Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List Update (2018.09.20 Update)
123Next >
38917 94 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear Ronin-S Users,

In light of recent inquiries about camera control compatibility, and due to the large number of camera brands and models involved, we are focusing our R&D resources on continuous optimization with the Ronin-S. Compatibility will be updated through firmware.

The following table shows camera and lens models officially supported with the Ronin-S. This table will be continuously updated.
Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List 0920-1.jpg
DJI Product Application Technical Support Center
September 20, 2018

2018-7-18
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

Please work on Nikon D800: let the live view stay on when cable is connected to camera and gimbal!
Nikonist are waiting for this!!!!
2018-7-18
Use props
Zordon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So you've dropped the development of USB control for Sony camreas entirely?
2018-7-19
Use props
BearPhoto
lvl.1

United States

Zordon Posted at 2018-7-19 02:54
So you've dropped the development of USB control for Sony camreas entirely?

shows they're still developing the Shutter USB control for Sony the bottom table
2018-7-19
Use props
Zordon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BearPhoto Posted at 2018-7-19 04:10
shows they're still developing the Shutter USB control for Sony the bottom table

Oh yeah thanks, I missed that, but it does not look promising. I doubt they'll do it anytime soon, I was actually expecting USB control in this update. Also they don't mention anything about focus pulling and other control features for Sony.
2018-7-19
Use props
XueShao
New
Flight distance : 80033 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please develop the focus function for Sony A series camera, please to support the focus wheel!!please.
2018-7-19
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes for the focus on Sony as well!!!
2018-7-20
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.3
Chile

please work in sony a7 series!!! #yesforthefocusonsony !
2018-7-20
Use props
fansc3e85909
lvl.3
United States

Any experience with the Nikon D810
2018-7-20
Use props
jerttyG
lvl.1
  • >>>

Please look into adding Fuji X camera to the list. Thanks
2018-7-21
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Where do I order the the RSS-P cable for the Panasonic GH4?
2018-7-21
Use props
ibro
lvl.3

Turkey

Will there ever be Fuji support?
2018-7-22
Use props
AndreasEdlund
lvl.1
Switzerland

Please focus on making the Ronin S compatible with the cameras you previously stated were compatible. I bought the Ronin S once I saw my camera was compatible, and obviously, I did not check if it had been removed from that list while I was waiting for it to be delivered. If it's on the list, as a consumer, you expect it to have been tested and it wouldn't suddenly be removed.
Your support should prioritize Ronin S Zendesk -ickets and come up with some kind of compensation for the customers who you have put in this situation. Speed up and solve this matter and you might keep your big consumer base. Would hate to see DJI do a "GoPro-Karma" because you released a not finished product.
2018-7-22
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.3

So now the Canon 6D  (MK1) is no longer on the list!!!! Really!
2018-7-23
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.3

Hello there, I have GH4 camera and i have also the RSS-P cable for the Ronin-S (i ordered it from DJI and it arrived a couple days ago). It seems that is not working when i push the REC button (Photo/Record) on the gimbal, its do nothing. But in the app --> Status-- > Device --> Shutter Controller is checked!! I dont have Sleep Mode enabled in the camera. I have the latest firmware installed on the Ronin-S ver. 1.3.0.20..  My GH4 firmware is ver. 2.7..     Can you help me please??
2018-7-26
Use props
Manos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102779 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

WE NEED SONY A7III usb support ....
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.3

SO, is the NIKON D750 supported or not? I received my ronin S today (ordered it because Nikon D750 WAS on the list of compatible devices) and in the manual it says connect with MCC cable, but there IS no MCC in the package, only MCC-B and MCC-C which both have connections I cannot connect to my Nikon D750, please advice ASAP DJI, this sucks big time, i specially bought the Ronin-S to operate with my Nikon D750, if the focus wheel and even start stop don't work this gimbal is useless for me and I will return it to the store
2018-8-3
Use props
Interlooper
New

Sony... Focus... YES please. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Swissbuddy
New

PITS Paul Posted at 2018-8-3 06:27
SO, is the NIKON D750 supported or not? I received my ronin S today (ordered it because Nikon D750 WAS on the list of compatible devices) and in the manual it says connect with MCC cable, but there IS no MCC in the package, only MCC-B and MCC-C which both have connections I cannot connect to my Nikon D750, please advice ASAP DJI, this sucks big time, i specially bought the Ronin-S to operate with my Nikon D750, if the focus wheel and even start stop don't work this gimbal is useless for me and I will return it to the store

Same for me. Is there a MCC for the D750 cable available? I did a long research today and found nothing. At least I would like to use the Record button on the Ronin S.
2018-8-5
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sony a7 (III) USB support soon would be VERY nice, even better with focus control.
Please talk to and work with Sony, maybe even convince them to make a paid upgrade if it´s "not possible" for free (like 4K upgrades with their PXW-X70 e.g.).
2018-8-5
Use props
noflyzone69
First Officer
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about Black magic?
2018-8-8
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.4
Italy

OOOOOhhhhh dji!!!!!!!
What are you doing?
No update from july 19!!!!!
Please release a BIG update to make ALL cameras you declared at Ronin S launch work!!!!
Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!
2018-8-8
Use props
8ightyse7en
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Roland Schulz Posted at 2018-8-5 23:50
Sony a7 (III) USB support soon would be VERY nice, even better with focus control.
Please talk to and work with Sony, maybe even convince them to make a paid upgrade if it´s "not possible" for free (like 4K upgrades with their PXW-X70 e.g.).

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D531%26typeid%3D531
2018-8-9
Use props
nathlas
lvl.1

8ightyse7en Posted at 2018-8-9 10:14
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=158695&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D531%26typeid%3D531

What about 3rd party lenses (Tamron, Sigma)  either with EF or with E mount ?

Will be compatible with follow focus ?
2018-8-10
Use props
Zukabak
New

United Kingdom

Can anyone from DJI explain why the Nikon D750 has been removed from the full compatibility list and has now dropped into 'potentially' providing simple 'IR Shutter Release' control?
That's nowhere near good enough, I'm very temped to cancel my order.
2018-8-13
Use props
Alpine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2875830 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I just placed an order about Ronin S. I have only Fuji cameras so I'm still thinking about this. So full support for Fujifilm would make my decision easy.
2018-8-13
Use props
Dch92
New

France

Hello,
Is the CANON G3X compatible with the RONIN-S ?
Thanks !
2018-8-14
Use props
OKAYMOTION
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2756 ft

Will the RONIN -S Pull Focus and Rec/Stop button be compatible with SONY A7S ?
2018-8-16
Use props
Andrey Guryanov
lvl.1
Russia

Yes, very interest about new A7S3 and support focus.

And Are you have official two hand support and travel case?
Current case only for shipping, or storage. Not for travel.
2018-8-18
Use props
Arsikos
lvl.1

Still no support of Fuji X why?
2018-8-19
Use props
mnliew
lvl.3
Singapore

Can we also have the Panasonic G85 in the list?
2018-8-22
Use props
mnliew
lvl.3
Singapore

mnliew Posted at 2018-8-22 02:42
Can we also have the Panasonic G85 in the list?

to add on
For the D850 lens compatibility can you also work on the 28mm F1.4 and the 50mm F1.8
2018-8-22
Use props
atercervus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Anyone tried focus on GH5 with Olympus 7-14mm lens?
2018-8-22
Use props
Helmet
lvl.1

Australia

Please make the A7s ii focus compatible. It would be extremely disappointing if you make one of the bigger systems hardly work with a $1,100 AUD product.
2018-8-27
Use props
Alpine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2875830 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Ok, I bought Ronin-S already for Fuji X-T2. It's a great device and would be better indeed with ability to start/stop videos and taking still right from the Ronin-S.

What if I'll found somewhere Type-C - 2.5mm cable? You can remote trigger Fujis with the same 2.5mm remote port as Canon and Pentax?
2018-8-27
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573310 ft

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-8-8 11:19
What about Black magic?

Yeah, what about Blackmagic?
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fuji X series any word if these will be compatible in the future.
2018-9-8
Use props
marlon_mp
New

Mexico

Hi! does anyone knows if I could use the Ronin S with a Sony PXW Z90?

Thanks!
2018-9-12
Use props
TITANIUM
New

Australia

When is the next compatibility list coming out, its been two months. I have a Fuji X-T20 and have just received shipment of my Ronin S.
2018-9-13
Use props
Martyw
lvl.1

Hi

I have upgraded my Ronin-S firmware to 1.4.0.30 but when I do the deadband pan seems to be very unreponsive. I have adjusted each user 1,2,3 to have a LOW deadband so it responds quickly but the movement requireded to translate the actual movement is almost 90 degrees from my startpoint. Even when I change the deadband pan to MEDIUM or HIGH it has the same result as a LOW setting.

Secondly I have been connecting it to my 1DX mark ii with the supplied MCC type B cable but it shuts my camera off after a few minutes of use in simple recording mode or timelapse. It has also caused the camera to freeze which has made me remove the battery.

I have only had my 1dx ii for 1 month and there has never been an issue when its off the Ronin S. It never freezes or shuts off. But the minute I connect it via your supplied MCC cable it has this error.

I rolled the Ronin S back to version 1.3.0.20 and it does not have the deadband issue. It will translate the movement as per LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH setting.
But the shutting down of my camera occurs on version 1.3.0.20 when connected by the MCC cable

Is there a firmware update coming to address this?
2018-9-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules