Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Galaxy S8 with Spark and Go 4
2458 12 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_shoY3vsqWfoI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

Hi All.  I'm new to DJI and just bought a Spark. It should be here tomorrow. I'm normally an Android user but have access to an iPhone 6s. Initially I planned on selling the iPhone as it's just a backup to help finance the Spark.  Before I did that I figured I'd do some research on the best platform to use for Go 4.  I'm seeing some claims that there are issues with Android and that even thought the S8 is on the approved list I'd be better off using an iOS device.   I'd like to reach out to the folks in this forum that use or have used an S8 running Oreo and get their experiences with Go 4 and the Spark.  I've heard of app crashes, having to shutfdown mobile data, restart the phone, ect.  I haven't heard of those issues with iOS from friends who use their iPhones or iPads or from searches.  TIA.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. I highly recommend you to use an iOS device for the compatibility and reliability purposes to your Spark. If you have any concern, please let us know. Thanks.
2018-7-18
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-18 12:42
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. I highly recommend you to use an iOS device for the compatibility and reliability purposes to your Spark. If you have any concern, please let us know. Thanks.

Well that's not the answer I was looking for.  I guess I can use it and get a dedicated iPad mini later.  Can I use the iPhone without cell service.  I don't plan on having an active SIM card in the phone as it is currently used as a backup.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-18 14:33
Well that's not the answer I was looking for.  I guess I can use it and get a dedicated iPad mini later.  Can I use the iPhone without cell service.  I don't plan on having an active SIM card in the phone as it is currently used as a backup.

Hi, thanks for the response. Samsung S8 is included on our compatible devices with our spark and it should work properly I would recommend turning off the mobile data when you're connected to your spark RC wi-fi to avoid interruption. Regarding iPhone as long as it's running latest iOs and it's one of our compatible it will work and it's necessary to have cell service for you to fly it. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-18
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 17:02
Hi, thanks for the response. Samsung S8 is included on our compatible devices with our spark and it should work properly I would recommend turning off the mobile data when you're connected to your spark RC wi-fi to avoid interruption. Regarding iPhone as long as it's running latest iOs and it's one of our compatible it will work and it's necessary to have cell service for you to fly it. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.

Let me clarify cell service. If I have an unactivated SIM that receives a cell signal that will suffice. I don't need to have actual service just a cell signal. Correct?
2018-7-18
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.3
United States

If your statement is accurate regarding cell service then how does a non cellular device like a tablet work?  I think I can use an iPhone without a SIM card just like an iPad.
2018-7-18
Use props
Deftig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105016 ft
Germany

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-18 20:52
If your statement is accurate regarding cell service then how does a non cellular device like a tablet work?  I think I can use an iPhone without a SIM card just like an iPad.

I use an iPad 2018 with a P4p and a iPhone 6s without Simcard with my Spark
Both work absolutely flawless.
I just connect them with internet via a personal hotspot for a minute before flying to get the maps loaded
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-18 17:18
Let me clarify cell service. If I have an unactivated SIM that receives a cell signal that will suffice. I don't need to have actual service just a cell signal. Correct?

Correct, it's not necessary to have an Active sim in your mobile device because the drone needs a GPS signal, not the mobile device itself, however, you need to update the firmware and app first and that process requires an internet connection but when in terms of flying the drone internet is not required.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_rbF9Kjt7gH9G
lvl.1

Hi tony! Jn the web site dji is written that s8 in not compatible with the spark, is that true?
2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rbF9Kjt7gH9G Posted at 9-12 10:14
Hi tony! Jn the web site dji is written that s8 in not compatible with the spark, is that true?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Samsung s8 is fully compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Spark. Please refer to the screenshot below. Thank you for continued support.

2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_rbF9Kjt7gH9G
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 9-12 15:03
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Samsung s8 is fully compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Spark. Please refer to the screenshot below. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

Sorry but is writtend only samsung s8 plus
2019-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_rbF9Kjt7gH9G Posted at 9-12 23:49
Sorry but is writtend only samsung s8 plus

Yes, but is there any difference, aside screen and battery size?
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rbF9Kjt7gH9G Posted at 9-12 23:49
Sorry but is writtend only samsung s8 plus

Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, there will be possibilities that the application would run smoothly with your mobile device due to the capability of the phone. However, since it hasn't included to our recommended device, we couldn't guarantee the stabilization especially if there will be application and firmware upgrade. Therefore, the behavior of the app may change as well. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules