Mavic Air battery problem
1883 17 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Hello,

I have a problem with one of the batteries after my drone hit the ground. I rised it up last night, but after some seconds has gone directly into a building.

Now the battery shows it is fully charged, but doesn't want to power on.

Could you give me some advice? Thank you!

https://youtu.be/fMJSAusELh0
2018-7-18
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

put it in your quad and try it.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Hi Bill,

I tried to put it back, but nothing happens, it's just the same thing.

I will try with dji assistant.

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble. May I know if you have a different battery? Have you tried to use it and check it if they will work on your Aircraft?  If yes, I believed there's a problem with that battery. I highly recommend you to return the battery directly to the store where you purchased it so they can replace it. Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your reply, I have two other batteries and it seems to work with them, but I get some errors with the vision sensors calibration, which I am not able to fix. The bad thing is that I am in vacation now and don't have access to DJI assistent application. I will try to ask the store to replace the battery but it is hard to believe they will accept this.

Is there any way to see the flight history and find out what happened with my drone when it hit the building and then the ground, because in those moments, at some point, without touching the remote controller, my drone started moving by itself and I tried to use the controller to avoid the building but it did not respond to my commands. Did this happen because was dark outside? I don't understand why this happend because I had seen a lot of videos on youtube with people flying their drones during the night. Should I have turned off the vision sensors before rising it up?
2018-7-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY Posted at 2018-7-18 12:59
Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your reply, I have two other batteries and it seems to work with them, but I get some errors with the vision sensors calibration, which I am not able to fix. The bad thing is that I am in vacation now and don't have access to DJI assistent application. I will try to ask the store to replace the battery but it is hard to believe they will accept this.

If you wish so, you can upload your flightrecord to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The flightrecord is located in a DJI subfolder of your mobile device.
Some pilots here might be able to tell you more about what went wrong with your flight.
In any case I recommend you to open a support case with DJI and get your aircraft and battery checked after this crash.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-18 13:20
If you wish so, you can upload your flightrecord to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The flightrecord is located in a DJI subfolder of your mobile device.
Some pilots here might be able to tell you more about what went wrong with your flight.

Hi Wachtberg,

Thank you for this info, I will upload the files on Tuesday when I get back home and have access to a computer, because I can't find any way to download drone's internal storage using only my mobile phone.
2018-7-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY Posted at 2018-7-18 19:57
Hi Wachtberg,

Thank you for this info, I will upload the files on Tuesday when I get back home and have access to a computer, because I can't find any way to download drone's internal storage using only my mobile phone.

It is on your mobile phone in a DJI subfolder, not in your aircraft.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-18 22:36
It is on your mobile phone in a DJI subfolder, not in your aircraft.

I managed to upload the flight record from that night.
If someone could have a look and let me know what the problem was I would be very thankful.

Flight Record
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY Posted at 2018-7-19 00:51
I managed to upload the flight record from that night.
If someone could have a look and let me know what the problem was I would be very thankful.

This is a very easy one. You took off with zero satellites in ATTI mode which is very difficult to control, especially for a new pilot. In ATTI mode your aircraft cannot hold its position, thus it crashed very quickly. You should always wait for sufficient satellites (my personal minimum is 11) and the home point being recorded in DJI GO 4.
But I am very sorry for your crash and hope the damage remains limited to that one battery. You should not use it any more.

2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 01:24
This is a very easy one. You took off with zero satellites in ATTI mode which is very difficult to control, especially for a new pilot. In ATTI mode your aircraft cannot hold its position, thus it crashed very quickly. You should always wait for sufficient satellites (my personal minimum is 11) and the home point being recorded in DJI GO 4.
But I am very sorry for your crash and hope the damage remains limited to that one battery. You should not use it any more.

It is impossible to use that battery, because it is not working. I hope I can calibrate the vision sensors when get back home.

If I open a support ticket with dji, could they check the aircraft online or I should send it to them, because I can't find any official store in my country (Romania) and don't know what the costs would be. Otherwise is it possible for my case to buy a dji care refresh and request a new drone or should I have bought it before crashing the aircraft?

Many Thanks,
Mihai
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY Posted at 2018-7-19 02:49
It is impossible to use that battery, because it is not working. I hope I can calibrate the vision sensors when get back home.

If I open a support ticket with dji, could they check the aircraft online or I should send it to them, because I can't find any official store in my country (Romania) and don't know what the costs would be. Otherwise is it possible for my case to buy a dji care refresh and request a new drone or should I have bought it before crashing the aircraft?

Hello Mihai,
Once you are back home you can open a support ticket and make the blackbox data of your aircraft available for a check. That might already be sufficient for DJI to determine if all is ok with your Mavic Air. But you should do some more flights in a safe environment before exporting the blackbox. Then export the data with DJI Asssistant.
After a crash also IMU calibration is recommended.You should have bought DJI care refresh before to be able to use it in this crash case. Once your aircraft will be fit again you can buy it as insurance for future cases.
I wish you good luck and only happy landings in the future,
Andreas
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY
lvl.2
Romania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 02:55
Hello Mihai,
Once you are back home you can open a support ticket and make the blackbox data of your aircraft available for a check. That might already be sufficient for DJI to determine if all is ok with your Mavic Air. But you should do some more flights in a safe environment before exporting the blackbox. Then export the data with DJI Asssistant.
After a crash also IMU calibration is recommended.You should have bought DJI care refresh before to be able to use it in this crash case. Once your aircraft will be fit again you can buy it as insurance for future cases.

Thank you very much for your help and good thoughts!

I'll ask dji to check my drone next week.

I wish you all the best!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DukvsaVycwfY Posted at 2018-7-19 03:28
Thank you very much for your help and good thoughts!

I'll ask dji to check my drone next week.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and like Wachtberger mentioned the aircraft was on ATTI mode due to 0 satellite which means sensors are disabled as well, however, once you send it into our repair facility we will evaluate your drone to see what are the things that we need to repair. I would suggest syncing flight records as well for our clarify what happens on your aircraft during the incident, kindly see the link for you to contact our team.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-19
Use props
MihaiD
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 11:37
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and like Wachtberger mentioned the aircraft was on ATTI mode due to 0 satellite which means sensors are disabled as well, however, once you send it into our repair facility we will evaluate your drone to see what are the things that we need to repair. I would suggest syncing flight records as well for our clarify what happens on your aircraft during the incident, kindly see the link for you to contact our team.

www.dji.com/service

Hi Tony,

I did calibration of vision sensors and took the quad out for a flight today.
Now I've just exported the data in my local computer, because don't see any blackbox option as Wachtberger said

How should I make the DAT file available to DJI for checking if everything is ok?  Thank you!
2018-7-25
Use props
MihaiD
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 11:37
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and like Wachtberger mentioned the aircraft was on ATTI mode due to 0 satellite which means sensors are disabled as well, however, once you send it into our repair facility we will evaluate your drone to see what are the things that we need to repair. I would suggest syncing flight records as well for our clarify what happens on your aircraft during the incident, kindly see the link for you to contact our team.

www.dji.com/service

I asked dji support how to upload data and they told me that it is needed to send the drone to them if I want to check it.
The closest service to me is in Germany...
So I will use it as it is and try to shot that complicated video to buy a dji care refresh.

If I buy a care refresh can I request them to change the broken battery?

Thank you!
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MihaiD Posted at 2018-7-25 02:18
I asked dji support how to upload data and they told me that it is needed to send the drone to them if I want to check it.
The closest service to me is in Germany...
So I will use it as it is and try to shot that complicated video to buy a dji care refresh.

Hi, thanks for the response, for clarification, in order for you to possibly avail the DJI care refresh is, you have to have a good condition drone which you'll be needing to send a video verification for them to analyze your drone if it still eligible for the refresh plan and the DJI Care refresh plan, specifically to the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery, and propellers can be replaced, however, if you only have 2 replacement for a year and it's one time purchased only.
2018-7-25
Use props
MihaiD
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-25 08:51
Hi, thanks for the response, for clarification, in order for you to possibly avail the DJI care refresh is, you have to have a good condition drone which you'll be needing to send a video verification for them to analyze your drone if it still eligible for the refresh plan and the DJI Care refresh plan, specifically to the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery, and propellers can be replaced, however, if you only have 2 replacement for a year and it's one time purchased only.

Hi,

I tested the drone today and it's perfectly fine, also tried to shot the customerupload video but it is hard to do it alone..

So just to make it clearer, you said "you only have 2 replacement for a year and it's one time purchased only.", when you say "2 replacement for a year" you are talking about the whole drone am I right? Or is this available even for the parts?

As an example if I get a DJI care refresh and request a new battery, that means one replacement has gone and remains only one available? Because if so, I think would be better to wait to break some other things in order to request more parts at once..

It is still unclear to me..
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules