12Next >
2944 40 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

The last idiot hasn't been born yet, and we already have too many among us.
Just watch this - https://fstoppers.com/aerial/dum ... -during-take-269289

If this has been posted earlier in here, I apologize.
2018-7-18
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Freakin moron !! Nough Said !!
2018-7-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Unbelievable, fortunately we've got Aeroscope now and hopefully it will be fully applied everywhere soon!
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

OMFG

Words can't begin to describe how STUPID this stunt was!!! My god!

Idiots like these will ruin it for everyone else!!!
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

“But the thought of being a lunatic did not greatly trouble him; the horror was that he might also be wrong. ”
2018-7-18
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Wow what a freaking moron.  He needs to be shot.
2018-7-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-18 13:19
OMFG

Words can't begin to describe how STUPID this stunt was!!! My god!

Hopefully not, but people who do such things should be prosecuted and punished. This is absolutely insane and unforgivable.
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

FlyDK Posted at 2018-7-18 13:28
Hopefully not, but people who do such things should be prosecuted and punished. This is absolutely insane and unforgivable.

Agreed!

Hell, if I found someone on the ground piloting a drone next to a runway, I'd be calling my country's emergency line right there, as our law now allows our federal police to respond to such situations.
2018-7-18
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly it is only a matter of time before something serious happens. The message that such actions could have serious consequences just does not seem to be getting across.
2018-7-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Dumb
2018-7-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow what a moron, a complete tool. Hopefully law enforcement will come calling to his/her door.
2018-7-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

One thing we can do is found out the idiot like this and report them to authority. Need to do something to stop this kind of dangerous behaviour.
2018-7-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Unbelievable!  OMG!  Flip'n Moron!  Idiot!  Dipstick!
The Pilot should loose his flying privileges forever; for risking such a close encounter.
The air wake could have caused tiny drone to go out of control.
Not to mention, (but I am), big jet plane could have smashed little drone to pieces!  /s ;)

Dear Airplane failure analysis Engineers:
Please add Drone Strikes to battery of existing bird strike tests.
Sincerely,
Passenger 1A or 1F.
2018-7-18
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Question is...why is that no-fly-zone so small?! Nice footage tho, not that smooth but interesting.
2018-7-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful shot, but amazingly stupid.
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Axeli Posted at 2018-7-18 23:52
Question is...why is that no-fly-zone so small?!  Nice footage tho, not that smooth but interesting.

Have the same exact question as you too....

Having said that, it was unwise to fly at the airport in the first place
2018-7-19
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

According to that link, drone was outside of the NFZ. Perhaps they should widen it there in that country. IDK, the drone was legal there perhaps.. stupid as it is.

I would not call that a near miss. Drone must have been very far away, especially an Anafi as they claim, which would not handle the jet wash. And why did they claim Anafi which is a much lighter drone and would get tossed around in winds at that height. MP has zoom as well. Where did the article writer get his facts? Geo zone ends at the runway just a few hundred feet out? LOL

This was all over FB too, and many have said it's CGI mixed in with other footage. The jet has no wash, no nav lights active, no V stab strobe. No port or starboard lights.
A380 should have P/S lights flash 2x in succession. There is NO strobe on this jet.

Total BS video.

edit: this is really messed up because orig footage had no lights active when I saw it yesterday on FB. After all the debate, they added a couple in. Still no TO lights.

That altitude for drone must be well over 800'. Not sure an Anafi would do that

It's a fake... probably
2018-7-19
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Oh I'm 100% sure it's not a fake
2018-7-19
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-19 02:35
According to that link, drone was outside of the NFZ. Perhaps they should widen it there in that country. IDK, the drone was legal there perhaps.. stupid as it is.

I would not call that a near miss. Drone must have been very far away, especially an Anafi as they claim, which would not handle the jet wash. And why did they claim Anafi which is a much lighter drone and would get tossed around in winds at that height. MP has zoom as well. Where did the article writer get his facts? Geo zone ends at the runway just a few hundred feet out? LOL

Max flying height for Parrot Anafi is 150 meters above the takeoff spot !!!

Yes, the video looks too fake as I see it.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-19
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Basically breaking all the rules and potentially endangering 100's of people lives and property. The only way this juvenile behaviour can be reduced is through education and sanction. Heavy jail term for the first one caught might send the right message. Stating the obvious - but one has to wonder what this person actually thought they were doing. Could they know that the plane was going to take that track - what if the plane had to do a loop round due to any onboard fault? What beggars believe it that they were actually crabbing further into the flight path as the plane ascended.
2018-7-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Well the geographical area is correct, its a real airport that does take Emirates A380s and the surrounding terrain matches exactly what you can see on google earth so it appears even if the PLANE isn't real the reality of drone hovering at height over that area is true.

Jet wash wouldnt be an issue, the drone is off to the side and jet wash is going to be behind and travelling downwards.  I don't see heat haze and i see a strange reflection on the plane and those are the only 2 things that make me question it.

A quick bit of measuring from google earth and it seems the drone is 7000ft downrange from takeoff location which is about right for the height and the timing from rotation.  Its off to the side by maybe 500ft of the centre line (again line up on the video - that last 10 seconds or ground is the most useful part).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/pl ... irport/@-20.4393179,57.712699,1988m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x217c8ae0b03bb125:0xf1f11c4736d0f5cf!8m2!3d-20.4331335!4d57.6789971  if anyone wants to go play with earth 3D view and measurements.

Most countries arent IN DJIs geo database and have a tiny or no geo fencing at all.

Due to the long runway there, DJIs Geo ends pretty much at the airport fence.

So from what i see theres no doubt someone flew a drone at this location, this close to an airport.  The only debate is was it a real plane going past or not.

2018-7-19
Use props
froesch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61526 ft
Germany

should get in jail for a long time to think about it... not a problem for the plane or the pilots. it's like a bird for them but it is not necessary to get all the people in a dangerous situation.
2018-7-19
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

It seems to me that it has been shot with Mavic Pro, because of the step zoom.
The Anafi has a smooth zoom.
By the way, that guy shall be arrested and submitted a big fine.
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-19 04:46
Well the geographical area is correct, its a real airport that does take Emirates A380s and the surrounding terrain matches exactly what you can see on google earth so it appears even if the PLANE isn't real the reality of drone hovering at height over that area is true.

Jet wash wouldnt be an issue, the drone is off to the side and jet wash is going to be behind and travelling downwards.  I don't see heat haze and i see a strange reflection on the plane and those are the only 2 things that make me question it.

very interesting analysis gnirtS!
2018-7-19
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why we can't have nice things.
2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And that is what happens when the operator has the option to turn off geo fencing... I rest my case!
2018-7-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-7-19 08:49
And that is what happens when the operator has the option to turn off geo fencing... I rest my case!

Nothing to do with turning Geofencing off.
Step outside the USA and you'll find most countries it either doesn't exist at all or just a very rough 1 mile circle around airport.
The location this drone is hovering is (just) outside the DJI Geo no fly zone which extends to about 400ft past the airport fence.
And not all drones have geofencing.
2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-19 09:07
Nothing to do with turning Geofencing off.
Step outside the USA and you'll find most countries it either doesn't exist at all or just a very rough 1 mile circle around airport.
The location this drone is hovering is (just) outside the DJI Geo no fly zone which extends to about 400ft past the airport fence.

That's my point - this flight claims to be with a the Parrot Anafi which enables the operator to turn off geo fencing... If this was with a DJI drone the geo fencing would have prohibited the flight. Geo fencing does work very effectively on my DJI drones in the UK and well beyond a one-mile radius.
2018-7-19
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

First I would like to stat that I agree drones should stay away from real AC.  

But I would like to ask, lets get real for a moment, an airbus A380 weights about 277,000kg empty depending upon version, etc, while an MP weights in about 1kg, MA is half that.  Now if a drone could actually get past the wash, (sideways from front too), and hit an engine directly...maybe and issue....but I have seen where modern engines are designed to survive a whole large bird being ingested(tested with frozen chickens....lol).  Same with the windshields, front cone, etc.  Now, head on, it may dent the external skin of the plane....plane may have to land early....passengers inconvenienced....etc.   Just curious?

Not saying we should try it at all, but is a small drone truly dangerous to a modern commercial jet, or would it be more of an inconvenience?  Single prop small plane, might damage prop enough it looses thrust, and becomes and issue quick....yeah
2018-7-19
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

The video is a 100% fake. At the take-off, Airbus does not have a bright beacon flashing lamp. The turbojet does not notice the hot air that is huge and very visible on the A380 engines ... especially the day and the distance to which it's been filmed
2018-7-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Merced69 Posted at 2018-7-19 09:16
First I would like to stat that I agree drones should stay away from real AC.  

But I would like to ask, lets get real for a moment, an airbus A380 weights about 277,000kg empty depending upon version, etc, while an MP weights in about 1kg, MA is half that.  Now if a drone could actually get past the wash, (sideways from front too), and hit an engine directly...maybe and issue....but I have seen where modern engines are designed to survive a whole large bird being ingested(tested with frozen chickens....lol).  Same with the windshields, front cone, etc.  Now, head on, it may dent the external skin of the plane....plane may have to land early....passengers inconvenienced....etc.   Just curious?

Theres a very common misconception here.  Yes engines are tested to not *suffer an uncontained failure* on hitting a bird.  However, a bird in the engine can easily cause blade damage and even if not requires the aircraft to be grounded until it can be inspected and certified as undamaged (or repaired).
This costs lots of money.
If a plane has to land early it'll most likely need to dump tens of thousands of dollars of fuel.  More cost.
It may also cause knock on delays to other flights at a busy airport as it takes up someone elses slot.  These other flights become late, people can miss connections so more money.
People on THAT plane also might miss connections etc so compensation.
If the engine needs inspection it'll requite an engineer - takes time.  If there isnt one at the airport that flight is cancelled so compensation, rebookings and so on.  And a knock on effect for the next leg that plane flies.
Even small dents generally need to be repaired which costs money.

...and thats the issue, a drone isnt going to down a plane BUT it can cause damage or have the potential to cause damage which needs to be investigated which costs ultimately tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2018-7-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-7-19 09:11
That's my point - this flight claims to be with a the Parrot Anafi which enables the operator to turn off geo fencing... If this was with a DJI drone the geo fencing would have prohibited the flight. Geo fencing does work very effectively on my DJI drones in the UK and well beyond a one-mile radius.

Err if it was a DJI drone the geofencing would have allowed the flight.
Check the DJI Geo map online, the NFZ only extends to the airport fence not where this drone was flying.
2018-7-19
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Real or not, the fact that you can get that close to the end of the runway and still be able to take off is insane. Here in the UK I wouldn't be able to take off anywhere near the airport (and no, before you ask I havent done that). Now we all know that we're all pretty responsible here on these forums and I don't think any of us would do such a thing, however we can't account for the braindeads out there that think "This is awesome". Yet again it is the minority ruining it for the rest of us. It only takes one complete idiot like this one to spark off yet another wave of anti-drone sentiment.

So far I have been lucky, every time I have had people close to me whilst flying they have been very interested and actually ask if I can send them photo's. I have yet to have anyone upset with me. Things like this though, again whether it be real or fake hurt our hobby. It is sad.
2018-7-19
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4

I like how the author assumes the type of drone. No facts in this at all. No confirmation of a real or fake doctored video. People go nuts over it. Problem with news today is anyone can claim anything without anything factual
2018-7-20
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-20 05:14
I like how the author assumes the type of drone. No facts in this at all. No confirmation of a real or fake doctored video. People go nuts over it. Problem with news today is anyone can claim anything without anything factual

Well, people assumes everything. In here, even details about DJI drones that doesn't exist.

We must assume that the video has been shown to demonstrate what we should not do and it seems valid to me and should do the same to everyone else - at least the essence of it. If you think about it that way, it shouldn't matter what some believe and others think they know.
2018-7-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4

I just prefer not having people in an uproar about drones based on non factual videos.
I don't want more laws enacted based on bs.

It's bad enough I had to convince neighbors that my drones can't zoom in 100x through their blinds, scan them in infrared like the stupid news has reported here.
2018-7-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4

If this was real and the pilot was legally flying in that zone it only suggests changing that country's zone laws. No prob with that.
2018-7-20
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-20 05:53
If this was real and the pilot was legally flying in that zone it only suggests changing that country's zone laws. No prob with that.

The video tells me that people have become so accustomed to rules and laws that they can not figure out how to analyze and evaluate anymore themselves. What I mean is that just because a restriction on a map does not limit enough to secure any airplane going in and out of the airport, one should imagine that a situation like this might be boundary overrun and may prove to be extremely dangerous... why risk anything.
2018-7-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4

FlyDK Posted at 2018-7-20 06:15
The video tells me that people have become so accustomed to rules and laws that they can not figure out how to analyze and evaluate anymore themselves. What I mean is that just because a restriction on a map does not limit enough to secure any airplane going in and out of the airport, one should imagine that a situation like this might be boundary overrun and may prove to be extremely dangerous... why risk anything.

That's fine. The article should have been titled more appropriately. "Is this an example of a safe zone for drones in this country?"

Instead its likely a fake video,  no confirmation of which drone. Anafi would struggle in that height and winds. Author based on a mere assumption. Out of any geo zone that could have been a Phantom as well as any other.

Too many things wrong here to create such reactions.
2018-7-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

To all who think this is a 'fake' video/plane. It is a real plane as shot from a drone. I can say that such a shot can be created using CGI but to get it to that level of finish and correctly mimicking all aspects as depicted in this video would entail professional levels of CGI creation. If you look carefully, you will see the correct shadow under plane as it takes off, also though the sun glint looks odd, its real too - as you can see a corresponding brighter patch on the ground below where the sun is shining through the broken clouds. Also there is a characteristic mirage effect from the hot engine exhausts evident as the plane passes the drone's position, warping the detail in the vegetation behind. If the flyer had held position and kept the A380 in view a bit longer we would have seen it ascend into the cloud base.
2018-7-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules