Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

I'd like to ask a question about the rules there

Thanks!
2018-7-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

here is the rules https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;extra=#pid560354 hope it help you
2018-7-19
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-19 06:36
here is the rules https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71515&page=1&extra=#pid560354 hope it help you

He wants the Drone Rules for Slovenia, Nai.

2018-7-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-19 07:06
He wants the Drone Rules for Slovenia, Nai.

ohh  about the rules "there"
I thought it is the rules at here
2018-7-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

yup found it https://www.uavsystemsinternatio ... lovenia-drone-laws/
2018-7-19
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Thanks to all, I have read the one that you have linked alrady, just wanted to ask a local about how strictly these are taken and what are my odds to have my drone taken... I will be in the mountain so I think I should be OK.

Cheers,
2018-7-19
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft

I'm not a Slovenian local, but the last couple of years I did several multi-day hikes and climbs over there in the mountains with local guys. It is phantastic over there, on top of my favourite list, including the people. So I don't hink you will have any issues over there using your Spark. Wish I had mine already during my last hike in the Savinja Alps. Almost none of the mountainous areas are within controlled airspace. Which part are you visiting?
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-19 21:02
Thanks to all, I have read the one that you have linked alrady, just wanted to ask a local about how strictly these are taken and what are my odds to have my drone taken... I will be in the mountain so I think I should be OK.

Cheers,

You should visit Lake Bled in Slovenia, many who visited Slovenia, say it's One of the Most Beautiful Places there.

2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 00:49
You should visit Lake Bled in Slovenia, many who visited Slovenia, say it's One of the Most Beautiful Places there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3g-N19pSg

Awesome footage mate   
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-7-20 00:53
Awesome footage mate

Thank you so much A CW, it was done by some Hungarian Guy I think.

I notice in the Footage the Darkening of the Sky in some Parts due to the ND Filter when coming at an different angle of the Sun, I need to do a lot of Test about this, or split the Flight in two parts - Adjust ND, Takeoff Land / and Repeat. Or maybe wait till 12pm when the Sun is from the Top ?

Do you have any ideas how to avoid that A CW ? I think Splitting the Flight is the best option, but it will never match exaclty the previous footage.

2018-7-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-19 21:02
Thanks to all, I have read the one that you have linked alrady, just wanted to ask a local about how strictly these are taken and what are my odds to have my drone taken... I will be in the mountain so I think I should be OK.

Cheers,

enjoy flying !
2018-7-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 00:49
You should visit Lake Bled in Slovenia, many who visited Slovenia, say it's One of the Most Beautiful Places there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3g-N19pSg

very nice !
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 01:17
Thank you so much A CW, it was done by some Hungarian Guy I think.

I notice in the Footage the Darkening of the Sky in some Parts due to the ND Filter when coming at an different angle of the Sun, I need to do a lot of Test about this, or split the Flight in two parts - Adjust ND, Takeoff Land / and Repeat. Or maybe wait till 12pm when the Sun is from the Top ?

A lot of people get really hung up about the whole 180 degree rule in keeping the shutter speed to double the frame rate. This is fine for professional hand help cameras but is almost impossible to maintain on drones due to 360 yaws and lighting conditions changing in seconds with the yaw to the angle of the sun. The only principle requirement of ND filters is to create more motion blur for a cinematic feel to the image - if the drone is flying over 100' AGL and is not tracking any moving objects then motion blur is practically irrelevant as there is little to no motion to blur out. In that case, just increase the shutter speed as what is essential, absolutely essential, is the correct exposure value and when using a micro 1/2.3" basic sensor with a fixed aperture it is important to keep the ISO as close to 100 as possible and control the exposure manually with the shutter speed. Motion blur is not as important as the exposure. Use the rule of thirds to keep 33% of the image to the sky and 66% to the ground - the more sky in the image the darker the ground will be. Using graduated filters will help to balance that but again, a 90-180 degree yaw/pan and the lighting changes dramatically.  
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-7-20 06:27
A lot of people get really hung up about the whole 180 degree rule in keeping the shutter speed to double the frame rate. This is fine for professional hand help cameras but is almost impossible to maintain on drones due to 360 yaws and lighting conditions changing in seconds with the yaw to the angle of the sun. The only principle requirement of ND filters is to create more motion blur for a cinematic feel to the image - if the drone is flying over 100' AGL and is not tracking any moving objects then motion blur is practically irrelevant as there is little to no motion to blur out. In that case, just increase the shutter speed as what is essential, absolutely essential, is the correct exposure value and when using a micro 1/2.3" basic sensor with a fixed aperture it is important to keep the ISO as close to 100 as possible and control the exposure manually with the shutter speed. Motion blur is not as important as the exposure. Use the rule of thirds to keep 33% of the image to the sky and 66% to the ground - the more sky in the image the darker the ground will be. Using graduated filters will help to balance that but again, a 90-180 degree yaw/pan and the lighting changes dramatically.

Thanks really interesting A CW !

2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 07:17
Thanks really interesting A CW !

I learn't the hard that ND filters are practically pointless on drones - bottom line!
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-7-20 07:18
I learn't the hard that ND filters are practically pointless on drones - bottom line!

It takes a lot of settings and tweeking before the Actual Flight, and also planning according to the Sun Direction if one needs to do 360 Turns as you have mentioned.
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 07:19
It takes a lot of settings and tweeking before the Actual Flight, and also planning according to the Sun Direction if one needs to do 360 Turns as you have mentioned.

An ND16 may be perfect flying at a 45 degree angle then turn away from the sun and your exposure value drops to -1 or more - the only way to then correct the under exposure is to increase the ISO to compensate for the ND filter which creates noise in the image. It's especially difficult during the golden hour as the natural light changes by the minute as the sun rises/sets.
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-7-20 07:22
An ND16 may be perfect flying at a 45 degree angle then turn away from the sun and your exposure value drops to -1 or more - the only way to then correct the under exposure is to increase the ISO to compensate for the ND filter which creates noise in the image. It's especially difficult during the golden hour as the natural light changes by the minute as the sun rises/sets.

Infact, even when cloudy, as you said the Sun may come out from behind the clouds as cause a lot of variation when in Manual Mode, this happens a lot to me on my DSLRs as I am always on Manual, I was thinking maybe using 12pm when the Sun is High Up in the Sky when doing 360s or will the Shadow look very ugly ?

I think Practicing with trial and error is the best to improve.
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 07:25
Infact, even when cloudy, as you said the Sun may come out from behind the clouds as cause a lot of variation when in Manual Mode, this happens a lot to me on my DSLRs as I am always on Manual, I was thinking maybe using 12pm when the Sun is High Up in the Sky when doing 360s or will the Shadow look very ugly ?

I think Practicing with trial and error is the best to improve.

Keep practicing mate though it's one of things I am yet to get the hang of
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-7-20 07:27
Keep practicing mate though it's one of things I am yet to get the hang of

I understand 100% as its one of the most demanding techniques.

Every Scenario is different, daytime, weather, location, they all effect the final results.

Thank you so much for your Time Dear A CW.
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules