol.

I wonder if the battery firmware fixes the issue with the charge station that drains the power and kills the battery when its left in the charge slots?
2018-7-19
Use props
PhanMass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37644 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-18 01:43
Sorry to hear that, could you please export the flight data for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, we will report to our engineers, thank you.[view_image]

Hi Mindy

Same with my Inspire 2 with X7, Navigation error, check the redundancy system.
Did an compass and IMU calibration but that did not solve the problem.
Returned to the previous firmware and everything works fine.
2018-7-19
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

PhanMass Posted at 2018-7-19 22:17
Hi Mindy

Hi PhanMass
Did you upgrade with computers and DJI Assistant or via the remote / tablet?
(I made with Assistant, latest version)

Hi Mindy any news?
When I click on "flight data" the system seems crazy ... strange mouvements and sound from the camera and a lot of errors...
--------------------

UPDATE
Also tried to update via CrystalSky but same thing.

2018-7-20
Use props
PhanMass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37644 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PhanMass Posted at 2018-7-19 22:17
Hi Mindy

Hi Cindy,

Here is the link : https://we.tl/XGIRjaqgXB

I tried a second time to upgrade but it did not help.

With the 0100 version software everything works fine and without errors.
2018-7-20
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Having Uncommanded yaw issues after takeoff, happens about 3 out of every 5 flights. I have refreshed FW, calibrated the compass several times and calibrated the RC. If I downgrade FW to the previous version, will I need to do a vision system and IMU cal again?

I believe this is a bug in the latest.

In the video the inspire yaws uncommanded at the very start, towards the end I correct it on the sticks

2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-7-20 02:00
Hi PhanMass
Did you upgrade with computers and DJI Assistant or via the remote / tablet?
(I made with Assistant, latest version)

ToscanaDrone, sorry for the troubles, we haven't received the feedback from our engineers and they are still working on analyzing. Please use the previous firmware temporarily, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PhanMass Posted at 2018-7-20 11:32
Hi Cindy,

Here is the link : https://we.tl/XGIRjaqgXB

PhanMass, sorry to know you have the same issue, the data has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will come back to you once there is any update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
Jinhyun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37277129 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

In the firmware version v01.02.0200, I found a problem related to the quick spin function.

1. When the aircraft is hovering
In previous versions of the firmware, the QuickSpin function worked correctly when the camera was in free mode and the aircraft was rotated in place.
However, in this firmware, the quick spin function does not work in the above situation, and only the unpleasant sound is heard.

Contrary,
The quick spin function works correctly when the camera is rotated 360 degrees.

2. When an aircraft is in flight
In previous versions of the firmware, when the aircraft was in flight and the quick spin was activated, the aircraft kept its direction correctly even after the aircraft was spinning.

However, in this firmware, the direction of the aircraft was changed after the quick spin.
Sometimes these functions do not work at all.

And,
A message often appears that the landing gear has moved up and down during the flight.
I could not confirm that the landing gear actually moved up and down,
Such icons and voice messages often appear during flight.

In addition, when the aircraft is flying in a straight line, there is a slight sway in both directions.

I am very pleased that this firmware supports prores raw.
However, when compared with previous versions of firmware, the stability is not good.

Please solve the problem  

2018-7-23
Use props
AeroMovie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After the last update firmware version v01.02.0200 we could only fly 20 to 30 m. The image transmission failed constantly and was very jerking. Unfortunately, we couldn't do our weekend job with the Inspire 2 with X5s. Luckily we had a P4 Pro with us to take some more shots, but it was not the same with an Inspire 2 with two man team. Yesterday I downgrade the update back to the previous version and everything is going well again.

DJI don't like what you're doing to us.
2018-7-23
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Jinhyun Posted at 2018-7-23 20:34
https://youtu.be/m2RzEb0ZCLM

In the firmware version v01.02.0200, I found a problem related to the quick spin function.

"A message often appears that the landing gear has moved up and down during the flight.
I could not confirm that the landing gear actually moved up and down,
Such icons and voice messages often appear during flight."

The same is happen here! I haven´t tested quickspin yet. Will do this tomorrow!
2018-7-24
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

BUG LIST

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385

2018-7-26
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-7-27
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263615 ft

Where is this  gimbal turn downward 90° for the customizable Cendence buttons? Can only see the pitch auto return in the button menu settings which I already had on the previous versions. And yes, i have upgraded all the firmware for the i2 and Cendence RC and have the most up to date version of the App
2018-8-3
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

gbp6461 Posted at 2018-8-3 09:11
Where is this  gimbal turn downward 90° for the customizable Cendence buttons? Can only see the pitch auto return in the button menu settings which I already had on the previous versions. And yes, i have upgraded all the firmware for the i2 and Cendence RC and have the most up to date version of the App

Read the release notes, it says in there which version of the Go app that’s required
2018-8-3
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

New version of DJI GO4 is also out today
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&page=1#pid1496727
2018-8-3
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-8-3 19:26
New version is also out today
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=160072&page=1#pid1496727

New version of GO not firmware
2018-8-3
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-8-3 22:12
New version of GO not firmware

You are correct..  I changed my original post to clarify that.
2018-8-4
Use props
FlyHighImaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1419459 ft

I'm trying to update to this version and its not even showing in my DJI Assistant 2 I have even tried updating via the app and its not showing there both say my current version is the latest
any ideas anyone ? @djimindy ?

2018-8-6
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>

Have several issues:
- quickspin malfunction. Gimbal Runs against the endpoint without quickspin - yes its active... this is especially critical in chasing scenes, because it ruins our shot
- several landing gear fail-messages
- unintended gimbal pan (x5s)
- sensor fail messages

please get a firmware fix out as soon as possible... dont tell me to attach my gimbal again, power the inspire off and on, calibrate the imu, etc... im tired of this suggestions
2018-8-13
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

HVMediaUG Posted at 2018-8-13 05:04
Have several issues:
- quickspin malfunction. Gimbal Runs against the endpoint without quickspin - yes its active... this is especially critical in chasing scenes, because it ruins our shot
- several landing gear fail-messages

I'm getting all those except sensor fail. But I do get an IMU error message. With the quickspin, the I2 span at the right time but ended the spin pointing in a different direction so there's something gone wrong there. Also after completing  the spin the camera focus had been lost (X5s/Oly 14-42)
2018-8-13
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Same problem here! Landing gear and IMU error
2018-8-14
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

DJI, any word on when a new firmware will be released for the Inspire 2?
2018-8-15
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any news on any fixes or should I backdate my firmware?
2018-8-16
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Since upgrading to firmware V01.02.0200 our Inspire 2 is virtually unusable.

• Constant, non stop landing gear raising / lowering notifications.
  • IMU Redundancy Switching notifications
  • Frequent complete disconnections (grey screen as if device is disconnected from controller - present with OEM controller + iPad Air2 and Cendence + CS)
  • X5S horizon rolls horribly when the aircraft is moved in any direction. This has always been an issue but seems even worse now - I'd really like to know if there is any solution to this, I have done all the usual calibrations IMU, Compass, Gimbal, Sticks... I can't shoot anything without using Spotlight Pro, it's that bad.
  • Zebras / Over Exposure Warning only works about one in five flights.
  • EL Mode randomly defaults to Normal after battery changes / aircraft power cycling.

It's been over a month now, where is our fix?
2018-8-24
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1783087 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello
Same problem and we have 2 machines!
Can we use an unstable UAV at € 25,000?
We want to give you the time to solve the problems related to Inspire 2, but it's been over a month that we are waiting! Radio silence? DJI?
2018-8-28
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

STILL WAINTING DJI !!! The last 2 firms are horrible....
2018-9-3
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Captain Salty Posted at 2018-8-24 19:31
Since upgrading to firmware V01.02.0200 our Inspire 2 is virtually unusable.

Also mine landing gear stop working and can no exit Langing mode.
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_ERCOGudz3LRz
lvl.1
United States

Why you release crap firmware without testing? Shame SHAME shame!
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules