Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ok...ok....I think I give....
756 8 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lwa11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123898 ft
United States

I have been shotting photographs and selling them since 1995. I recently added the p4p v2 and am taking shots (not selling them until certification is done) that are good but can be better.
drone practice:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68 ... s/72157692941609960

So I have never used filters. I am thinking because of sun brightness and reflections I might need one for the drone.

Recommendations?

DJI_0015.JPG
2018-7-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... d-nd-filters.73736/

2018-7-18
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Shoot in raw, use AEB.  Find a good software that has a correct profile for the Phantom.   I find it hard to pinpoint a single exposure, and just use the AEB mode, you can cover -1.34 to  +1.34 not great but still better than a single shot/attempted recovery.  Then blend in LR or photoshop.

A ND IMO will not help, you don't need to slow down your exposure and that is all a ND will allow.  You have a great aperture range on the P4 Pro Vr 2.0 however much smaller than 5.6 and diffraction will start to show up.  

You might consider a polarizer, there are many out there that are only a polarizer, not ND polarizer combo.  The polarizer would help a lot on a bright day time shot as there is a lot of sunlight reflection on green.  The CL will cut out a lot of that.  As the lens is a wide you may run into a fade issue on the blue, common with polarized wide skies.  But IMO it's not hard to fix in post.  

Add a bit of clarity, in Lightroom or similar tool and try the dehaze tool.  Both can add a lot to the final shot.

Paul C
2018-7-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually, an ND 8 on this shot you took would look so much better with little to no post processing needed, thats just my opinion and what i would have used on the day.
2018-7-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ND filters (in my opinion) are not needed for drone photography.
Unless you are after a large aperture.
(why would you want that when you want everything to be in focus)
Just set the aperture to 5.6 or something and use a fast enough shutterspeed + low ISO.
You should be good.
Just my 2 cents
2018-7-19
Use props
lwa11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123898 ft
United States

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas and thoughts.  I could see going either way with the ND. I may try just a polarizer. I also wonder if I shoot in raw and edit like I normally would how that will work so probably will try that today. I have been only shooting jpg as I have only been practicing.
2018-7-19
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I was a pro photographer for nearly twenty years and I never used filters except a UV one to protect my lens. I have taken the same attitude with drone imaging. I agree with Paul2660 inasmuch as AEB shots blended together, in my case using Aurora, gives me all I need, especially if coupled with Luminar or Intensify for some extra whatever else you might want to add.
2018-7-19
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft

When I was younger...….seems like a century ago.  Photography wasn't so easy.

There was a place called a darkroom...…  Here,  you had to know how to burn, dodge. test strip for exposure time etc.

It took lots of work to get a gr8 photo printed.  Chemical temp stop baths and all that stuff was not easy like digital photography.
Stitching photos together wasn't an option at all.
ND filters were very important.   I wonder how many people would use a photo drone if the old chemical baths and dark room tech were still needed.
I'm learning more about the digital photography and find it a lot harder to grasp all the terminology.
photography has come a long way.    The best part is not having to have tons of storage space for all those negatives.
One of my favorite settings was to have everything in focus from 3 feet to infinity.  I never had to worry about focus, just point and shoot.
Now everyone can be a gr8 photographer.   drone on.....and keep shooting photos and vids.
2018-7-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice shot like it
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules