Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Bricked after update
23495 256 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasta ~
Captain
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

AdamM Posted at 2018-7-22 22:50
Yes, I try. Problem is that controller have something like OS and booting about 1 minute. Booting - led flashing, after boot LED shoud be solid red and controller transmit a WiFi signal. My RC still flashing and still is in booting mode.

Hmmmm.. Are there any errors popping up after the update?
2018-7-22
Use props
AdamM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

Yes, Update fail, please restart rc manualy and try again...
2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 292612 ft
Singapore

Could someone (or DJI) please post a video tutorial of how to do a firmware update for the Spark Aircraft as well as the Remote Controller?!!  It seems that there are many cases of the Remote Controller becoming bricked as a result of people trying to do the firmware update.  I have read that the OTG cable should not be plugged in?  What is the proper sequence?  Should we follow the the current video and update the firmware in the Spark Aircraft first (without the Remote Controller), turn off everything and then restart everything and this time connect to the remote controller to update?  Or should we connect the Spark Aircraft and the Remote Controller and the phone all at the same time to update the firmware???  I think many people here would love to hear from those of you who have successfully updated the firmware with your Spark AirCraft, Remote Controller and Android Phone.  Looking forward to hear from you!  Thanks.
2018-7-23
Use props
BaneOfInsanity
New

Turkey

I have the same exact problem from the update. I guess i can only wait until I am able to send it to Dji
2018-7-23
Use props
JimFandango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Just to add my experience, I updated the RC firmware and everything works fine. I have a galaxy S8. The update did fail the first time I tried, but I followed the screen prompts and all went well the second time.

I hope the problem gets resolved for you guys....
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. The devices I’m using are an iPad Air 2 and a Samsung J3
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.3

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 06:18
I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. The devices I’m using are an iPad Air 2 and a Samsung J3

Ended up downgrading the firmware all the way to fix DJI’s mess. Now everything works well again. Only took a day of my vacation to fix it. Wish I could send DJI a bill
2018-7-23
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.4
Sweden

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 18:16
Ended up downgrading the firmware all the way to fix DJI’s mess. Now everything works well again. Only took a day of my vacation to fix it. Wish I could send DJI a bill

Have you downgraded the firmware of AC or RC or both? (how did you downgrade the RC?) Did you delete The DJI GO 4 app too and install a previous version of it? Sorry for the lot the questions, I didn´t updated mine yet, but i would like to prepare myself, if something happen

And have a nice holiday!
2018-7-23
Use props
Noble797
lvl.3

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-7-23 20:52
Have you downgraded the firmware of AC or RC or both? (how did you downgrade the RC?) Did you delete The DJI GO 4 app too and install a previous version of it? Sorry for the lot the questions, I didn´t updated mine yet, but i would like to prepare myself, if something happen

And have a nice holiday!

I downgraded my rc only using DJI assistant 2 on my pc
2018-7-23
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.4
Sweden

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-23 22:34
I downgraded my rc only using DJI assistant 2 on my pc

Oh... I thought you can upgrade or downgrade firmware with mobile trough WIFI. Good to know! Thank you!
2018-7-23
Use props
Dan O
lvl.3
Flight distance : 650768 ft
Romania

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-23 22:34
I downgraded my rc only using DJI assistant 2 on my pc

The RC cannot connect to a PC, how did you downgraded then using PC?
2018-7-24
Use props
Noble797
lvl.3

Dan O Posted at 2018-7-24 00:07
The RC cannot connect to a PC, how did you downgraded then using PC?

The other way I’ve seen only work if you link to the rc with a device with a cable. If you connect to just the rc through the app, you can hold down the 3 line in the upper right for 10 seconds. That will allow you to do it via the app.
2018-7-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear some of you are having problems with the last update.  I'm using IOS 12 (beta) with iPhone 6s and haven't had any issues and all is working well.  

Hope you get your problem resolved.  Cheers,
2018-7-24
Use props
Meeeeeeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73976 ft
Norway

Hei Wim. Is it possible that your RC is using 5Ghz and a channel that aren't supported by Norwegian standards?
At least on Android devices some channels are not allowed. This is just a guess of course.
On iPhones "epletelefoner" these channels are visible, but not on Android devices.

For me the update went ok, but I can't use  OTG cable on my HTC phone even if I enabled the dev. modus.
It just start charge the RC.
Anyhow, I noticed that the RC is using 5 Ghz as soon as there is a little traffic on the 2,4 Ghz band. But when I travel to some less urban areas the RC use 2,4 Ghz, and I can't override this.
2018-7-24
Use props
Lord On The Sky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59941 ft
Mexico

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-24 04:17
The other way I’ve seen only work if you link to the rc with a device with a cable. If you connect to just the rc through the app, you can hold down the 3 line in the upper right for 10 seconds. That will allow you to do it via the app.[view_image]

That worked for me.

Update failed (Samsung S7 edge), SSID wasn't showing so I connected the RC via OTG and downgraded to V 01.00.0300, then I tried the update again and it worked.

The battery level on RC was 100% and this time the update was downloaded via LTE (not wifi).

I was really scared when the SSID didn't show, luckily the RC connected via OTG.
2018-7-24
Use props
fishneck
lvl.3

Lord On The Sky Posted at 2018-7-24 23:02
That worked for me.

Update failed (Samsung S7 edge), SSID wasn't showing so I connected the RC via OTG and downgraded to V 01.00.0300, then I tried the update again and it worked.

Hi Sir, what version of the app are you using? I also have s7 but using the latest version 4.2.21. Its been an hour now trying to connect via OTG but no success. I also tried a few older version that people recommended over the forums to connect via OTG but still no success. Please kindly share your success repair process. Thank you
2018-7-24
Use props
Lord On The Sky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59941 ft
Mexico

fishneck Posted at 2018-7-24 23:14
Hi Sir, what version of the app are you using? I also have s7 but using the latest version 4.2.21. Its been an hour now trying to connect via OTG but no success. I also tried a few older version that people recommended over the forums to connect via OTG but still no success. Please kindly share your success repair process. Thank you

App version is 4.2.21

The process was as mentioned in post #92, just connected the OTG, opened the app and held 10 secs the 3 bars on the top right corner of the app, that brings the menu to downgrade the RC firmware.

In my case, maybe the failed update didn't brick my RC and just lost the SSID, that's why I could perform a 2nd try... who knows?.
2018-7-24
Use props
Noble797
lvl.3

fishneck Posted at 2018-7-24 23:14

For OTG connection, I’ve found IOS devices work better than Android. Currently, I’m using the latest versions for IOS and Android.
2018-7-24
Use props
10_ray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109560 ft
Philippines

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-21 02:15
As long as its not possible to connect to the RC, its useless.. cant update..

Hi, got into the same problem. Is your rc fixed? How has dji handled your situation?
2018-7-25
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Meeeeeeee Posted at 2018-7-24 14:44
Hei Wim. Is it possible that your RC is using 5Ghz and a channel that aren't supported by Norwegian standards?
At least on Android devices some channels are not allowed. This is just a guess of course.
On iPhones "epletelefoner" these channels are visible, but not on Android devices.

Hei,

Yes it is! And actually the RC on Wifi connection works quit well. Don't bother that it changes.

And a tips for the RC -> AC Wifi :

The FCC standard is much stronger. I derfor installed a position spoofer so that Go4 thinks that i am in the US. When started it asks i wanna change the WiFi settings. My Combo is now on FCC standard. From now yo can switch off the spoofer app. And everytime Go4 connects to your RC, you have to Cancel the request for a WiFi region change.

Og vær så god.. Range extended from 400 meters to 2 KM .. (in open areas ofc)
2018-7-25
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

10_ray Posted at 2018-7-25 00:02
Hi, got into the same problem. Is your rc fixed? How has dji handled your situation?

My RC just arrived at AMS .. i guess it will be on its way to DJI in Nuth city today..

Så lets wait and see :-)

i keep you guys posted here.
2018-7-25
Use props
10_ray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109560 ft
Philippines

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-25 02:49
My RC just arrived at AMS .. i guess it will be on its way to DJI in Nuth city today..

Så lets wait and see :-)

Thanks man, I hope you'll be flying back soon.

sidenote: I hope DJI addresses this issue properly as there are alot of users affected. (Don't leave out the budget segment of your users )
2018-7-25
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

10_ray Posted at 2018-7-25 02:59
Thanks man, I hope you'll be flying back soon.

sidenote: I hope DJI addresses this issue properly as there are alot of users affected. (Don't leave out the budget segment of your users )

Like i wrote earlier, this update error is spreading epidemic i guess. Not everyone us using the DJI forum, but adresses DJI directly..So we don't see it.  I think its gonna take a while, since their servicepoint might get flooded with dead Spark RC's . Ofc i hope to be flying soon, but expect the worse.
2018-7-25
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

I have a LGv20 and I did the whole update and near the end of the spark remote like Everyone stated it failed. Now it will not connect to Wi-Fi and I tried to reset. The Spark only flies without the remote.

I'm at my family cottage I have very limited internet. Could someone give me a quick update? I wanted to fly today sadly
2018-7-25
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-25 03:58
I have a LGv20 and I did the whole update and near the end of the spark remote like Everyone stated it failed. Now it will not connect to Wi-Fi and I tried to reset. The Spark only flies without the remote.

I'm at my family cottage I have very limited internet. Could someone give me a quick update? I wanted to fly today sadly

Well the update in general is, that in these cases you have to contact DJI support or directly make a service ticket and follow the instrucions send to you. There is nothing you can do to fix it yourself uptil now. Sadly there is no official statement of DJI at this moment on this issue.
2018-7-26
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

Lord On The Sky Posted at 2018-7-24 23:02
That worked for me.

How did you downgrade to  V 01.00.0300?

That is not even an option for me. I have .1000 , .900, .800 and .701.

I downgraded and reinstalled but me RC will not connect to wifi
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Wim, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, do you have OTG cable? If yes, please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
Also, please kindly leave your case number here, we'll collect and keep follow up as well. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and troubles.
2018-7-27
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-27 03:40
Hi Wim, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, do you have OTG cable? If yes, please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
Also, please kindly leave your case number here, we'll collect and keep follow up as well. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and troubles.

Hi DJI Susan,

No i haven't tried just that, but i tried to connect with OTG cable in general. Since the late response from DJI on this topic (which i fully inderstand) i decided to make a case and send in my RC. The case number is CAS-2020085-W8R1M0.
The RC arrived yesterday at your servicepoint in NUTH, Netherlands with shippingnumber : LY848669136SE But its not registered in your systems. Note that though i live in Norway, i sended it from Sweden, cos im close to the border and the price for shipping is a 3th than from Norway (And no custom issues at the Dutch border since Sweden is EU and Norway is not) Hope you can fix it and that i might receive it back (in Norway, thats where i am registerd at DJI) with the latest OTG firmware installed :-) Thank you!
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

spookster Posted at 2018-7-19 05:35
okay i'm in.
did the firmware update myself just now.
rc was not visible to dji assistant 2 before the update while still on .0400 firmware.

Hi spookster, we're sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qYWZDbZEIAmf Posted at 2018-7-19 12:32
I had two identical SSIDs show up; one worked and one didn’t.

Just to verify, is the RC firmware update successful? Have you tried to reset the WiFi? If yes and the issue remains, please kindly offer a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dajones Posted at 2018-7-20 04:09
Opened up chat with support which was painful, they where suggesting because my Pixel XL wasn't "supported" that was the reason why it was not appearing on the WiFi list. For a large Tech company why do they not understand that there are android phones newer than that on the list?
Now ive got to jump through hurdles for a warranty claim because the Spark and controller where purchased overseas in america whilst i live in the UK

Hi Dajones, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans69331799 Posted at 2018-7-20 11:29
I have the same Problem here. RC is not working anymore since Firmware Update. Is there no way to repair this at home? Maybe with cable connection to Phone or PC?

Sorry for the late response. Please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_LwEPKnH5VoJw Posted at 2018-7-21 06:47
I did it with my RC, it shows pic related. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Just to verify, do you connect the RC and mobile device via OTG cable? If yes and the issue remains, I'm sorry that you may need to send the RC in: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AdamM Posted at 2018-7-22 13:20
Second problem that my Spark is one week after guaranty!!! Now i must send controller on my cost!!!!! WTF DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my case number DJI: CAS-2030714-J0S9R5

AdamM, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Upon checking the case number, it seems that the package has not been received and updated in our system. Could you tell us the tracking number and verify? We'll keep follow up and update for you.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jamick Posted at 2018-7-21 10:04
Got the RC updated just fine, but the Spark keeps failing to update (error 0x000000). Will try DJI assistant later.

Hi jamick, may I know what's the current status? Is the firmware update successful after connecting with DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eternalricky Posted at 2018-7-22 08:28
Is it RMA the only way to resolve this WiFi issue?

Eternalricky, I'm sorry for the troubles, please refer the 107# and try to refresh the RC when connected with OTG to see whether it helps.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz Posted at 2018-7-23 02:00
Could someone (or DJI) please post a video tutorial of how to do a firmware update for the Spark Aircraft as well as the Remote Controller?!!  It seems that there are many cases of the Remote Controller becoming bricked as a result of people trying to do the firmware update.  I have read that the OTG cable should not be plugged in?  What is the proper sequence?  Should we follow the the current video and update the firmware in the Spark Aircraft first (without the Remote Controller), turn off everything and then restart everything and this time connect to the remote controller to update?  Or should we connect the Spark Aircraft and the Remote Controller and the phone all at the same time to update the firmware???  I think many people here would love to hear from those of you who have successfully updated the firmware with your Spark AirCraft, Remote Controller and Android Phone.  Looking forward to hear from you!  Thanks.

Sorry for the troubles. For the RC update, please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it works.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BaneOfInsanity Posted at 2018-7-23 02:28
I have the same exact problem from the update. I guess i can only wait until I am able to send it to Dji

We're sorry for the late response. Please refer the 107# and try to update via OTG cable to see whether it works.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 06:18

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear you have addressed it out.  For the customer experience, we'll keep learning and improve our service. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and troubles.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

10_ray Posted at 2018-7-25 00:02

Hi 10_ray, please refer 107# and try to refresh when connected with OTG cable. We're sorry for the troubles caused here.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules