New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)
90920 255 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

S.J Posted at 2018-7-19 00:11
will this update create any unusual flyaways

Yes so DJI can force you to buy new drones !
If only Apple was making drones they would surely do that
2018-7-20
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Have tested new updates for spark, flying 3 batteries. Rock stable and pleasant flying. Thank You DJI for the excellent job!
2018-7-20
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 2018-7-19 23:23
Just curious, do you guys use the latest firmware updates with DJI Go 4 version 4.2.22 or your preferred earlier versions like 4.2.15, etc?

I'm on fw. 701 and app version 4.15 with OTG working ok so far. Of Course the app reminds me to upgrade but why I should? I tried several times to upgrade the firmware with assistant but it failed to work.
2018-7-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

The pointless beeping during the whole rc upgrade will surely convince everybody but DJI that the beeper must be removed.
2018-7-20
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

nixuspix Posted at 2018-7-19 13:20
I confirm no need to pull out and push in OTG cable from RC after this update. It can stay all time in. Nice!
FCC/EC swapping ability remains untouched

Did you turn off the RC to test this? You can just leave the cable plugged in all the time if you're just switching AC batteries, but if you turn off the RC you have to replug in the cable?
2018-7-20
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

heliman Posted at 2018-7-20 03:36
The pointless beeping during the whole rc upgrade will surely convince everybody but DJI that the beeper must be removed.

Yeah super annoying.
Imagine the department where they upgrade like 20 times a day to test if they fixed whatever bug they found on all of the revisions the rc has
2018-7-20
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

MKPSG12 Posted at 2018-7-20 03:41
Did you turn off the RC to test this? You can just leave the cable plugged in all the time if you're just switching AC batteries, but if you turn off the RC you have to replug in the cable?

Yes, sure, i did. It works now exactly like Mavic Air, which has the cable connected all the time
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53025 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB Posted at 2018-7-19 06:29
There could be an issue with the new FW
I've been flying the Spark since May and using OTG  once it (unofficially) worked again with the DJI GO App & I have hardly had issues. I’ve used 2 or 3 different OTG cables, with MOTO G4 & Huawei M5 Android devices.
Yesterday I upgraded the DJI App to 4.2.21 and planned to test it today. I then saw the FW upgrades and (foolishly) decided to install them as they ‘officially’ supported OTG.

Better news. I changed to 2.4GHz and flew at the same location as yesterday - no signal or image issues, no errors in the logs. I have read that 2.4 may give better connection reliability tha 5 but it never seemd to be a problem up to now.
I'm relieved
2018-7-20
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

heliman Posted at 2018-7-20 03:36

I'd love an option for controlling the volume of the RTH beep too....
2018-7-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just remember all that the Remote for the Spark will not update its FW if the OTG cable is plugged in. You can only update the FW on the remote if you connect remote to spark via WiFi.

Cheers
2018-7-20
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-20 02:19
I'm on fw. 701 and app version 4.15 with OTG working ok so far. Of Course the app reminds me to upgrade but why I should? I tried several times to upgrade the firmware with assistant but it failed to work.

I was brave today and updated AC, RC and app. Thank you for OTG Support DJI. The app is in german now. Tomorrow I will make further tests, but so far everything went fine. Firmware update with assistant was successfull, too. Big relief.
2018-7-20
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Updated both the Spark and RC in the car on the way to lunch. all went fine.
2018-7-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

nixuspix Posted at 2018-7-19 11:05
Nice one. One more question - if the OTG is now officially supported, does it mean, that You can keep the OTG cable all the time connected to the phone and controller, not like before, when You had to connect the OTG cable to RC at the very last moment? I mean, like in Mavic Air for example?

I havent tested yet with OT'G cable. All my flights were using WiFi as it was really reliable on Android.
2018-7-20
Use props
Dan>Sparky23547
lvl.1

Romania

did the update, all went find. I Installed latest apk for android for this but afterwards I rolled back to 4.1.15 for stability reasons, with latest versions I get huge lag and alot of disconnections. I used the latest apk as with older versions the R firmware would get bricked. Altough I never use OTG I did it because I am sure that is more than OTG support on this one, OTG support would have nothing to do with the aircraft.
2018-7-20
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Dan>Sparky23547 Posted at 2018-7-20 11:14
did the update, all went find. I Installed latest apk for android for this but afterwards I rolled back to 4.1.15 for stability reasons, with latest versions I get huge lag and alot of disconnections. I used the latest apk as with older versions the R firmware would get bricked. Altough I never use OTG I did it because I am sure that is more than OTG support on this one, OTG support would have nothing to do with the aircraft.

The air craft took a lot longer to update then the controller did for sure.
2018-7-20
Use props
AdeP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

Updated both RC & AC and app, works fine.
2018-7-20
Use props
Dan>Sparky23547
lvl.1

Romania

AdeP Posted at 2018-7-20 11:24
Updated both RC & AC and app, works fine.

As mentioned above, 4,2,21 is poor for me so I keep on using 4.1.15, best ever in my experience
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

Just flew 3 batteries with new firmware flawless using ios and Android . and i got low battery audio back as well
2018-7-20
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi,

To those who updated successfully... would anyone mind putting a quick SBS together...?

Did you use the phone or PC? Did you start with the RC or the AC firmware?

Thank you,
2018-7-20
Use props
DrJekyll
lvl.1

Hi there,

Brand new senior citizen Spark Fly More owner here. Got it in the mail a couple of days ago and been waiting for the weekend to get here.  I just assembled everything and, with some trepidation, followed the firmware update process.  Everything went smoothly and the process completed with no errors.

I just came back inside from my maiden flight, burning through both batteries, doing all the things I suppose new flyers do; take off, go up, come down, gingerly fly out and back etc.  Can't wait for Saturday to get out to some wide open spaces!

(I'm not sure if you are supposed to reply to the main topic, or to the last entry so pardon if this winds up in the wrong place.)
2018-7-20
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

DrJekyll Posted at 2018-7-20 14:16
Hi there,

Brand new senior citizen Spark Fly More owner here. Got it in the mail a couple of days ago and been waiting for the weekend to get here.  I just assembled everything and, with some trepidation, followed the firmware update process.  Everything went smoothly and the process completed with no errors.

Welcome to the Spark family

Hope to see you sharing your photos and videos. Have fun!
2018-7-20
Use props
dudez7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741778 ft
Singapore

Doing my update now....BeepBeep.BeepBeep...BeepBeep.BeepBeep...BeepBeep.BeepBeep...  i going crazy sooner of later....  
2018-7-20
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Update done. Do the extra batteries require an update as well? Don't think so, just asking to be shure.
2018-7-21
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

ernieken Posted at 2018-7-21 01:06
Update done. Do the extra batteries require an update as well? Don't think so, just asking to be shure.

No, latest Spark update did not include an update for the batteries.
2018-7-21
Use props
mshukr1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98156 ft
Malaysia

Just updated. Just an advice, you must update both RC and AC before flying (if you're updating)... Because I've tried to update just the RC and its give me several weird problem such as connection lost at short distance, wrong battery level etc.

After updated both, all those issues gone. Tested with wifi and got 400m distance, and using otg i got 650m...not much difference but got tall buildings with wifi around... Another thing, now when i connected otg with RC and phone, my phone auto run DJI go which is really nice.
2018-7-21
Use props
dudez7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741778 ft

Btw any1 faced issue calibrating RC stick after update? Somehow the blue dot in the calibratiom box does not move when i push the stick over it....
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I just read that ppl are reporting sudden altitude drops after updating the firmware. I think im staying put for now. There are bugs showing up on the latest firmware.
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Question, can you upgrade from 4.2.12 or it has to be done exclusively on 4.2.21???
2018-7-21
Use props
Quang Trung
New
Flight distance : 253 ft

Vietnam

I guarantees with you guys and girls, if you have update firmware your spark and remote controller cant connect anymore, trust me. I promise
2018-7-21
Use props
Quang Trung
New
Flight distance : 253 ft

Vietnam

I guarantee with you guys and girls if you have update firmware your spark, Spark and the remote controller will not connect anymore, trust me. I promise
2018-7-21
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I ran the update a bit differently. I used DJI Assistant to update the Spark with the radio turned off. After updating, I restarted the Spark.
I turned on the radio, turned on the Spark and waited for the green led.  Connecting the otg, first on the smartphone (with wi-fi connected to the internet) and then in the control. It normally opened the DJI Go 4 and requested the update of the radio that I did immediately. It was very fast, about 3 minutes of beeeps.
2018-7-21
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

I have updated the firmware on both spark and remote. Works perfectly with or without OTG.
I even tried it with the FCC hacked app 4.2.15, works fine.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

I used iphone 6s to update both rc and ac . no issues test flights were great.also used my andriod and the same no issues flew great
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_dvguMmzSUWhB
lvl.1
Italy

After the new firmware I had to restart the activation process. And it failed... I had to fly without the phone.... DJI seems to be too much complicated for my pursues....
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_dvguMmzSUWhB
lvl.1
Italy

purpouses...
2018-7-21
Use props
TRuav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15810 ft

5 day old spark. 3 flights before 7-19 firmware. Executed update just now,iPhone 7plus, went off without a hitch, will report back with update after test flights next week.

Loving spark so far, first DJI product. 2 yr 3DR Solo Pilot.
2018-7-21
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

My OTG worked before the update even came out, but my phone was too old to work with the RC very reliably. The update keeps failing though, so I won't bother.
2018-7-21
Use props
CLIFF80
lvl.2

Dji Admin, the RC doesn't connect after firmware update (failed).
RC SSID is not in network list anymore (tried multiple device.. Huawei P20 Pro, Samsung Note 3, Xiao Mi Max)
reset RC not able to get it back..

please assist
2018-7-22
Use props
AWood35`
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248330 ft
United States

Update took forever, but did NOT fail!
Updated craft & RC with no issues.  My phone is Huawei Elate.

Took flight to Fort Sumter the next morning (~1 mile away).
2018-7-22
Use props
norbert a.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83543 ft
Germany

updated Spark and RC. No problems at all (iOS, iPhone 8)
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules