RC Bricked after update
23658 256 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dcoop528
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184432 ft

have the same problem......Afetr the last update i cannot for the life of me get my controllers wifi to work. I have spoke with customer service two difffrent times and they just send my useless youtube videos showing assistent 2 refreshing the update which i have done 5 times .Hoping they get a fix so that i can fly my drone. Really sucks that i updated and this problem started while i was in the smokey mountains waited 2 months to use spark on vaca and first day this happens.GRRRRRR Just want a fix so that i can connect my controller and fly my spark
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-31 11:28
Thanks I will send it in.

Case Number: CAS-2066202-F3T4T7

Received with thanks! Upon checking the case, it seems that the shipping label has been sent to you, have you received it? If yes, please kindly send the package at your earliest convenience, we'll keep follow up as well.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dcoop528 Posted at 2018-7-31 12:20
have the same problem......Afetr the last update i cannot for the life of me get my controllers wifi to work. I have spoke with customer service two difffrent times and they just send my useless youtube videos showing assistent 2 refreshing the update which i have done 5 times .Hoping they get a fix so that i can fly my drone. Really sucks that i updated and this problem started while i was in the smokey mountains waited 2 months to use spark on vaca and first day this happens.GRRRRRR Just want a fix so that i can connect my controller and fly my spark

Hi Dcoop528, we're sorry about the unpleasant experience. Just to verify, have you tried to connect the mobile device and RC via OTG cable? If not, please have a try and hold the three bars on the right upper corner to refresh/download the firmware to see whether it works.
2018-8-1
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7073 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 03:28
Xeexo43, I understand your disappointment and very sorry about. If you have the similar issue, please kindly send the RC in for diagnosis, we'll follow up until this figures out.

We do not have a local service center here in the UAE and it would definitely cost me for shipping outside the UAE.
Nevertheless, please provide me with your shipping address.
2018-8-1
Use props
Zoren
New
Flight distance : 951 ft
Sweden

Got the same problem. Saw a youtube, that a man assemblyed the rc and inside there is a reset button also.. might try this because all other things fails
2018-8-1
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

@ DJI Susan

My broken RC goes to local distributor. I waiting for replacement or repair. What about RC update after service?? DJI found a problem or not?? I'm afraid to do the update again!!!!!!!
2018-8-1
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Zoren Posted at 2018-8-1 02:50
Got the same problem. Saw a youtube, that a man assemblyed the rc and inside there is a reset button also.. might try this because all other things fails

Do not try that, it would void your warranty and it is of no use.. my friend tried it and it didnt work for him.
2018-8-1
Use props
Borko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 03:31
Hi Borko, we're sorry for the troubles. Currently, we do not support to repair at your end. For your situation, you may send it to the local service center for repair. It might be a paid service, but ensure the RC will work well after repair.

My location is Germany and the next service center is in NL as I know. Makes no sense in my opinion to send it around the world with extra costs and the risk on my own of getting lost and on to a totaly disproportionate waste of time for transprtation. To refrain entirely from the ecologic impact of such warrany handling
Or do you have a diffrent opinion on it??
2018-8-1
Use props
Zipped
New
Flight distance : 133760 ft
Philippines

I have the same issue here. After updating my Remote Controller there's a text that I have to restart my remote controller, after that I can't anymore  connect my RC to my phone since RC's wifi is not anymore working. I am using Samsung S8+.
2018-8-2
Use props
EngineerD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18189 ft

Same has just happened to me, really frustrating.
2018-8-2
Use props
EngineerD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18189 ft

EngineerD Posted at 2018-8-2 14:00
Same has just happened to me, really frustrating.

Just been chatting with support, nothing they suggested could fix it.
Luckily I can return mine to Amazon for a replacement as it is only a month old, I am very worried about future firmware updates though. This is too expensive to be this easy to brick.
2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292612 ft
Singapore

Hi everyone... for those who are apprehensive about doing the firmware update after reading all these horror stories (i was a victim of a previous firmware update which bricked my remote controller too), I followed this EXACTLY and the update worked for me:   
https://youtu.be/urN3DHBo8dg
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Xeexo43 Posted at 2018-8-1 02:07
We do not have a local service center here in the UAE and it would definitely cost me for shipping outside the UAE.
Nevertheless, please provide me with your shipping address.

Hi Xeexo43, please kindly write an email to support@dji.com, the designated team will start a case for you and guide you the further steps. Appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AdamM Posted at 2018-8-1 03:02
@ DJI Susan

My broken RC goes to local distributor. I waiting for replacement or repair. What about RC update after service?? DJI found a problem or not?? I'm afraid to do the update again!!!!!!!

Our engineers are still locating the exact reason. If everything works well now, please ignore the update, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Borko Posted at 2018-8-1 04:39
My location is Germany and the next service center is in NL as I know. Makes no sense in my opinion to send it around the world with extra costs and the risk on my own of getting lost and on to a totaly disproportionate waste of time for transprtation. To refrain entirely from the ecologic impact of such warrany handling
Or do you have a diffrent opinion on it??

I understand your situation and very sorry about it. Due to the warranty is not global, we sincerely suggest to purchase from local authorized dealers to avoid similar troubles. Currently, you may arrange according to your schedules. If it is urgent, you may send it to the nearest service center for repair. If not, please check whether your seller can help you swift the repair.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Zipped Posted at 2018-8-2 04:28
I have the same issue here. After updating my Remote Controller there's a text that I have to restart my remote controller, after that I can't anymore  connect my RC to my phone since RC's wifi is not anymore working. I am using Samsung S8+.

Hi Zipped, is there any chance to connect the RC and mobile device via OTG cable? Please try to refresh the RC by holding the three bars on the right upper corner to see whether it works. If still not, please kindly write an email to support@dji.com to start a case, sorry about the inconvenience.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EngineerD Posted at 2018-8-2 15:16
Luckily I can return mine to Amazon for a replacement as it is only a month old, I am very worried about future firmware updates though. This is too expensive to be this easy to brick.

Hello EngineerD, I understand your concern and very sorry about it. Our engineers are working on this, we'll keep following up as well.
2018-8-3
Use props
Borko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-3 03:19
I understand your situation and very sorry about it. Due to the warranty is not global, we sincerely suggest to purchase from local authorized dealers to avoid similar troubles. Currently, you may arrange according to your schedules. If it is urgent, you may send it to the nearest service center for repair. If not, please check whether your seller can help you swift the repair.

As you can imagin it is urgent since I was now waiting for some solution for days. How can I manage to send it to a nearby service point? When I tried it days ago to get a ticket it was rejected by YOUR service  staff. Can you provide me a label for sending and a ticket?
It is a real shame how you treat customers with ruined RCs caused by DJI!!!
Realy disapointing and not a bit customer orientated.
2018-8-3
Use props
fans69331799
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24262 ft
Germany

EngineerD Posted at 2018-8-2 15:16
Luckily I can return mine to Amazon for a replacement as it is only a month old, I am very worried about future firmware updates though. This is too expensive to be this easy to brick.

I was able to send my RC back to Amazon too. But I can't understand that DJI has nothing to say to their customers. It´too expensive to make it this easy.

Is this really customer-friendly? Is this all? The Support Chat is not a help. The Amazon-Stuff does know more about this problem than the DJI Stuff Team...
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Borko Posted at 2018-8-3 03:41
As you can imagin it is urgent since I was now waiting for some solution for days. How can I manage to send it to a nearby service point? When I tried it days ago to get a ticket it was rejected by YOUR service  staff. Can you provide me a label for sending and a ticket?
It is a real shame how you treat customers with ruined RCs caused by DJI!!!
Realy disapointing and not a bit customer orientated.

Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will guide you the further steps.
2018-8-3
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Not all bad. I updated my rc with my  huawei p10 lite, no issue, had the spark turned of, so only home and rc wifi was enabled
2018-8-4
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

New Zealand

this is very sad. its been the 3rd week now since i had this problem and i have been following all the threads with the same issues. none of them worked.

i had a with DJI support and find out my controller is out of warranty. they suggested for me to buy a new one. for something that is not my fault. is this how it goes here? once its out of warranty?
2018-8-4
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-28 00:12
Dug0, we're sorry about this. Please kindly leave your case number here once you got it, we'll keep follow up. Hope we can figure this out soon.

Hi Susan
I have recieved confirmation that the Texas repair center has received my remote with confirmation number CAS-2051624-B9H5Y3 . When they resolve my problem I will post the results.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-4 14:22
this is very sad. its been the 3rd week now since i had this problem and i have been following all the threads with the same issues. none of them worked.

i had a with DJI support and find out my controller is out of warranty. they suggested for me to buy a new one. for something that is not my fault. is this how it goes here? once its out of warranty?

Sorry about this, May I know how do you contact our support? Is there any ticket number or similar for reference? We'd like to check.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dug0 Posted at 2018-8-7 21:00
Hi Susan
I have recieved confirmation that the Texas repair center has received my remote with confirmation number CAS-2051624-B9H5Y3 . When they resolve my problem I will post the results.

Yes, the package has arrived and updated in our system, the local team will check and do damage assessment. The tracking number will be sent to you as long as the package shipped. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-8-9
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-1 01:23
Received with thanks! Upon checking the case, it seems that the shipping label has been sent to you, have you received it? If yes, please kindly send the package at your earliest convenience, we'll keep follow up as well.

Case No:        CAS-2066202-F3T4T7

Susan, My Remote is out of warranty and they want $116 to fix it! That is as much as a new one.

Why is it my remote worked perfectly fine and this firmware update fried my main board and sabotaged my equipment? 3 weeks after my warranty was up.

This is a huge disservice to me and I feel insulted that DJI damaged my hardware. I did not want the firmware update nor did I ask for it, and a $116 bill. Can you send my remote back?
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_e9UzfTslm5ln
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello guys.

Same problem here. I'm from Brazil and they want me too send the controller back to China. It will probably cost me more than a new controller.
DJI's firmware update just BROKE a perfectly working new RC and the Costumer Service politely told me it's my problem.

The RC just keeps blinking that annoying red light. No wifi, no usb connection, no DJI Assistant, no reseting. Nothing.
The worst part is the lack of information. DJI doesn't even explain what is going on with this controllers.

Sorry about my bad english.
2018-8-9
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

Dug0 Posted at 2018-8-7 21:00
Hi Susan

My spark remote is working again. I had the same problem as everyone else. Lost the wifi after the firmware update. I tried everything suggested on this forum and nothing worked. Here is how I got it working again. I called tech support.and when I gave them my info they determined my remote control was still under warranty and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I boxed it up and sent it to the repair facility in Texas USA. They tested it and found the main board was now junk and needed replaced. The quote stated it would cost $51 for the board and $65 labor for a total of $116 for.the repair. However because it was under warranty the repair for me was free. They are sending back in the next 2days. When I receive it and have any problems I will post again. Hopefully DJI will realize that their firmware update is what turns the main board into junk and fix all broken remotes for free. I was lucky. Thank you Susan for all your help. It is nice to know their are still good people out there.
2018-8-9
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-9 03:05
Sorry about this, May I know how do you contact our support? Is there any ticket number or similar for reference? We'd like to check.

Hi Susan,
This was provided by an email from support@dji.com
Case Number: CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3 - Product: Spark Remote controller

And they told to contact info@djistore.co.nz (my country's dealer/repair center) so they can send it to china
and info@djistore.co.nz email the below on qoute.
"There is a minimum service fee for $80 if repair does not go ahead. DJI will quote upon inspection"

Help me Susan. I am able to visit the DJI store tomorrow and talk to them but i dont want to fork out money.
2018-8-9
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Dug0 Posted at 2018-8-9 21:21
My spark remote is working again. I had the same problem as everyone else. Lost the wifi after the firmware update. I tried everything suggested on this forum and nothing worked. Here is how I got it working again. I called tech support.and when I gave them my info they determined my remote control was still under warranty and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I boxed it up and sent it to the repair facility in Texas USA. They tested it and found the main board was now junk and needed replaced. The quote stated it would cost $51 for the board and $65 labor for a total of $116 for.the repair. However because it was under warranty the repair for me was free. They are sending back in the next 2days. When I receive it and have any problems I will post again. Hopefully DJI will realize that their firmware update is what turns the main board into junk and fix all broken remotes for free. I was lucky. Thank you Susan for all your help. It is nice to know their are still good people out there.

Did not you think you did not have to update it? Why did you update? Did not work well? Why do you fix what is not wrong? I still use the three older firmware I did not fly and did not brick the rc, and it works with all the functions and the OTG. Unfortunately, it's wrong to think that what's new is just better ... It's feeding the consumers ...
2018-8-10
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have recently updated my 5 Sparks to the latest FW revisions without issue But have noticed that during the update process it did advise on all of them during the remote update that they were on incorrect WiFi channels for my Country, AU. As I was using an OTG cable this did not effect the remote FW update so it completed fine and all was OK.

I suspect if you were Wifi Connected to the remote and it reset the wifi channels during the update the update would fail. You cannot reset the controller like you can the drone as it does a direct FW update not a staged one like the drones. Any failure in an update will brick the remote.

This would only happen if the FW update recognised that you needed a channel update as part of the update due to your country. So only some countries would be effected.

Just my thoughts.

As DJI now support OTG for the Spark for all platform I would never ever use wifi to the remote again.

OTG used to have various idiosyncrasies like depends on what was powered up first and when you need to connect the smart device.

I have now tested this and found that it no longer matters how and when you connect and power up the three components it just works every time.

2018-8-10
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

This is really frustrating, i am still struggling to understand how a firmware upgrade kills the motherboard of an RC controller and the only way to fix it is to send it in ? This is ridiculous how many RC would you be receiving to fix? You have the worst support team i have ever come across. You don't even know your products. You keep coming up with either worthless YouTube videos or "please send it in request" do you have any idea how much it cost to ship a drone to HK from the UAE ? 200 USD who will bear this cost ? I am extremely frustrated and annoyed by your worthless response and i would never buy DJI products not because of your products but because of your crapy support.
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_hxwIeGObl05i
lvl.2

Philippines

Hi I have a friend who has this issue that after the update even though it 100% successfully on the RC, it still can't connect or detect the wifi,  So he decided to buy new RC.

This is different to my issue that no signal problem. It still can connect  to RC, AC and CP. but the error is NO SIGNAL. THe homepoint is updating, the fly is okay when fly manually using RC. But the live feed from the camera of the spark is not showing up on the CP screen. The status is Abnormal status which have the Camera Sensor Error and Aircraft Encoder Error. which i havent seen any solution on the forum.

this is the thread that i made.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-161397-1-1.html

2018-8-12
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

Hi I have a friend who has this issue that after the update even though it 100% successfully on the RC, it still can't connect or detect the wifi,  So he decided to buy new RC.

This is different to my issue that no signal problem. It still can connect  to RC, AC and CP. but the error is NO SIGNAL. THe homepoint is updating, the fly is okay when fly manually using RC. But the live feed from the camera of the spark is not showing up on the CP screen. The status is Abnormal status which have the Camera Sensor Error and Aircraft Encoder Error. which i havent seen any solution on the forum.

this is the thread that i made.

2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-8-9 13:12
Case No:        CAS-2066202-F3T4T7

Susan, My Remote is out of warranty and they want $116 to fix it! That is as much as a new one.

Hi Nate, sorry for the late response. I'll double check with the team and see if there are better suggestions, we'll keep you updated.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_e9UzfTslm5ln Posted at 2018-8-9 14:04
Hello guys.

Same problem here. I'm from Brazil and they want me too send the controller back to China. It will probably cost me more than a new controller.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please kindly contact your seller or dealer and see whether they can help to send the unit for repair.

2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dug0 Posted at 2018-8-9 21:21
My spark remote is working again. I had the same problem as everyone else. Lost the wifi after the firmware update. I tried everything suggested on this forum and nothing worked. Here is how I got it working again. I called tech support.and when I gave them my info they determined my remote control was still under warranty and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I boxed it up and sent it to the repair facility in Texas USA. They tested it and found the main board was now junk and needed replaced. The quote stated it would cost $51 for the board and $65 labor for a total of $116 for.the repair. However because it was under warranty the repair for me was free. They are sending back in the next 2days. When I receive it and have any problems I will post again. Hopefully DJI will realize that their firmware update is what turns the main board into junk and fix all broken remotes for free. I was lucky. Thank you Susan for all your help. It is nice to know their are still good people out there.

You are welcome. It seems that the package is already on the way, there might be some delay due to the weekend, please keep an eye on the status later. Hope everything works well.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-9 22:18
Hi Susan,
This was provided by an email from support@dji.com
Case Number: CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3 - Product: Spark Remote controller

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. After the package arrived our service center, the team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution. We'll keep an eye on the status unit this figures out.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Xeexo43 Posted at 2018-8-12 11:25
This is really frustrating, i am still struggling to understand how a firmware upgrade kills the motherboard of an RC controller and the only way to fix it is to send it in ? This is ridiculous how many RC would you be receiving to fix? You have the worst support team i have ever come across. You don't even know your products. You keep coming up with either worthless YouTube videos or "please send it in request" do you have any idea how much it cost to ship a drone to HK from the UAE ? 200 USD who will bear this cost ? I am extremely frustrated and annoyed by your worthless response and i would never buy DJI products not because of your products but because of your crapy support.

Xeexo43, I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. Have you contacted our support to start a case? If yes, please kindly provide us with your case number, we'll double check with the team to see whether there are better suggestions.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SparkYeL Posted at 2018-8-12 17:53
Hi I have a friend who has this issue that after the update even though it 100% successfully on the RC, it still can't connect or detect the wifi,  So he decided to buy new RC.

This is different to my issue that no signal problem. It still can connect  to RC, AC and CP. but the error is NO SIGNAL. THe homepoint is updating, the fly is okay when fly manually using RC. But the live feed from the camera of the spark is not showing up on the CP screen. The status is Abnormal status which have the Camera Sensor Error and Aircraft Encoder Error. which i havent seen any solution on the forum.

I've read your own post and responded as well, please keep us posted there for better assistance, thanks so much!

2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules