P3 disconnects from RC
924 7 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenderRodriguez
lvl.1

I just got my P3P back from a warranty repair. The issue with my drone was that when it was recording, there are some ripples on the screen as it records. I get my drone back today to test it out. I connected my iPad 3 mini to the RC, turned it on, turned on the P3P, connected my cables, and turned on the DJI app. The Drone connects to the RC and I enter the camera view. I moved away to a safe distance before taking off and the quad gets disconnected. I go near the quad and it reconnects. I seem to be losing connection to the quad the moment I move away from it. I tried flying it and the moment it takes off, the quad disconnects from the RC. I managed to land it safely. I uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled it, used a different cable and tried it again and the same thing happens.

I decided to call DJI for some guidance. The tech told me to go through all the steps, uninstall the app, reinstall it again, reconnect it with a different cable. Then I realized something; did their repair technicians even fix my quad's issue to begin with? so I asked the tech and she reads on her notes that they did. So I asked again if they actually tested by filming and looking at the footage to see if the problem was resolved. The tech said yes. I am somehow not convinced that they did. Then she tells me that I have to update the firmware (which it has been) and I said yes. She said that the only way this issue will get resolved is if I update the firmware. I reminded her if that was the case, then how did they successfully repaired and tested my drone since "it was not updated". I am beginning to think that DJI just replaced the parts and called it a day. I am not sure if they actually even tested my drone to ensure that the issue has been resolved. Needless to say that I am very upset about all of this. I tested this away from any type of devices that might cost any interferrance and its usually the spot where I practice basic maneuvers.

Has anyone in here experienced any issues that is similar to what my drone is going through? Im not sure what would cause the drone to disconnect from the RC the moment I move just a few feet away, especially since the P3P is capable of going to a distance where my eyes can no longer see. Any input from members is appreciated. Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and controller firmware version? What's the color of the RC indicator? It will be better to upload the screenshot for better assistance, we'd like to check the current status.
2018-7-18
Use props
BenderRodriguez
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-18 20:22
Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and controller firmware version? What's the color of the RC indicator? It will be better to upload the screenshot for better assistance, we'd like to check the current status.

2018-7-19
Use props
BenderRodriguez
lvl.1
United States

FYI, I just tried it with a different iPad/Mobile device and its doing the same thing.
2018-7-19
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

If you just got it back from repair, I think sending it back in might be wise. I understand why you wouldn't want to, but it sounds like something may be loose inside??? Maybe the antenna wires aren't properly seated? You are correct, you should not be losing signal at all. I have a 3PA and easily go 2 miles with strong signal.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BenderRodriguez Posted at 2018-7-19 10:04
FYI, I just tried it with a different iPad/Mobile device and its doing the same thing.

Thanks for getting back to us. May I have the last repair case number? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you out.
2018-7-22
Use props
BenderRodriguez
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-22 23:04
Thanks for getting back to us. May I have the last repair case number? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you out.

CAS-1875285-T8R5T2
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BenderRodriguez, thanks for the case number, we see you have started a new case to send in the drone, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate team to take care of, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules