Roll axis bounces back to level - can't balance
1228 7 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TachLock
lvl.2
United States

Any suggestions - I have a Canon 6D (which is on the compatibility list) and I am able to get all axis set up correctly with the exception of the roll.  I have tried compensating with the left-right plate adjustment in conjunction with the roll axis adjustment and started from scratch several times without luck.  

In basic movements the gimble still works, until it doesn't - it will jump and get upset ruining the shot.

Suggestions, please!
2018-7-18
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I have the same problem, stil there is no clear definition of the cause or the solution. Issue has been discussed already in topic "Roll Axis Balancing Issues - Always Horizontal", https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=157078
2018-7-18
Use props
TachLock
lvl.2
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 2018-7-18 06:28
I have the same problem, stil there is no clear definition of the cause or the solution. Issue has been discussed already in topic "Roll Axis Balancing Issues - Always Horizontal", https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=157078

The 6D has now (as of Thursday the 19th)  the Canon 6D has been completely removed from the compatibility list.
2018-7-23
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

TachLock Posted at 2018-7-23 12:29
The 6D has now (as of Thursday the 19th)  the Canon 6D has been completely removed from the compatibility list.

Camera model compatibility does not have anything to do with gimbal balance. Compatibility list is there for camera control functions (focus, star-stop...). Any brick that is within dimension limits and weight limits should get balanced and stabilized.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_GnXHeWZUxQeq
lvl.1
United States

Same issues here with Canon 80D & Sigma 18-35mm. I've tried everything
2018-7-23
Use props
TachLock
lvl.2
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 2018-7-23 12:32
Camera model compatibility does not have anything to do with gimbal balance. Compatibility list is there for camera control functions (focus, star-stop...). Any brick that is within dimension limits and weight limits should get balanced and stabilized.

Ummm, but it was removed from the list.  I thought you had a 6D too...  
2018-7-23
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

TachLock Posted at 2018-7-23 13:13
Ummm, but it was removed from the list.  I thought you had a 6D too...

Please note that balancing issues do not have anything in common with compatibility list. List is there for camera controls only, while balancing is purely mechanical issue and it should work with any brick.

On Ronin-S I use Panasonic GH5 and Canon 5D IV. On some other Chinese pistol gimbal (which I will not name precisely on DJI forum) I use Sony A6500 .On Ronin-M and Ronin-MX I used plenty of different cameras, including Sony A7S and Blackmagic BMPCC, while on Ronin and Movi and Geemsy I used some RED Epic and Arri Alexa Mini cameras. Before electronic gimbals I used to use full Stedicam systems (with vest and isoelactic arm) as well as handheld mechanical stabilizers for DSLRs. So, I believe that I am pretty unbiased regarding make and model of the weapons  ;)

So, if Canon 6D is removed from the list, I believe that there could be some incompatibility regarding thumbwheel focusing or autofocusing by halfpressing gimbal button... Optimistic thinking would be that 6D just has not been officially tested with the new firmware, or there can be some legal issues on DJI-Canon relation regarding control protocol licensing. Nevertheless, gimbal stabilization should work as expected.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi TachLock, I have replied your another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-158452-1-1.html Please keep me updated there, we will follow up, thank you very much.
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules