Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Bricked after update
1234567Next >
23247 256 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Hi,

When i got the message in Go4 app, to upgrade the RC, i followed the steps. All seemed to go fine, but in the end there came an error message that updating has failed. It instructed to restart the RC and try again. So i did....

But the remote now doesnt show up in the list of available Wifi sources. In other words, it can't be connected anymore to give the update another try.

I tried the OTG cable.

I tried to hold the power button for 9 seconds.

So it looks like my RC is bricked..

Anybody got an bright idea ? DJI ?

Wim

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know what is your current firmware version, mobile device, and DJI Go 4 app version?
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft

it still does turn on and can be charged?
if so, have you tried hooking it up to a computer and check with dji assistant?
might be worth a shot.
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-19 02:44
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know what is your current firmware version, mobile device, and DJI Go 4 app version?

The RC was up to date V 01.00.0500
The GO4 app was just updated yesterday to V 4.2.22

Im running a Sony Xperia XZ1 Android 8.0.0 47.1.A.12.235 Last security update 01.07.2018

2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 02:47
it still does turn on and can be charged?
if so, have you tried hooking it up to a computer and check with dji assistant?
might be worth a shot.

Yes it can be turned on and can be charged. It doesnt connect to DJI Assistant but it never had been possible either.
It looks like the WiFi component has taken on Holiday
2018-7-19
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-19 02:54
Yes it can be turned on and can be charged. It doesnt connect to DJI Assistant but it never had been possible either.
It looks like the WiFi component has taken on Holiday

This is very normal during firmware upgrade. Please try to downgrade the software firmware or proceed to the nearest DJI service outlet !
2018-7-19
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-7-19 02:59
This is very normal during firmware upgrade. Please try to downgrade the software firmware or proceed to the nearest DJI service outlet !

Can't downgrade the controller if it cannot connect.
2018-7-19
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-19 02:54
Yes it can be turned on and can be charged. It doesnt connect to DJI Assistant but it never had been possible either.
It looks like the WiFi component has taken on Holiday

If you know the controller WiFi SSID, try connecting manually???
Worth a shot.
2018-7-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

9 seconds hold on AC just reset AC to factory settings.
In this forum, some ppl mention, holding RC power button for 9 seconds will also reset RC to factory settings.

After that, the following procedure should apply:

Linking the Remote Controller
=============================
To link a remote controller to Spark, follow the instructions below:
1. Power on the aircraft and the remote controller. Wait until the aircraft status indicators blink yellow.
2. Press and hold the power button of the Intelligent Flight Battery for three second. Release the button
after hearing a single beep. The front LEDs will blink red.
3. Press and hold the Flight Pause button, the Function button, and the Customizable button
simultaneously.  Linking  begins  when  the  alarm  becomes  a  quick  single  beep  after  an  alternating  
single/double beep.
4. Then the front LEDs turn solid red after blinking green. When the status LED on the remote controller
turns solid green, linking is complete.
Ensure the remote controller is within 0.66 ft (20 cm) of the aircraft during linking.
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-7-19 03:19
9 seconds hold on AC just reset AC to factory settings.
In this forum, some ppl mention, holding RC power button for 9 seconds will also reset RC to factory settings.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I tried but with negative result. It really looks like the RC's Wifi has stopped working.
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-19 03:14
If you know the controller WiFi SSID, try connecting manually???
Worth a shot.

There is no Wifi signal at all..
2018-7-19
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-19 04:28
There is no Wifi signal at all..

That is what I mean
Connect manually by typing in the SSID and password

That is how you connect to office networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs

Just because you do not see it in the list does not mean it is not there.

Believe me, you are being blasted by more WIFi networks than your phone displays
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-19 05:02
That is what I mean
Connect manually by typing in the SSID and password

Yeah i know, thats why i checked with a signal analyser..  But the RC not transmitting any WiFi signal, thus nothing to connect to.
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

okay i'm in.
did the firmware update myself just now.
rc was not visible to dji assistant 2 before the update while still on .0400 firmware.
so i update through dji go 4.
during the update the rc started flashing green and beeping, but there were still signs of progress in the app.
then around 4o% the app aborted and said that the update failed and i should restart the ac.
i did restart the controller but now the red light is flashing twice and pause.

no luck with dji assistant 2, no luck with otg and no wifi signal from the controller.
guess we will have to contact support.
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 05:35
okay i'm in.
rc was not visible to dji assistant 2 before the update while still on .0400 firmware.

Yupp..

Exact same sequence i had.. I guess someone is stressing out at DJI now... Sounds like we are not the only ones getting our RC sick from this update...

I hope they can send out a software patch through PC connection.. cos otherwise their service shops wil be flooded in Bricked Spark RC's ..

2018-7-19
Use props
Antipaxi
First Officer

Romania

Oopsy. I sure as hell won't upgrade my RC if asked. I also use an Xperia.
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

i guess the thing i did wrong here was to have the aircraft turned off.
but i am indoors, updated spark through dji assistant 2 and just wanted to get the update for the rc.
so if you guys still want to try, better keep the spark turned on during the update process.
2018-7-19
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

And follow exactly the steps, mentioned in this video
2018-7-19
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 05:56
i guess the thing i did wrong here was to have the aircraft turned off.
but i am indoors, updated spark through dji assistant 2 and just wanted to get the update for the rc.
so if you guys still want to try, better keep the spark turned on during the update process.

I dont think that was the issue that the aircraft had to be turned on. I had to connect to my RC using aircraftmode on my mobile with only WiFi on (otherwise my phone couldnt not connect to the RC, somethin of the last days), no mobile signal and therefore no internett connection. I feel like the lack of an internet connection is what caused the problem. Anyhow not the best update from DJI... Hope a fix comes soon..
2018-7-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 05:35
okay i'm in.
rc was not visible to dji assistant 2 before the update while still on .0400 firmware.

thanks, one more reason NOT TO UPDATE right now!
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

since the rc is not even recognized by a pc i wouldn't hope for a software fix, wifi/otg to phone is a dead horse too *sigh*
too bad support in germany already gone for the day.
will have to contact them tomorrow.
2018-7-19
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Flight distance : 394173 ft

How can I check the current version of my RCs firmware?
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

on the status screen in dji go 4.
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

nixuspix Posted at 2018-7-19 06:05
And follow exactly the steps, mentioned in this video

this is actually how i did my update but it failed and now i cannot connect to the remote via wifi/otg.
i tried holding down power til beep after 9 seconds, but wifi is still gone.and the rc does not connect to the ac anymore. just red flashes and pause loop.

2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-7-19 05:53
Oopsy. I sure as hell won't upgrade my RC if asked. I also use an Xperia.

I used an honor phone to update, so i guess this is not phone related.
2018-7-19
Use props
Antipaxi
First Officer

Romania

So what version  of RC software did you guys have and what version were you asked to update?

2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain

I had the rc 1.00.0400 and wanted to update to rc 1.00.0600.
2018-7-19
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Do we need to update the AC firmware for both batteries or only once.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_qYWZDbZEIAmf
lvl.1
United States

I had two identical SSIDs show up; one worked and one didn’t.
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain
Germany

well, two is better than none :-( wanted to take my spark with me on vacation next week... guess that won't happen.
got reply from german customer service. i have to send the remote to the netherlands. hope all goes well.
2018-7-19
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had similiar problems.  Make sure to turn off everything after update including the phone.  Then turn everything back on starting with drone, Rc, then phone.
2018-7-19
Use props
spookster
Captain
Germany

i did turn everything off, even tried with a different mobile. remote is dead and on its way to dji.
2018-7-20
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 13:40
well, two is better than none :-( wanted to take my spark with me on vacation next week... guess that won't happen.
got reply from german customer service. i have to send the remote to the netherlands. hope all goes well.

Mine travels on monday to Nuth, NL ...  Some how i get the feeling they become very busy..  But since the Norwegian post has left for the weekend, i keep mine at home home til sunday evening, with small hope that DJI might come with some sort of executable patch .. But its quet from Admins...
2018-7-20
Use props
Dajones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16995 ft

room for one more? Spark updated fine, Controller not so fine, Showed progress then started beeping and flashing then the app come back and said update had failed. I think it had got to the end of the firmware uploading stage before it failed. What to do?
2018-7-20
Use props
spookster
Captain
Germany

this had happened with other updates as well. there never was a fix which customers could apply at home. so you have to send it in. and after sending a mail to support they told me to send it in.
2018-7-20
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

Dajones Posted at 2018-7-20 03:01
room for one more? Spark updated fine, Controller not so fine, Showed progress then started beeping and flashing then the app come back and said update had failed. I think it had got to the end of the firmware uploading stage before it failed. What to do?

This is getting epidemic... I hope DJI follows this link.

@DJI @Admin : Please come with a statement! Let us know what the plan is on this! Does DJI work on a solution through Assistance program ? Or do we really have to flood the service departments with our RC's ? Help!
2018-7-20
Use props
Dajones
lvl.1

spookster Posted at 2018-7-20 03:26
this had happened with other updates as well. there never was a fix which customers could apply at home. so you have to send it in. and after sending a mail to support they told me to send it in.

How do input my Remote into the dji repair site?
2018-7-20
Use props
pmshop
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-7-19 08:06
Do we need to update the AC firmware for both batteries or only once.

This is not a battery update this time.
Just AC and Controller
2018-7-20
Use props
Dajones
lvl.1

Opened up chat with support which was painful, they where suggesting because my Pixel XL wasn't "supported" that was the reason why it was not appearing on the WiFi list. For a large Tech company why do they not understand that there are android phones newer than that on the list?
Now ive got to jump through hurdles for a warranty claim because the Spark and controller where purchased overseas in america whilst i live in the UK
2018-7-20
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

Dajones Posted at 2018-7-20 04:09
Opened up chat with support which was painful, they where suggesting because my Pixel XL wasn't "supported" that was the reason why it was not appearing on the WiFi list. For a large Tech company why do they not understand that there are android phones newer than that on the list?
Now ive got to jump through hurdles for a warranty claim because the Spark and controller where purchased overseas in america whilst i live in the UK

I tested with an wifi analyser, so it doesn't matter which phone one uses... as long there is no wifi there is no connection.. hopeless..

I guess when you make an ticket and send it to your given repaircenter, together with a copy of your invoice, that should be enough to get it fixed in warranty...  At least thats what i am gonna do..
2018-7-20
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules