Ronin-S shipping?
2440 36 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

I ordered a Ronin-S on 10/07/18 and it still hasn't shipped. I am beginning to worry that DJI are selling

product they don't have. Has anyone had this experience?

Richard

2018-7-18
Use props
Drone to be Alive
lvl.3
Canada

I ordered mine too on 12/07/18 when it was in stock but still has not been shipped yet. DJI live chat told me that I am still within the 10-15 business days before it get shipped and to worry. I think they're still waiting from their factory to fulfill our orders . Any thought about my theory DJI Mindy?
2018-7-18
Use props
lukas.schroeder
lvl.1

ordered mine from BHphotovideo on June 4th and only just got it 2 days ago! They seem to be going out in large batches. This gimbal is in such high demand that it will definitely take a while. Worth the wait
2018-7-18
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am not use to financing a companies production runs. If we are having to wait that long from purchase to product, that is exactly what we are doing. I am seriously considering cancelling my order on general principle. How DJI can get drone production so right and gimbal production so wrong is beyond me.   
2018-7-18
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lukas.schroeder Posted at 2018-7-18 22:17
ordered mine from BHphotovideo on June 4th and only just got it 2 days ago! They seem to be going out in large batches. This gimbal is in such high demand that it will definitely take a while. Worth the wait

What camera are you shooting with it?
2018-7-18
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-18 23:44
I am not use to financing a companies production runs. If we are having to wait that long from purchase to product, that is exactly what we are doing. I am seriously considering cancelling my order on general principle. How DJI can get drone production so right and gimbal production so wrong is beyond me.

DJI's biggest mistake here hasn't been the production times, it was pricing a professional grade product at a consumer level. The Ronin line is intended for cinematographers and professional filmmakers, yet more Dad's and hobbyist have ordered the Ronin-S than anyone. I kid you not, there was one guy in a facebook group that asked people "yay, now I have my Ronin-s what do I shoot with it?" There's not a single company producing Cinema grade products that could produce units in the amounts people are buying this thing, and the funny thing is, most of the people buying the Ronin-s have no idea how to use it or have any real use for owning it. Video after video and post after post on facebook and youtube of people using it improperly balanced and complaining about its weight or their inability to set it up correctly and use all of the functions. I find it all rather hilarious. I ordered mine 5 minutes after receiving the first email, my "mistake" was ordering through DJI's website, I was rather upset to see people receiving their orders first through B&H but it was all quickly remedied as DJI shipped mine out mid-June and come to find out B&H started to have their own backorder issues. All I can tell you is that it's worth the wait, if you're a professional filmmaker and you need a single-handed gimbal for paid work then this is the one to get, it's ease of use and motor strength is unparalleled, and has all the right ports for future expansions and upgrades. Once all the hobbyists and novices are weeded out, this thing, with its future accessories, will be the workhorse we all know it can be. I'm sorry about the wait, I know it sucks, but don't blame DJI they're doing their best. Hope you get your hands on one soon. Cheers.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Richard, the shipping will be arranged according to the payment time and estimated shipping schedule when you ordered the unit. The tracking number will be sent to you automatically once the package is shipped, no worries.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone to be Alive Posted at 2018-7-18 15:30
I ordered mine too on 12/07/18 when it was in stock but still has not been shipped yet. DJI live chat told me that I am still within the 10-15 business days before it get shipped and to worry. I think they're still waiting from their factory to fulfill our orders . Any thought about my theory DJI Mindy?

Yes, you are correct. We'll arrange to ship as soon as the package is ready, thanks for your patience.
2018-7-19
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-19 02:39
Hi Richard, the shipping will be arranged according to the payment time and estimated shipping schedule when you ordered the unit. The tracking number will be sent to you automatically once the package is shipped, no worries.

You have had my money for 10 days and it still hasn't shipped. You shouldn't sell product you don't have.
2018-7-20
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Ordered 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC) - Shipped July 18 & should arrive on the 23rd [Canada]
2018-7-21
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-7-21 16:18
Ordered 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC) - Shipped July 18 & should arrive on the 23rd [Canada]

The gentlemen above and I ordered the same thing within 2 hours of each other ( mine at 2018-07-10 09:55:20 (UTC) and his ordered at 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC)). His was shipped on July 18th and expected to be received on July 22nd, while mine has not been shipped yet. DJI can you explain this? I used to have a very high opinion of your company and it's products, that is eroding very quickly. Day 12 and no ship date.
2018-7-22
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-19 02:42
Yes, you are correct. We'll arrange to ship as soon as the package is ready, thanks for your patience.

You stated, "Yes, you are correct. We'll arrange to ship as soon as the package is ready, thanks for your patience." The gentlemen below and I ordered the same thing within 2 hours of each other ( mine at 2018-07-10 09:55:20 (UTC) and his ordered at 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC)). His was shipped on July 18th and expected to be received on July 22nd, while mine has not been shipped ye and I have no date to be received. Given you statement above, please explain.

I used to have a very high opinion of your company and it's products, that is eroding very quickly. Day 12 and no ship date.
2018-7-22
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-7-21 16:18
Ordered 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC) - Shipped July 18 & should arrive on the 23rd [Canada]

I pre-ordered mine through Henry's Photography in Ottawa, Canada on June 21st, I spoke with a sales rep from Henry's a few days back and they are telling me I probably won't see it until late September to mid-October? Is this correct?
2018-7-22
Use props
sterlie
lvl.2

Denmark

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-7-22 09:01
I pre-ordered mine through Henry's Photography in Ottawa, Canada on June 21st, I spoke with a sales rep from Henry's a few days back and they are telling me I probably won't see it until late September to mid-October? Is this correct?

I have been told, after ordering on the 15th of June, from a Danish reseller, that they have so little knowledge of when the Ronin-S will be available, that I should spend my money elsewhere. And Im thinking that when a reseller tells you to spend your money at competitors, then they really have little faith in thw supplier.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-22 04:12
You stated, "Yes, you are correct. We'll arrange to ship as soon as the package is ready, thanks for your patience." The gentlemen below and I ordered the same thing within 2 hours of each other ( mine at 2018-07-10 09:55:20 (UTC) and his ordered at 2018-07-10 11:18:49 (UTC)). His was shipped on July 18th and expected to be received on July 22nd, while mine has not been shipped ye and I have no date to be received. Given you statement above, please explain.

I used to have a very high opinion of your company and it's products, that is eroding very quickly. Day 12 and no ship date.

Richard, the shipping time for various regions are different. May I have your order number for further check?
2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_EW3IUDjso9Ir
New

Im not understanding how orders from June are still backordered. I received an email stating you were selling them again on July 10th and they were in stock. Your constant grasp for empathy of customers understanding is reviting. You cant put out a notice that you have the item in stock yet keep us from receiving our orders prior to this announcement. It is rather repulsive a company your size would continue to give us the same "we are unsure when we will be able to ship out your order" but continue to accept orders as if you have then in stock periodically.

You have accepted my payment as well as many others. We would appreciate more insight rather than receive emails of more being sold and apparently shipping before those of us who have been waiting.

Not impressed, DJI.
2018-7-23
Use props
Drone to be Alive
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-19 02:42

Checked my 12th of July order this morning and status changed to shipped, yay! Confirmed, DJI shipped the Ronin-S from Shenzen.
2018-7-23
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

Susan from above asked me for my shipping number. She got it yesterday and I have received no reply for today. I just checked my status and it hasn't shipped.  I am about to start calling this out on my social media accounts. I don't want to do this, but if this is how responsive they become to there customers, people should be warned. I am sure that the Ronin-S is better than the Zhiyun Crane, but that does me no good if I can't get the Ronin. Also, I am going to have to think long and hard if I want to buy anything else again from DJI. DJI are really starting to poison their customer base with this.
2018-7-23
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

Rather than fix their issues, DJI have removed the Canon 6D from their compatibility list for the Ronin-S. This is the last straw, I have no intention of spending £669, to have to spend £1500 to buy a new camera. This is on top many others and myself not having received a shipping date for the product. If you are quoting 20 business days to ship, then we are having to finance their production runs, that is not good. It would appear that DJI are now better at marketing, than at producing. It is sad to see such a good company go so bad, so quickly. I have cancelled my order, now lets see if I actually get my money back.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-23 23:27
Rather than fix their issues, DJI have removed the Canon 6D from their compatibility list for the Ronin-S. This is the last straw, I have no intention of spending £669, to have to spend £1500 to buy a new camera. This is on top many others and myself not having received a shipping date for the product. If you are quoting 20 business days to ship, then we are having to finance their production runs, that is not good. It would appear that DJI are now better at marketing, than at producing. It is sad to see such a good company go so bad, so quickly. I have cancelled my order, now lets see if I actually get my money back.

Richard, sorry for the late response. Upon checking your order, it is in refund progress, we're sorry unpleasant during the communication. For the missing of Canon 6D, this has been forwarded to the right team, thanks so much for your feedback.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_EW3IUDjso9Ir Posted at 2018-7-23 09:35
Im not understanding how orders from June are still backordered. I received an email stating you were selling them again on July 10th and they were in stock. Your constant grasp for empathy of customers understanding is reviting. You cant put out a notice that you have the item in stock yet keep us from receiving our orders prior to this announcement. It is rather repulsive a company your size would continue to give us the same "we are unsure when we will be able to ship out your order" but continue to accept orders as if you have then in stock periodically.

You have accepted my payment as well as many others. We would appreciate more insight rather than receive emails of more being sold and apparently shipping before those of us who have been waiting.

Sir, there is a corresponding shipping schedule when the unit is available for shipping, please keep an eye when you place the order. If you are not sure of the estimated timeframe, you may leave us your order number, we'll help you check. We sincerely apologize if this bothers you.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone to be Alive Posted at 2018-7-23 10:12
Checked my 12th of July order this morning and status changed to shipped, yay! Confirmed, DJI shipped the Ronin-S from Shenzen.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear your package has been shipped. Hope you receive the package soon.
2018-7-24
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-18 23:44
I am not use to financing a companies production runs. If we are having to wait that long from purchase to product, that is exactly what we are doing. I am seriously considering cancelling my order on general principle. How DJI can get drone production so right and gimbal production so wrong is beyond me.

This is a bit ridiculous. Their policy with drones has been exactly the same. Drones like the Mavic took months to deliver and the policy on taking money long before shipment is common in the DJI store across all their products.
2018-7-24
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sterlie Posted at 2018-7-22 10:36
I have been told, after ordering on the 15th of June, from a Danish reseller, that they have so little knowledge of when the Ronin-S will be available, that I should spend my money elsewhere. And Im thinking that when a reseller tells you to spend your money at competitors, then they really have little faith in thw supplier.

Dealers have a difficult issue with DJI. They love their products which fly off the shelves, but they often are in short supply and DJI apparently treat dealers as poorly as their direct customers on the DJI Store. Just one example: In the UK the law says that if a faulty product is returnined within 30 days of purchase it must be replaced with a new item and not a repair. But DJI refuse to honour UK law and only support 15 days return. So if a customer returns a defective unit between 15 days and 30 days after purchase the dealer has to take the hit on having to discount the "used" model that's been repaired.  Then there's the situation like the Bell & Howell one where the company ordered several thousand units on the basis that they had exclusive rights for the first shipment, meaning other dealers couldn't get a single unit. Dealers are between a rock and a hard place, but in the current marketplace just have to "suck it up" from DJI because people want the products and the minute there's any hint of competition DJI issue a spoiler announcement to kill the competition, even if the product being announced isn't even off the design board.
2018-7-24
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Any indications as to when pre-orders through Canadian retailers will be fulfilled? I pre-ordered mine through Henry's in Ottawa, Ontario Canada back in June (21st)  along with my 6D Mk II
2018-7-27
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

It gets better. I received this July 24th:

Dear Richard Starnes,

Your order, number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, has been refunded. The amount will likely appear in your bank account within 1 to 3 business days, or at most 10 business days. The exact refund time depends on your specific bank. Thank you for supporting DJI!

Eight business days and counting, as of August 3rd, the refund still hasn't hit my bank account.
2018-8-3
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

AngularIan Posted at 2018-7-24 23:04
Dealers have a difficult issue with DJI. They love their products which fly off the shelves, but they often are in short supply and DJI apparently treat dealers as poorly as their direct customers on the DJI Store. Just one example: In the UK the law says that if a faulty product is returnined within 30 days of purchase it must be replaced with a new item and not a repair. But DJI refuse to honour UK law and only support 15 days return. So if a customer returns a defective unit between 15 days and 30 days after purchase the dealer has to take the hit on having to discount the "used" model that's been repaired.  Then there's the situation like the Bell & Howell one where the company ordered several thousand units on the basis that they had exclusive rights for the first shipment, meaning other dealers couldn't get a single unit. Dealers are between a rock and a hard place, but in the current marketplace just have to "suck it up" from DJI because people want the products and the minute there's any hint of competition DJI issue a spoiler announcement to kill the competition, even if the product being announced isn't even off the design board.

DJI have hot products and they know it. They believe they can treat everyone the way they want to because of it. DJI needs an effective competitor not only to improve competition and innovation, but to adjust their attitude towards customers and dealers. The problem for DJI is very simple, when an effective competitor establishes a good competing  product, DJI's customer base will evaporate overnight.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-8-3 02:02
It gets better. I received this July 24th:

Dear Richard Starnes,

Richard, the refund time frame is related with your bank, you may contact the bank to check. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-3
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-3 05:25
Richard, the refund time frame is related with your bank, you may contact the bank to check. Appreciate your understanding.

I have checked my account and there are no pending transactions with my bank from DJI.
2018-8-3
Use props
fansc3e85909
lvl.2
United States

I ordered from B&H June 20th, still hasn’t shipped. Ridiculous!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-8-3 07:48
I have checked my account and there are no pending transactions with my bank from DJI.

Richard, DJI will receive the money after the order is settled. For the refund before shipping, we only need to cancel the pre-authorization, you may contact the issuing bank to check the exact status.
2018-8-4
Use props
diegoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-4 00:31
Richard, DJI will receive the money after the order is settled. For the refund before shipping, we only need to cancel the pre-authorization, you may contact the issuing bank to check the exact status.

hi dji susan, can you tell me when they sent my order?my order is 0347228100499
2018-8-4
Use props
C_Knight
lvl.1
United States

fansc3e85909 Posted at 2018-8-3 15:55

This doesn't make me feel any better considering I ordered July 1st.  
2018-8-5
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

fansc3e85909 Posted at 2018-8-3 15:55

Man... I ordered July 10th from B&H. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!
2018-8-6
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

I "pre-ordered" mine from Henry's Camera Store in Ottawa, Canada June 21st, last time I asked them they told me probably mid to late October, few weeks before that it was end of August, and originally when I pre-ordered, was told mid to late July... we are now at the end of August, many other people getting theirs direct from ordering on DJI website, meanwhile I'm still waiting for mine... frustrating
2018-8-28
Use props
r3842id
lvl.1
United States

Drone to be Alive Posted at 7-18 15:30
I ordered mine too on 12/07/18 when it was in stock but still has not been shipped yet. DJI live chat told me that I am still within the 10-15 business days before it get shipped and to worry. I think they're still waiting from their factory to fulfill our orders . Any thought about my theory DJI Mindy?

If its not too late I would cancel that order and reorder since the price just dropped $200.
2018-12-12
Use props
r3842id
lvl.1
United States

r3842id Posted at 12-12 17:20
If its not too late I would cancel that order and reorder since the price just dropped $200.

disregard - date format messed me up
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules