Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
test flight.... One disconnect
635 21 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,
I am still testing out my Mavic and trying to get use to it before I take it out and fly it "for real" in a location I could possiblly lose it if something goes wrong.  Practicing flying VLOS as well as by the view on the RC/Phone screen.  I previously had a major disconnect issue in which the app disconnected as well as the RC.  Luckily the Mavic RTH worked flawlessly.  I returned that drone and exchanged for another.  Since then, I've been test flying in at a local RC field to ensure I have plenty of room and open space.   

Prior to the most recent update, my test flight was successful without any disconnects with Airplane mode turned on.  Today was the first flight since the most recent update.  One battery down to 30% - no problems...  2nd battery, flying with no incident then noticed the aircraft disconnect message, but I still had RC control and obviously the drone was within LOS.  I landed and turned off the drone and RC.  Turned everything back on and finished the flight without any issues.  Upon start up, I had an "interference" message, that immediately went away.  I've never seen that.  I was the only one at the field so I have no idea what the interference may have been.  ANY IDEAS??

I attached a picture of the field (if it worked) so you can see how open it is.  A great place to practice.  

Is anyone still having disconnect issues??

fly fields.jpg
2018-7-18
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

All these stories about DCs makes it scary to fly
2018-7-18
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Yes it does.  That's why I'm testing in an open field.   Get comfortable flying and how to deal with the disconnects in an emergency situation.

It would be nice if I didn't habe to worry about it.  I also have a different brand drone and have NEVER had this issue.   I love the portability,  but the reliability is lacking.
2018-7-18
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Are you flying MP or MA?
2018-7-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice photo. Contrast and shadows are great!
2018-7-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

See this post: From guys in my drone club that flew over the weekend after updates:  MP "aircraft disconnects" were common after .0400 was installed. Reverting to .0300 and flights next day no reports of "aircraft disconnect"
2018-7-18
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-7-18 20:07
Are you flying MP or MA?

I'm flying the MP.  I love the stability in the air,  and the image quality is amazing, but the reliability is proving disheartening.  

I thought the issue was fixed a few weeks ago by switching on airplane mode, but I guess not.
2018-7-19
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-18 20:13
Nice photo. Contrast and shadows are great!

Thanks.... That' straight out of the camera... This one is actually a taken from a video file.
2018-7-19
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-18 21:51
See this post: From guys in my drone club that flew over the weekend after updates:  MP "aircraft disconnects" were common after .0400 was installed. Reverting to .0300 and flights next day no reports of "aircraft disconnect"

I'm thinking I'll try an earlier version and downgrade firmware, but just wondering what other issues that may cause.

I guess it's all an experiment until I find the right combination.
2018-7-19
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

So here's another question...  
I've found a list of DJI compatible devices and my phone (Samsung Note 5) which is 3 years old is on the list.  However, I just noticed this was from a link in the forum that led me there.  Upon further review, it's titled "Phantom help".  So I'm guessing my phone is compatible for a Phantom and not the Mavic?  It all runs on the same app, so how's that possible?  I don't see the Note5 listed on the Mavic page.  My phone is 3 years old and not on the list..... Other newer Samsung devices ARE on the list along with the latest and greatest iPhoneX.

DJI - How can my 3 year old phone not be on the compatible device list when newer models are?  Is this an oversight?

I love flying the Mavic but in order to use it to it's fullest ability, I need to be comfortable with it.
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

cool photo and nice to have such a large nearby RC field
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-19 04:57
I'm thinking I'll try an earlier version and downgrade firmware, but just wondering what other issues that may cause.

I guess it's all an experiment until I find the right combination.

For Mavic Pro and R.C. try .0200 FW.  

In past, I have not run into issues rolling back.

2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-19 05:11
I've found a list of DJI compatible devices and my phone (Samsung Note 5) which is 3 years old is on the list.  However, I just noticed this was from a link in the forum that led me there.  Upon further review, it's titled "Phantom help".  So I'm guessing my phone is compatible for a Phantom and not the Mavic?  It all runs on the same app, so how's that possible?  I don't see the Note5 listed on the Mavic page.  My phone is 3 years old and not on the list..... Other newer Samsung devices ARE on the list along with the latest and greatest iPhoneX.

List of SmartDevices ''Blessed by DJI'' to run GO-4 for Mavic Pro.  https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.

Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-19 05:29
cool photo and nice to have such a large nearby RC field

Think it was a shooting Range converted to RC field?
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 07:23

o wow interesting...
2018-7-19
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 07:23

I hope not... Why ruin a perfectly good shooting range!!  I love flying, but I love my shooting even more... Hence the name 308Shooter.  
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-19 05:11
I've found a list of DJI compatible devices and my phone (Samsung Note 5) which is 3 years old is on the list.  However, I just noticed this was from a link in the forum that led me there.  Upon further review, it's titled "Phantom help".  So I'm guessing my phone is compatible for a Phantom and not the Mavic?  It all runs on the same app, so how's that possible?  I don't see the Note5 listed on the Mavic page.  My phone is 3 years old and not on the list..... Other newer Samsung devices ARE on the list along with the latest and greatest iPhoneX.

Hi, unfortunately, Samsung Note 5 is not fully compatible to run the app. It is also incompatible to Phantom, the only Samsung Note series is compatible is the Note 4. Please check the list of fully compatible devices below. Thank you.

2018-7-19
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-19 09:20
Hi, unfortunately, Samsung Note 5 is not fully compatible to run the app. It is also incompatible to Phantom, the only Samsung Note series is compatible is the Note 4. Please check the list of fully compatible devices below. Thank you.

[view_image]

DJI Gamora,
Thanks - I had seen this so I know the Note 5 wasn't on the list.  But here's a question, that I hope you'll respond to.

Is there one Android device that's better than another for the sake of flying and connection to the app?
Since the APP is optimized for the iPhone8 and 8 +,  how is the iPhone X.  It's a new phone... How does it do with the APP?

Anxious to hear......

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-19 12:50
DJI Gamora,
Thanks - I had seen this so I know the Note 5 wasn't on the list.  But here's a question, that I hope you'll respond to.

Hi, actually there is none. Devices like the iPhone X is still not optimized and we are still under testing and development stage same goes for other Android phones.
2018-7-20
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-20 03:05
Hi, actually there is none. Devices like the iPhone X is still not optimized and we are still under testing and development stage same goes for other Android phones.

Okay.. Not trying to be a complete DITZ here.  BUT I will anyway.  If iPhoneX is still undergoing testing and development, then why is it on the approved list?

If I'm going to go to the expense and change devices to improve my flying experience, I want to make sure I don't get the corporate answer of  "It's not our fault, we're still under testing and development."  Sorry... I've just seen a lot of replies that tend to "TOW THE COMPANY LINE",  without actually answering direct questions.

Not complaining... just stating what I've observed.

Thanks,

Jamey
2018-7-20
Use props
amxedout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38153 ft

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-18 19:19
All these stories about DCs makes it scary to fly

One loss you can kiss your 800+ dollars goodbye.
2018-7-25
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

amxedout Posted at 2018-7-25 17:45
One loss you can kiss your 800+ dollars goodbye.

Word.. For me I have 1400 invested in the Mavic Pro.  Good thing I have a Statefarm PAP policy.  I have flown a few times since the update and so far so good
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules