Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Bricked after update
332319 332319 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

SparkYeL Posted at 2018-8-12 17:53
Hi I have a friend who has this issue that after the update even though it 100% successfully on the RC, it still can't connect or detect the wifi,  So he decided to buy new RC.

This is different to my issue that no signal problem. It still can connect  to RC, AC and CP. but the error is NO SIGNAL. THe homepoint is updating, the fly is okay when fly manually using RC. But the live feed from the camera of the spark is not showing up on the CP screen. The status is Abnormal status which have the Camera Sensor Error and Aircraft Encoder Error. which i havent seen any solution on the forum.

I've read your own post and responded as well, please keep us posted there for better assistance, thanks so much!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-161397-1-1.html
2018-8-13
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 04:59
Hi Nate, sorry for the late response. I'll double check with the team and see if there are better suggestions, we'll keep you updated.

Thanks Susan
2018-8-13
Use props
fishneck
lvl.3

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 05:13
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. After the package arrived our service center, the team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution. We'll keep an eye on the status unit this figures out.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the reponse. I really appreciate it.
Now this is where I am stuck because an official update from DJI will cost me $80nzd. is there a possibility  that this could be free damage assessment here in new zealand to avoid this fee? Wouldn't DJI store in new zealand be able to determine the problem and co-ordinate china's support team? or to wave off the fee somehow? sorry i know im asking alot but its been a month now and alot of people starting to pop up having the same issue regarding this update.
2018-8-13
Use props
Helios1601
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-3 03:12
Our engineers are still locating the exact reason. If everything works well now, please ignore the update, sorry for the inconvenience.

If your engineers are already working on the issue, then why have they still released the update that manages to mess up peoples controllers????

I´m a newbie to the Spark drone, so I followed the instructions on the Dji go 4 app minutiously when it asked to do the update, and all I got in return was that the update ruined my controller, and it´s an of the shelf product, only 3 days old, so how/why the f**k is it possible that if looking on Google, there are people having this bug/issue already many months ago????  DJI should have cancelled the release of the firmware update for the RC!!!
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-13 18:21
Hi Susan,

Thank you for the reponse. I really appreciate it.

May I know where is the RC now? Generally, if the dealer cannot handle it, they will report in the dealer system, there will be a case number for follow-up. May I have the case number for better assistance?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Helios1601 Posted at 2018-8-14 02:50
If your engineers are already working on the issue, then why have they still released the update that manages to mess up peoples controllers????

I´m a newbie to the Spark drone, so I followed the instructions on the Dji go 4 app minutiously when it asked to do the update, and all I got in return was that the update ruined my controller, and it´s an of the shelf product, only 3 days old, so how/why the f**k is it possible that if looking on Google, there are people having this bug/issue already many months ago????  DJI should have cancelled the release of the firmware update for the RC!!!

We sincerely apologize for the troubles. If the issue remains after connecting RC and mobile device via OTG, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support We'll offer you a proper solution after the designated team receive the package and do the damage assessment. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-14
Use props
AdamM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

Has anyone already received a repaired controller ?? What version of firmware you have on your controller after service?? Did you made a RC  update again?? My controller have a curier. Probably I will recieve a package soon.
2018-8-14
Use props
AdamM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

Second question. Why DJI remove this topic from SPARK forum to garbage - Service topic!!!!??? No statment, no update for fix!!! Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are poor China company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-8-14
Use props
fishneck
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-14 04:19
May I know where is the RC now? Generally, if the dealer cannot handle it, they will report in the dealer system, there will be a case number for follow-up. May I have the case number for better assistance?

Hi Susan,

This is the case number i have provided before to you and the only case number that given to me by dji support Case Number: CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3. Do i need another case number? Is this not valid?

I still have the controller with me. As i have not given this to ferntech new zealand as they cannot guarantee a fix even paying (if  it is possible to repair, then i will still have to pay for repair parts & labour which "i assume" would nearly cost as new controller ) I can visit the dealer this saturday but what do i do and say or provide them?

Could you please let me know, what should I do?  2 weeks ago The dealer told me that they wont even check or touch it without payment($80) (I provided the same case number).
Thank you
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AdamM Posted at 2018-8-14 11:03
Second question. Why DJI remove this topic from SPARK forum to garbage - Service topic!!!!??? No statment, no update for fix!!! Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are poor China company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi AdamM, may I have your case number for better assistance? This post was moved to the service section for better follow-up. Hope for your understanding.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-14 23:53
Hi Susan,

This is the case number i have provided before to you and the only case number that given to me by dji support Case Number: CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3. Do i need another case number? Is this not valid?

Hi fishneck, the CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3 is still valid. You can check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace For your situation, we sincerely suggest to send it to Hong Kong for repair, the designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-8-15
Use props
fishneck
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 00:24
Hi fishneck, the CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3 is still valid. You can check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace For your situation, we sincerely suggest to send it to Hong Kong for repair, the designated team will take care once the package arrived.

Hi Susan, I will hand this over this Saturday  to get sent to hong kong. But what warranty claim? I am told that this is out of warranty. Is this why I am they are charging $80  just to send this to hong kong?
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-15 00:51
Hi Susan, I will hand this over this Saturday  to get sent to hong kong. But what warranty claim? I am told that this is out of warranty. Is this why I am they are charging $80  just to send this to hong kong?

Sorry for the confusion. Upon checking the SN, the unit just has been out of the warranty period. As you mentioned, the issue appears after the firmware update, the designated team will take this into consideration and offer you a proper solution. Hope this helps.
2018-8-15
Use props
fishneck
lvl.3

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 04:27
Sorry for the confusion. Upon checking the SN, the unit just has been out of the warranty period. As you mentioned, the issue appears after the firmware update, the designated team will take this into consideration and offer you a proper solution. Hope this helps.

Thank you Susan you are the best! Just to cofirm, i am undertanding this all correctly. The case number i provided above would have the information for ferntech NZ (dji new zealand) to identify my case and wave off the fee now?. So i can just fill up the repair application form and give the controller to them? Do i need to copy all email conversation and forum replies from you and show them as an evidence to them?
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-8-15 06:03
Thank you Susan you are the best! Just to cofirm, i am undertanding this all correctly. The case number i provided above would have the information for ferntech NZ (dji new zealand) to identify my case and wave off the fee now?. So i can just fill up the repair application form and give the controller to them? Do i need to copy all email conversation and forum replies from you and show them as an evidence to them?

For your case CAS-2093646-J9J9Y3, this is registered under your name and I do not find any info about the dealer. Some dealers may be not able to repair the RC, so I suggest you send the RC to Hong Kong for service. BTW, we cannot ensure whether it is free repair for now, this can be confirmed after the service center received the package and did damage assessment, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-15
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

AdamM Posted at 2018-8-14 10:58
Has anyone already received a repaired controller ?? What version of firmware you have on your controller after service?? Did you made a RC  update again?? My controller have a curier. Probably I will recieve a package soon.

I get mine today. It came in the mail while i was on holiday .. exciting!
2018-8-16
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

wimherman Posted at 2018-8-16 00:37
I get mine today. It came in the mail while i was on holiday .. exciting!

Got a new RC. It was not updated to the latest FW though. But opdate went smoothly. I had in advance of the process updated Go4 . Did som dry checks, and everything looks good now. If weather allows, it will be a test flight tomorrow :-) Thank you DJI for good service.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 2018-8-16 11:09
Got a new RC. It was not updated to the latest FW though. But opdate went smoothly. I had in advance of the process updated Go4 . Did som dry checks, and everything looks good now. If weather allows, it will be a test flight tomorrow :-) Thank you DJI for good service.

Nice to hear this. Hope everything works well. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-8-16
Use props
k.d.stam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31234 ft
Greece

Hallo Susan

as long as I updated my RC it refuses to connect with the AC. The wifi of both RC and AC work fine but do not seem to like each other much. Following the linking process as described in the video all I got is an alternate green/red flashing LED on my RC and a notification on the app that linking is complete. Unfortunately the AC will not obey any joystic commands from the RC. Without the RC I can fly my AC using my device. The OTG connection is not working. I managed to downgrade the software both on RC and AC but problem not fixed. Should I try to update the SW again? (really afraid to do so) Is there  a recomended version of SW for RC and AC that fixes connection problems?

Best regards
2018-8-18
Use props
k.d.stam
lvl.1
Greece

PS just a small edit on my previous post.

I upgraded the SW on the AC and RC using the older version of DJI GO4 app. When my linking problems appeared I downloaded the newest version of the app and performed the downgrades.

Hope all these info are helpfeull
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

k.d.stam Posted at 2018-8-18 05:45
PS just a small edit on my previous post.

I upgraded the SW on the AC and RC using the older version of DJI GO4 app. When my linking problems appeared I downloaded the newest version of the app and performed the downgrades.

Hi k.d.stam, just to verify, is the RC upgrade/downgrade successful? Could you read the current aircraft and RC version?
2018-8-19
Use props
k.d.stam
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-19 00:24
Hi k.d.stam, just to verify, is the RC upgrade/downgrade successful? Could you read the current aircraft and RC version?

Well the RC upgrade to version 01.00.0600 was performed with no problems. The AC upgrade to version 01.00.1000 failed the first time (as i recall) and was succesfully installed in the second attempt. The downgrade was succesfull on the first time, both on the AC and RC. The current versions are RC:01.00.0300 and AC:01.00.0900

thank you  
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

k.d.stam Posted at 2018-8-19 01:41
Well the RC upgrade to version 01.00.0600 was performed with no problems. The AC upgrade to version 01.00.1000 failed the first time (as i recall) and was succesfully installed in the second attempt. The downgrade was succesfull on the first time, both on the AC and RC. The current versions are RC:01.00.0300 and AC:01.00.0900

thank you

It seems that the aircraft and RC versions are not matched, I'm afraid that they cannot be linked with each other. Please refer to the release note and update to check.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2018-8-20
Use props
fans7cd660e0
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-20 02:05
It seems that the aircraft and RC versions are not matched, I'm afraid that they cannot be linked with each other. Please refer to the release note and update to check.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20180719/Spark_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

Same problem here, and i downgraded to old compatible versions.. (Dec2007).. I slam still unable to connect my Spark to the RC...
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans7cd660e0 Posted at 2018-8-22 22:55
Same problem here, and i downgraded to old compatible versions.. (Dec2007).. I slam still unable to connect my Spark to the RC...

Hi there, sorry to read in this, may I have the current firmware version of your RC and aircraft? Thank you.
2018-8-23
Use props
k.d.stam
lvl.1
Greece

Hi to all,

i dont know if this is the correct thread to continue my earlier posts, since my problem seems to be different from the original poster but since DJI solved my linking problem (among the RC and the AC) I might as well share it here.
The LED on the RC when activated flashed red for about 5 sec and then it flashed accompanied with an irritating beeping. That was because it needed calibration. I connected through the DJI app and performed the calibration procedure. TO BE NOTED the calibration procedure was unavailable on my android device-phone (updated DJI go 4 app) and did it with my tablet (older version of DJI go 4 app). This could be solved if I uninstall the app on my phone and install it again. When the calibration was complete I was still unable to connect to the AC (the irritating beeping stoped though). I had to reset the RC (Long press the power button on the RC untill the 3-2 beeps sound).
That was it...
The tech from DJI spent 30 min on the phone to guide me. Although my problem does not relate to the other issues mentioned earlier I have to thank DJI support for their time.
2018-8-23
Use props
Gadget0000man
lvl.1
United States

RC now has no wifi (bricked). Chat tried to tell me my Samsung G7 was not on the list. Your software messed up the RC, where is the fix? Need fix in plain simple English. Not real good at computer talk.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

k.d.stam Posted at 2018-8-23 06:36
Hi to all,

i dont know if this is the correct thread to continue my earlier posts, since my problem seems to be different from the original poster but since DJI solved my linking problem (among the RC and the AC) I might as well share it here.

Hi k.d.stam, it is our pleasure to support you, just to verify, were all the issues addressed?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gadget0000man Posted at 2018-8-23 11:17
RC now has no wifi (bricked). Chat tried to tell me my Samsung G7 was not on the list. Your software messed up the RC, where is the fix? Need fix in plain simple English. Not real good at computer talk.

Hi Gadget0000man, sorry to hear that, did you try to reset RC's wifi? Press and hold the power button of the remote controller for 9 seconds until hearing a toning sound like "DDD" and the Wi-Fi will be reset.
If yes, any chance testing other mobile devices to see if the wifi of RC can be searched? Appreciate your time for the troubleshooting.
2018-8-24
Use props
Tarsuslu3315
lvl.1
Flight distance : 994 ft

Turkey

When i got the message in Go4 app, to upgrade the RC, i followed the steps. All seemed to go fine, but in the end there came an error message that updating has failed.But the remote now doesnt show up in the list of available Wifi sources

I tried to hold the power button for 9 seconds.

I tried the OTG cable.

So it looks like my RC is bricked..

Anybody got an bright idea ? DJI ?

Why did the Dj Spark command sabotage a lot of people are victims, who can not be the guarantee of everyone who damages the resulting ???
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tarsuslu3315 Posted at 2018-8-24 05:46
When i got the message in Go4 app, to upgrade the RC, i followed the steps. All seemed to go fine, but in the end there came an error message that updating has failed.But the remote now doesnt show up in the list of available Wifi sources

I tried to hold the power button for 9 seconds.

Hi Tarsuslu3315, sorry for the troubles caused by the firmware upgrade, may I know how the RC indicator blink when you power on the RC over 1 minute?
2018-8-25
Use props
k.d.stam
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 00:44
Hi k.d.stam, it is our pleasure to support you, just to verify, were all the issues addressed?

Yes, up to now, i seem not to be facing any problems.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

k.d.stam Posted at 2018-8-25 05:44
Yes, up to now, i seem not to be facing any problems.

That's great! Glad to hear it works well now. Wish you have a good time.
2018-8-26
Use props
Tarsuslu3315
lvl.1
Flight distance : 994 ft

Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-25 02:55
Hi Tarsuslu3315, sorry for the troubles caused by the firmware upgrade, may I know how the RC indicator blink when you power on the RC over 1 minute?

the red led on the control is constantly blinking, the control signal is not found on the phone, the red led is blinking steadily, it does not turn solid red, please help ??
2018-8-26
Use props
antoniopdm
lvl.1
Brazil

Tarsuslu3315 Posted at 2018-8-26 02:22
the red led on the control is constantly blinking, the control signal is not found on the phone, the red led is blinking steadily, it does not turn solid red, please help ??

Welcome to the "Your RC is Dead" club. Thanks to DJI and its awesome updates.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tarsuslu3315 Posted at 2018-8-26 02:22
the red led on the control is constantly blinking, the control signal is not found on the phone, the red led is blinking steadily, it does not turn solid red, please help ??

Hi Tarsuslu, sorry for the late response, in this case, it is recommended to send in the RC for further evaluation, please contact our support to start a ticket here: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-8-28
Use props
Gadget0000man
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 00:50
Hi Gadget0000man, sorry to hear that, did you try to reset RC's wifi? Press and hold the power button of the remote controller for 9 seconds until hearing a toning sound like "DDD" and the Wi-Fi will be reset.
If yes, any chance testing other mobile devices to see if the wifi of RC can be searched? Appreciate your time for the troubleshooting.

Yes, I tried to reset the RC wi-fi no luck. Tried to install Go 4 on 2 different tablets and was unable to find wi-fi signal on either one. Would like to know the Service Center address in Cerritos, Ca to get my RC repaired. It is only 30 minutes from my home so if I drop it off and pick it up it will save mailing cost for both of us. I see that this problem has happened to brand new RC's and older ones. Dji apparently has caused the problem with the update on a great many RC's and they should foot the bill for repairs, not those of us that bought your drones in good faith and paid good money for faulty service.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gadget0000man Posted at 2018-9-2 10:52
Yes, I tried to reset the RC wi-fi no luck. Tried to install Go 4 on 2 different tablets and was unable to find wi-fi signal on either one. Would like to know the Service Center address in Cerritos, Ca to get my RC repaired. It is only 30 minutes from my home so if I drop it off and pick it up it will save mailing cost for both of us. I see that this problem has happened to brand new RC's and older ones. Dji apparently has caused the problem with the update on a great many RC's and they should foot the bill for repairs, not those of us that bought your drones in good faith and paid good money for faulty service.

Hi there, thanks for getting back, unfortunately, the NA repair center doesn't support the pick-up by customer himself/herself, please start a ticket online and send in for further evaluation, this is not the experience we want you to experience, our repair team will help to get it fixed, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-2
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7073 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 05:17
Xeexo43, I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. Have you contacted our support to start a case? If yes, please kindly provide us with your case number, we'll double check with the team to see whether there are better suggestions.

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Your request (1254328) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives.

this was opened on the 24th of July and today is the 5th of September.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Xeexo43 Posted at 2018-9-4 22:11
Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Your request (1254328) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives.

Hi Xeexo43, thanks for the email ticket number, upon checking the email, our support team was doing their best to troubleshoot, we have suggested to reset the wifi and need more info for further assistance. Appreciate your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180906_114924.png
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules