New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)
90965 255 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noble797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-25 07:17
I'm on vacation with limited internet and my RC update failed now it refuses to connect to Wi-Fi. It only flys with the phone and it sucks! Anything I can do?

I had the same problem and after a day of messing with it, I found a way to downgrade it using an otg cable and my iPad. I first attempted to downgrade using assistant 2, but couldn’t get my pc to recognize the rc.
2018-7-28
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-28 01:51
I had the same problem and after a day of messing with it, I found a way to downgrade it using an otg cable and my iPad. I first attempted to downgrade using assistant 2, but couldn’t get my pc to recognize the rc.

Could share the steps to accomplish this "I found a way"
2018-7-28
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Note8 on Oreo.
Updated both RC and AC without any issues at all.
Test flight done. All good
2018-7-28
Use props
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

Will it cause flyaways?
2018-7-29
Use props
Dadam
New

So...any ideia on how to do de OTG connection with zenfone 2 and RC ?
2018-7-30
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

Update of R/C and A/C worked nicely. Even OTG works on my rather old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini VE (LineageOS 14.1 = Android 7.1.1, current app 4.2.21)!

I do: activate Aircraft mode on phone (important!). Then turn on the Spark, the the R/C. Wait for green LED on the R/C. Then plug in OTG cable. That starts DJI Go 4 right away. Fly.

One problem I noted: I have to hit the record button several times before recording video actually starts...thats a bit annoying.
2018-7-31
Use props
OldDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68576 ft
United States

On behalf of those Android Users  that this update Benefited...THANKS
2018-7-31
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

OldDroneGuy Posted at 2018-7-31 02:55
On behalf of those Android Users  that this update Benefited...THANKS

I am with You. Thanks
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Netherlands

After this update my spark isnt flying straight when pushing the right stick up... it is going sideways.... and when hoverring it is rotating. Sometimes more than 30 degrees... i recalobrated the drone updated.,. Any ideas?
2018-7-31
Use props
Michael Stoute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD Posted at 2018-7-31 08:59
After this update my spark isnt flying straight when pushing the right stick up... it is going sideways.... and when hoverring it is rotating. Sometimes more than 30 degrees... i recalobrated the drone updated.,. Any ideas?

Did you calibrate your RC sticks?
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
lvl.4
Netherlands

No,put there were no atick inputs (flight log)
2018-7-31
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

it fixes geofence so your spark does not go deep six over water like mine did.....
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your case CAS-2009512-Z2B2D9, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:
  1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode during the flight;
2. The aircraft took off in the  Authorization Zone then flew out of the Authorization Zone. The license  of permission expired at the middle of the flight, so the aircraft  cannot flew into the Authorization Zone;
3. At t=10:09, h=45 m, d=228 m,  battery 21%, RTH was triggered due to Low battery, but the aircraft  cannot flew into the Authorization Zone since the permission was  expired;
4. At t=11:23, h=45 m, d=144 m,  battery 12%, Landing was triggered due to Critically Low Battery, the  aircraft started to descend, then the flight record ended at t=13:41,  h=15 m, d=150 m.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any malfunctioned factors. Please fly with caution.

We truly appreciate your support for  DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase  another one, we can offer you a 15% off coupon code for Spark (Lava  Red) without the remote controller, which can be used  during payment on DJI’s online store:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

Please email me if you would like the  coupon code with the contents such as “I accept the offer”. And may I  know would you like to ship the aircraft to United States when placing  the order?

Should you have more questions about  the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly  within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3  working days.

Best regards,

Lydia
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/

2018-7-31
Use props
VanThangpro
lvl.1

Vietnam

Hiện tại tôi không cập nhật được FW mới! Mong các bạn hỗ trợ
2018-8-2
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I just got my Spark a few days ago and did the updates before flying. I did not have any problems out to 250m and up 90m. I did not use an OTG cable and did not experience any FPV breakup. I didn't have to take the cover off my iPhone X to fit in the RC. So, I'm pretty impressed so far.
2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
lvl.4
Netherlands

Did anyone else notice, that the drone isnt that stable anymor after the update? Mine flys sideways although i want it to fly forqard... and it is yaws when hovering. Anyone noticed the same?
2018-8-3
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 06:02
Just as warning: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157776-1-1.html

Keep your spark turned on during update of remote control, else you might end having a bricked remote.

there tech support is not the best....they will sell you a new one though....fun drones when they work proper
2018-8-3
Use props
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

Great update!
2018-8-3
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

Upgraded my Spark and RC to the latest firmware today without any issues. As with all firmware updates, I re-calibrated the IMU and compass after the update and before the first flight - just to be safe. Test flight was successful and aircraft was stable.
2018-8-4
Use props
Wyatt Earp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6693 ft

dji for the spark add waypoints and all the features that the mavic has please
2018-8-5
Use props
Wyatt Earp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6693 ft

dont bother updating people they changed the maps to some other than google and you cant use it offline now you can download the map but only a small area and when you turn off wifi and cell its blank so use older versions..
2018-8-5
Use props
JamilG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26572 ft

Lithuania

Shoonay Posted at 2018-7-19 08:54
Upgraded to the new firmware without problems, restarted RC and drone, flew the drone a bit but had to change the bettery quickly cause the update process drained it before.

Started from hand, while waiting for the GPS to link in I flew the drone a few meters back with the controller and than my connection died.

Had the same issue while flying with an OTG cable on android (Xiaomi mi a1, oreo 8.1).
DJI Go,RC and drone itself are all updated to the latest version (July, 2018).
DJI Go was showing 'Aircraft Disconnected' and reconnecting every 1-2 minutes mid flight which was pretty stressful. RC always had green light on and I was able to control the spark. There just was no connection between RC and the phone and no video feed consequently.
Then, during the next flight app disconnected again and I had to find the drone in the sky and land it without the feed on my phone. Was lucky that did not fly too far and was in the open field.

This seems to be a common issue with the newest firmware and OTG cable. Please fix it soon.
2018-8-6
Use props
adriank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106558 ft

BerkoZg Posted at 2018-7-26 21:55
In my case. Android User. I turn on Spark and RC. When led indicator on RC stop blinking red and goes on still green (rc connected with spark) then i plug in OTG cable. Wait for couple of seconds and djigo app starts automaticaly with otg connected (wifi is off btw).

Thanks for your description. That doesn't seem to work for me. I have tried all the different combinations, Wifi off, Wifi on, DJ Go App On/Off etc.

Do you have any further settings in your Android device? (like developper mode, USB Debugging etc.?)

I am running an Samsung Galaxy S8+, so I am confused as this is definitely one of the more high quantity and quality phones out there.
2018-8-6
Use props
gavski3000
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Been on a few flights now with the Spark and have to say really enjoying it. Still a nervous flyer and tend to not let it out of my sight so far!

This weekend my App notified me that there were updates available (funny I was notified before seeing as they came out two weeks ago?) Anyway, I updated successfully and charged batteries again.
Found a wonderful field to take it out yesterday afternoon, clear for miles, great views, no wind and with the weather the UK is having right now great blue sky!

However...I powered up as usual and took it up to around 30 metres above me, before it flashed up "poor connection" (or similar) I brought it back down again and it was OK, sent it back up and then out over the field. There is was again, poor connection. I brought back in after a fly around and changed the battery. Then sent it out again, a few more warnings popped up as I flew, this was worrying as I do not want to lose it!
I decided to keep it low to the floor and sweep across the field, that way it wouldn't have far to fall. I would say it travelled around 100 metres in front of me and it lost connection, the screen turned B&W and it hung in the air, I walked towards it and was able to reverse it back over to me. I tried again, the same thing happened, after around 100 metres it lost connection and almost in front of a tractor!!
I can tell you I was incredibly concerned, I moved closer to it and brought it back home. Packed up and left.

I can see from other comments that this has happened to others before me - how can a simple update ruin a machine?? Please fix ASAP!!
I am terrified of taking it out again in case I lose it or it disappears due to no connection. As far as I was aware they're meant to go much further than 100 metres!!

Also while I'm here the editor on the app (for me at least) will not go beyond the export button, it stays at 0% and does nothing. So I can't show off my flying skills to others until I can export!
2018-8-6
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

For some reason the Assistant on my Mac does not show an update? My Spark is still at the old firmware though...Any ideas?
2018-8-6
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

gavski3000 Posted at 2018-8-6 05:13
Been on a few flights now with the Spark and have to say really enjoying it. Still a nervous flyer and tend to not let it out of my sight so far!

This weekend my App notified me that there were updates available (funny I was notified before seeing as they came out two weeks ago?) Anyway, I updated successfully and charged batteries again.

I flew mine once a few days ago since I upgraded and I had many disconnections. Never happened to me before. I have to try again at a spot I'm used to to really compare. Also I took a panorama picture but was never able to download it. Always worked before. Hard to tell exactly what worked or not before/after the upgrade since I don't fly my Spark a lot, my FPV racers are so much more fun
2018-8-6
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

Firmware Update Working Great!

I tried to update firmware, but DJI Assistant 2 doesn't show any upgrade available and shows current version as V01.00.0900. I was able to upgrade DJI GO4 and when I connect to the aircraft it shows that I have the current version (again V01.00.0900). Incidentally, the connection with the latest version of DJI Go4 without using the OTG doesn't seem to have the lag of previous versions, though I didn't venture out more than a few hundred feet.
Update: Apparantly DJI removed the update for some time, but when I tried again this morning I was able to update both the aircraft and the RC. Incidentally, I found the following YouTube with instructions for updating the RC (and the A/C if needed):

I've made a couple of test flights since installing the update and I'm very pleased with the result. There was no video lag and all the in-flight statistics were available (speed, height, etc). I did notice that the camera exposure seemed a little low but that may be a setting I need to change.

I also shut everything down and restarted twice without disconnecting the OTG cable and each time the connection was recognized and I was able to start flying immediately.

Thank you DJI, I've been flying with the OTG cable for nearly a year but had to downgrade DJI GO4 to a version that allowed full connectivity. I haven't checked the photo options yet but I assume that the options I lost when downgrading DJI GO4 to accomodate the OTG cable are now available again.
2018-8-6
Use props
FNG Services
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3606 ft

Same here no up date showing up! I know I need to update my Spark and my Mavic Pro, but I am seeing no updates available for either of them in the Assistant 2 software or on the app.
2018-8-6
Use props
ChickenCutlass
lvl.2
United States

FNG Services Posted at 2018-8-6 15:53
Same here no up date showing up! I know I need to update my Spark and my Mavic Pro, but I am seeing no updates available for either of them in the Assistant 2 software or on the app.

Me too.  Both Assistant and the iOS app showing no update.  Did the update get pulled?
2018-8-6
Use props
FNG Services
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3606 ft

Looks like it’s back up. I was able to get my Mavic Pro and the Spark updated, along with both remotes.
2018-8-6
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

FNG Services Posted at 2018-8-6 19:59
Looks like it’s back up. I was able to get my Mavic Pro and the Spark updated, along with both remotes.

Yes it's back now. I was able to download it via the App. Weird...Feels like DJI took it down for a while or maybe they had some server issues.
2018-8-6
Use props
ChickenCutlass
lvl.2
United States

JDK92 Posted at 2018-8-6 23:26
Yes it's back now. I was able to download it via the App. Weird...Feels like DJI took it down for a while or maybe they had some server issues.

I was now able to update the Spark but still showing no update for my RC controller.
2018-8-7
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Singapore

Upgraded the firmware for both RC and AC. Yet to test flight. Really hoped that all will be well.
2018-8-7
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-8-6 12:48
I flew mine once a few days ago since I upgraded and I had many disconnections. Never happened to me before. I have to try again at a spot I'm used to to really compare. Also I took a panorama picture but was never able to download it. Always worked before. Hard to tell exactly what worked or not before/after the upgrade since I don't fly my Spark a lot, my FPV racers are so much more fun

I flew my Spark once again today. I had random disconnections like the first time. I'm flying with an OTG cable with my Xiaomi Redmi 4X since I have my Spark (end of April) and for me it was working better when OTG was not officially supported
2018-8-8
Use props
Bowie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20564 ft
France

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-8-8 12:58
I flew my Spark once again today. I had random disconnections like the first time. I'm flying with an OTG cable with my Xiaomi Redmi 4X since I have my Spark (end of April) and for me it was working better when OTG was not officially supported

No problem at all with the last update for me.   I dont use the OTG cable because it can cause disconnections like yours with bad or old cables.... Ipad mini 4 with Wifi and FCC is perfect for me... Much more reliable.
2018-8-9
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes the auto channel selection between the drone n the remote needs to be manually reselected if connection problems r occurring.  Try it.
2018-8-9
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

Actually I´m really scared to update my RC. I forget to buy the DJI Care, so if my RC is going to be bricked after the update then it´s better if I buy a new one
But if I don´t update that then I risk maybe an accident or something because of my outdated firmware :S I don´t know is it possible to wait for the next update and just jump over this one?
Or maybe it´s better to make a verification video of my Spark, and buy DJI Care, and then try to update my stuff. But DJI still don´t want to change your RC, just give 15% or something like that.
(anyway another question about DJI Care. What if I have an DJI care activation card, can I use it after the first 48 hours, or I still have to make the verification video?)
2018-8-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

heliman Posted at 2018-7-19 05:22
Why would I want to update the firmware?
I have an iphone. No changes are mentioned for IOS.

OTG support for IOS now works flawlessly. The Power up order of devices no longer effects the connection and the "Trust This device" warning on the IOS device now works correctly.
2018-8-10
Use props
F_santos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272838 ft
Portugal

Good afternoon, I have a problem with my spark since the last update. Whenever I try to download a video or photos through the application Spark loses the connection with the command. Anyone know how I can solve this? Thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-10 04:40
OTG support for IOS now works flawlessly. The Power up order of devices no longer effects the connection and the "Trust This device" warning on the IOS device now works correctly.

I sure would like some OFFICIAL verification on this.
The last I have been able to establish is OTG is NOT officially supported by iOS (GO4 version 4.2.24)
Also, still bricking issues being reported with the remote firmware 01.00.0600.
Getting GOOD, ACCURATE, RELIABLE information has been like pulling hens teeth. SPECULATIONS and OPINIONS have been plentiful. DJI is not very forthcoming on these issues.
Frustrating!
2018-8-10
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi All,

I've just had a succesful AC and RC firmware update on via my iPhone SE.

RC is not bricked, connections seems to be OK, but the test flight is due later.

Cheers,
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules