376 7 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, i see loads on how to look after the ac batteries, but what about the controller? is this under the same prinicple as the ac batteries?
2018-7-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

I would imagine it is as it does have a lipo and should be treated similar to a normal lipo battery.
2018-7-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Technically yes ... 30 - 50% charge level and store. Periodic checks to make sure battery does not get too low.

But practical terms - because the controller is a low power demand item - it is not so critical to have LiPo top notch ... so basically use and store. Just charge up when you need to ..

My suggestion is to not keep controller full charged for flights as its not necessary. The controller should provide at least 12 - 15 flights of reasonable duration. Because of this (here I revert to my P3P controller as example) - I only charge my controller when I see two LED's on the front .. then I use until its back to two LED's again ..

Nigel
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, they are just the same since they are both Lipo.
2018-7-19
Use props
Bair in the Air
lvl.2
United States

I had something strange happen to my P4P+ RC. I had gone for a 10 min. Flight, and I was showing the video on RC. I must of forgot to turn off RC. It was fully charged before. But next day I had a train in neighborhood, I wanted to film. So I fire up the bird. Turn on the RC. And the red light started blinking, and at the time, I couldn’t figure it out. So I turned it off. And tried again. Same thing, but this time I notice the little white lights, that indicate that RC is charged, there were no lights at all.  So question. How did my RC run totally out of juice? I thought it auto turned itself off.
2018-7-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Know that the controller Lipo is not an intelligent lipo which means it doesn't have auto-discharge like the flight battery.
2018-7-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Bair in the Air Posted at 2018-7-19 07:53
I had something strange happen to my P4P+ RC. I had gone for a 10 min. Flight, and I was showing the video on RC. I must of forgot to turn off RC. It was fully charged before. But next day I had a train in neighborhood, I wanted to film. So I fire up the bird. Turn on the RC. And the red light started blinking, and at the time, I couldn’t figure it out. So I turned it off. And tried again. Same thing, but this time I notice the little white lights, that indicate that RC is charged, there were no lights at all.  So question. How did my RC run totally out of juice? I thought it auto turned itself off.

My P3P controller starts beeping when it's powered on and there's no stick movement for a certain time - like maybe ten minutes?  I am not aware that it shuts itself off.  
2018-7-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies, so, it begs one further question, if its the same, why does it too, not have a self discharge period?
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules