1289 10 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ash1057
lvl.1
Flight distance : 958 ft
United States

Hello all,

I purchased my P3A when it first came out.  Flew it fine with no issues.  Due to family, work and the such I haven't flown it in a couple of years (RC, AC and tablet have been stored in a pelican case).  Recently I decided to charge it up and take it for a flight.  I have a dedicated Samsung Tablet for this P3A (that I have always used with it) and when I turned it on it had app updates (including DJI).  I let those finish and did a reboot.  Powered on the RC plugged in the tablet and opened the app and then powered on the AC.  App was stuck at "How to Connect".  RC can controll gimbal, take pics and fly blind.  So I decided to update the firmware.  AC updated fine.  RC did not.  I have tried USB, USB cable to gimbal and of course through the App but that is pointless since the RC doesnt see the App.  I have also tried resetting the RC, putting the tablet in debugging mode, tried 2 other phones, several USB sticks.  Tried Win7, win10 and MAC to format the USB and copy the bin file to the USB.  No luck.  

Has anyone had any luck with purchasing and installing the HDMI board?  

Thanks

Joe
2018-7-18
Use props
ash1057
lvl.1
United States

Model Info
AC: W322
RC: GL300A

Firmware Info
AC: 01.11.0020
RC: Unknown

App Info
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I am very sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? After that connect your tablet to your remote controller. Please make sure you are using a compatible device to your Phantom 3 Advanced. Please check the link below for video tutorial.

2018-7-18
Use props
ash1057
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-18 12:07
Hi there. I am very sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? After that connect your tablet to your remote controller. Please make sure you are using a compatible device to your Phantom 3 Advanced. Please check the link below for video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

Done that.
2018-7-18
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

What happens when you turn on the remote control? what colour light is showing?
2018-7-18
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-7-18 21:58
What happens when you turn on the remote control? what colour light is showing?

I was reading on another forum who had the same issue..what he eventually did was to use a stronger device (iPad) and was able to relink the remote manually.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Joe, may I know what's the color of the RC indicator? Please refer below and try to refresh the RC firmware: Turn off the RC, hold C1, C2, record button and camera dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, connect with APP and update from Overall status to see whether it works.
2018-7-19
Use props
ash1057
lvl.1
United States

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-7-18 21:58
What happens when you turn on the remote control? what colour light is showing?

Red when just the RC is  on.  Blinks red and green when RC and AC are on.  From what I have read that means firmware mismatch between RC and AC.
2018-7-19
Use props
ash1057
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-19 04:14
Hi Joe, may I know what's the color of the RC indicator? Please refer below and try to refresh the RC firmware: Turn off the RC, hold C1, C2, record button and camera dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, connect with APP and update from Overall status to see whether it works.

RC is Red.  I have tried that several times.  when I open the App and select P3A, the only option is "How to Connect"
2018-7-19
Use props
ash1057
lvl.1
United States

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-7-18 22:29
I was reading on another forum who had the same issue..what he eventually did was to use a stronger device (iPad) and was able to relink the remote manually.

I have tried a Samsung tablet (which worked before), Nexus 6, Pixel 2xl and a Note 4.  I dont own an iPad or any other iOS device.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ash1057 Posted at 2018-7-19 08:20
RC is Red.  I have tried that several times.  when I open the App and select P3A, the only option is "How to Connect"

The reset may work after several times. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis. Here is the link to start your case: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules