Unbalanced in balance test
10586 15 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicfilm
New

Hello, when I autotune and then do a balance test I get back the results of yaw:excellent roll:excellent pitch: bad

What axis am I doing wrong?

I'm using a gh5 plus 40mm canon on a speedboster.

I can't seem to get this thing to do the point anywhere and stay that everyone seems to do.

Help please.

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Magicfilm, the Pitch axis was not balanced properly, please refer to the tutorial video below to balance the tilt axis, from 0:50 to 1:33, thanks.
2018-7-22
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

What firmware version is on your Ronin-S?
While I used firmware 1.2... all axis ware reported as “excellent”. Immediately when upgraded to firmware 1.3... in-app balance test reported tilt and roll as excellent, while for pan reported “Pan: Re-balance needed”. I must point out that gimbal has not moved during the firmware upgrade, camera was on the gimbal during upgrade, so it was exactly the same balance in both of these tests. It seems that in-app balance test results are inconsistent - they vary with different firmware versions.

Beside his problem with in-app balance test inconsistencies, from my point ow view there is some general problem with mechanical  balancing of roll axis and pan axis, at least on two pieces  that I tested.  Roll levels to horizontal by itself on matter what I try (I am sure that balance is not bottom heavy, while it drops to horizontal even when roll is set upside down). Pan tend to get itself to several equilibrium angles while gimbal is vertical (it does not drop anyway while gimbal is horizontal).
2018-7-23
Use props
Cable111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3031 ft
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 2018-7-23 12:37
What firmware version is on your Ronin-S?
While I used firmware 1.2... all axis ware reported as “excellent”. Immediately when upgraded to firmware 1.3... in-app balance test reported tilt and roll as excellent, while for pan reported “Pan: Re-balance needed”. I must point out that gimbal has not moved during the firmware upgrade, camera was on the gimbal during upgrade, so it was exactly the same balance in both of these tests. It seems that in-app balance test results are inconsistent - they vary with different firmware versions.

I have the same issue and I am absolutely certain the pan balance is the best of the three.  
2018-8-7
Use props
KOKS
lvl.1

Ukraine

DrMrdalj Posted at 2018-7-23 12:37
What firmware version is on your Ronin-S?
While I used firmware 1.2... all axis ware reported as “excellent”. Immediately when upgraded to firmware 1.3... in-app balance test reported tilt and roll as excellent, while for pan reported “Pan: Re-balance needed”. I must point out that gimbal has not moved during the firmware upgrade, camera was on the gimbal during upgrade, so it was exactly the same balance in both of these tests. It seems that in-app balance test results are inconsistent - they vary with different firmware versions.

Hey. Have you solved this problem? At me the same problem, on 1.2 versions all ok, and on 1,3 Pan: re-needed
2018-8-21
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.2

Same here, i think its the firmware problem.

1-Android app says:
2-ios app says:
Screenshot_20180821-141252.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2018-08-21 at 19.27.21.jpeg
2018-8-21
Use props
KOKS
lvl.1

Ukraine

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-8-21 09:23
Same here, i think its the firmware problem.

1-Android app says:

not already whether dji does not see the problem (((
2018-8-21
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same problem here and also a problem with the auto center. DJI already said that they'll fix it wit hthe next update.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 3.58.31 PM.png
2018-8-21
Use props
KOKS
lvl.1

Ukraine

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 2018-8-21 15:05
Same problem here and also a problem with the auto center. DJI already said that they'll fix it wit hthe next update.

https://youtu.be/vmHEjt_CMiA

I did not pay attention to the autocenter in my (((how long to wait for an update that will fix the autocenter and balance test?
2018-8-21
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

KOKS Posted at 2018-8-21 21:48
I did not pay attention to the autocenter in my (((how long to wait for an update that will fix the autocenter and balance test?

So apparently more people has this autocenter problem, right? I thought it was only me. I hope in the next  update they fix both problems and not only one.
2018-8-22
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.2

Same here also, autocenter problem,  and Pan - re balance needed
2018-8-22
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

I'm also having the same Pan - re balance needed issue.
2018-8-23
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Between2tides Posted at 2018-8-23 11:32
I'm also having the same Pan - re balance needed issue.

FYI – I removed the HDMI cable that was feeding the separate monitor and spent a little more time with the gimbal, which included a re-balance test. It came out perfectly!
2018-8-24
Use props
fans887af746
lvl.1

I have the same issue with the Pan:re-balance needed and I also confirmed it goes away with the older firmware.  However I suspect that what is causing this problem is not a firm ware issue but a weak pan motor.

I have tested all the motors by pushing against them with slight resistance.  The roll and tilt motors act normally but the pan motor give a single shudder or shock at the first bit of resistance.  I also can feel this while whip panning.  I am currently trying to get DJI to resolve it.  I don't believe its a firmware issue as I felt the same pulse from the motor in the earlier firmwares when I back dated it.
2018-8-28
Use props
fans544ab907
New
Flight distance : 48156 ft
Argentina

Same issue for me re need balance
2018-9-16
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

I the Pan/Pitch , Re-balance issue too ......
And when I tilt it to the right .. with the motor on I felt vibration ....
whats going on??
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules