Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin-S Firmware Released (07/19/2018)
12Next >
17016 51 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2018.07.19
  • Firmware: v 1.3.0.20
  • Ronin App iOS: v 1.1.2
  • Ronin App Android: v 1.1.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): V2.0.0
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v 2.0.0
  • User Manual: v 1.0

What’s New?
  • Added focus pulling support and autofocus triggering feature for Nikon D5 with supported NIKKOR lenses. Press halfway down on the gimbal's camera control button to use autofocus.
  • Added photo capture and video start/stop control for Panasonic GH3/GH4 using the optional RSS control cable for Panasonic (RSS-P).
  • Added selectable Camera Type in the Ronin App (version must be 1.1.2 or later) for increased camera shutter control stability when using IR. Go to Ronin App->Create->Camera Control to select the camera type when using the RSS-IR cable.
  • Optimized Motionlapse.
  • Improved the stability and image quality when taking long exposure shots in Timelapse and Motionlapse. The gimbal will no longer exit these modes when the gimbal is disturbed but pop up a notice in the Ronin app.
  • Fixed the micro stutter issue when the gimbal rotates quickly and fixed the issue where the roll axis goes off level when controlling the pan axis.
  • Fixed the issue where the correct result did not display when using the Balance Test for the pan axis. Tilt the Ronin-S sideways when performing the Balance Test so that the Ronin-S can correctly calculate the test result.

Notes:
  • Ensure that the Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB -C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and then proceed to turn on the gimbal.
  • If the Ronin-S is turned on when updating firmware and a camera is attached, make sure to protect the camera and lens from collision as the motors will shut off during the update process.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.
  • It is possible to revert back to the previous firmware version.
  • When setting the interval time for Motionlapse, always add at least one second on top of your exposure time to allow for gimbal movement.

2018-7-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Any one else having issues updating to v 1.3.0.20? I had two updates available for my Ronin-S. The first one (V 01. 02.0010) went just fine and was finished in under 1 minute. But when I try to update to latest FW I get the message: "Update fail". This comes right after proceeding to click "Upgrade". The S is charged, I've tried multiple cables and a different computer. Same issue. Anyone having the same issue, or managed to get it solved?

Help much appreciated!
2018-7-19
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-7-19 05:47
Any one else having issues updating to v 1.3.0.20? I had two updates available for my Ronin-S. The first one (V 01. 02.0010) went just fine and was finished in under 1 minute. But when I try to update to latest FW I get the message: "Update fail". This comes right after proceeding to click "Upgrade". The S is charged, I've tried multiple cables and a different computer. Same issue. Anyone having the same issue, or managed to get it solved?

Help much appreciated!

I am also getting the Update Fail message.
It is only the new firmware that is causing problems. Might be to much preassure on DJI's servers.
2018-7-19
Use props
mardarethedog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406604 ft
  • >>>
Canada

StianGel Posted at 2018-7-19 06:54
I am also getting the Update Fail message.
It is only the new firmware that is causing problems. Might be to much preassure on DJI's servers.

Same here!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Try now guys. We had an issue with the cloud server updating globally.
2018-7-19
Use props
mardarethedog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406604 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-19 08:40

Confirmed! It worked
2018-7-19
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-19 08:40

Workes for me to now.
To bad that the update did not resolve my connection issues with my Oneplus 3T.
2018-7-19
Use props
Kune
First Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Updated the Firmware. Tested with Nikon D7500 and the Focus Wheel is working with Signa LENS 35 mm 1,4G and Sigma 17-50  - 2.8.

The only thing I miss is that .. I usually magnify the image to make sure the focus is perfect, but with the ronin-s connected is not possible to do so.
About the record button ... it works as well.

Is there any way to modify the focus speed of the focus wheel?

2018-7-19
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

Nikon D800 doesn’t work!
Live view still turns off.
And now turning the focus wheel doesn’t move my 24-70 lens anymore.
PLEASE WORK ON D800!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-7-19 05:47
Any one else having issues updating to v 1.3.0.20? I had two updates available for my Ronin-S. The first one (V 01. 02.0010) went just fine and was finished in under 1 minute. But when I try to update to latest FW I get the message: "Update fail". This comes right after proceeding to click "Upgrade". The S is charged, I've tried multiple cables and a different computer. Same issue. Anyone having the same issue, or managed to get it solved?

Help much appreciated!

After some time the update went fine. Thanks for the information anyhow.
2018-7-20
Use props
KSK Aerial Cinematography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877041 ft
Bulgaria

I'm using last firmware and app version to my android deivce (Samsung Galaxy S5). I still receive "good "for tilt balance using my Nikon 5300 with kit lens & 50 mm 1.8. Someone else having this issue? I just want to stabilize camera. Focus is just a bonus, it's not what I need the most. At first I need some help to achieve balanced camera setup.

Any suggestions how to balance tilt axis with Nikon D5300 Kit Lens. After test now I receive "good" for Tilt axis. Is it safety to use Ronin S with "good" ?! Or must achieve triple excellent?
2018-7-20
Use props
vincelk
New

Malaysia

Just updated my RONIN-S to the latest firmware yesterday.
And what happened was my RONIN-S was panning very slowly on its own after I restart it after the update.
And I read a couple of comments from the forum and recalibrate the joysticks and all is good now. (stop moving already).

Anyone faced the same problem?
2018-7-23
Use props
KSK Aerial Cinematography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877041 ft
Bulgaria

vincelk Posted at 2018-7-23 04:02
Just updated my RONIN-S to the latest firmware yesterday.
And what happened was my RONIN-S was panning very slowly on its own after I restart it after the update.
And I read a couple of comments from the forum and recalibrate the joysticks and all is good now. (stop moving already).

Here the same. But I fail in balancing and I was thinking it was the reason for that issue.
When run Balance test I achieve good, excellent, excellent. And yes - moving forward gimbel start rotation the cam to left or right slightly.
2018-7-23
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
First Officer
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

i forget which axis is the first ... but moving it up and down on the pan axis might help.
2018-7-24
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.3

Hello there, I have GH4 camera and i have also the RSS-P cable for the Ronin-S (i ordered it from DJI and it arrived a couple days ago). It seems that is not working when i push the REC button (Photo/Record) on the gimbal, its do nothing. But in the app --> Status-- > Device --> Shutter Controller is checked!! I dont have Sleep Mode enabled in the camera. I have the latest firmware installed on the Ronin-S ver. 1.3.0.20..  My GH4 firmware is ver. 2.7..     Can you help me please??
2018-7-26
Use props
tfmedia
New
United States

I can't get Dji Assistant on my iMac ir Macbook Pro ?????
2018-7-27
Use props
djiuser_arYtg8cijZYs
New
Austria

Hello,

since I updated to the latest version, the Balance Test reports (Yaw: Good, Roll: Excellent, Pitch: Excellent). I did no camera adjustments or movements while, before or after the update process. With the older firmware version I got all three balance properties on "Excellent".

I see on the last point of your release notes, you fixed something on the Balance Test status report for "Pan axes" and it says "tilt the ronin s sideways for correct results". So I assume the "Yaw:Good" stands for the "Pan axes" and "Good" is not the correct test result for me now because I did not tilt the ronin while performing the Balance Test.

So can you please give any hints what exactly has to be done to get the correct test result? Which side to tilt? What angle? Maybe a picture or tutorial video.

Many Thanks
S.Munar
2018-7-27
Use props
liljana15
lvl.1
Philippines

I don't know how to get the dpi pro assistant for Mac to launch. Nothing is popping up once I connect my ronin s to the computer.
2018-7-31
Use props
liljana15
lvl.1
Philippines

Can someone make a video off how to set up the 6d mark II on the Ronin S and to get the start/stop button to work? I am so confused and need a visual.
2018-7-31
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314406 ft

liljana15 Posted at 2018-7-31 06:19
Can someone make a video off how to set up the 6d mark II on the Ronin S and to get the start/stop button to work? I am so confused and need a visual.

At this time I believe the 6D MKII start/stop and focus wheel features have been added to the Ronin S firmware.  Although the 6D MKII is on the list to be added. Or at least that is the info as far as I can tell from following this forum. My kit had a IR cable included for "start/stop" and it never worked at all.
2018-7-31
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.1

liljana15 Posted at 2018-7-31 06:19
Can someone make a video off how to set up the 6d mark II on the Ronin S and to get the start/stop button to work? I am so confused and need a visual.

Also make sure you have the latest firmware update and the latest app update.
2018-7-31
Use props
DMo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on mac, logged in and it doesn't recognise the Ronin-S. Just keeps telling me to plug it in
2018-8-6
Use props
DMo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on mac, logged in and it doesn't recognise the Ronin-S. Just keeps telling me to plug it in
2018-8-6
Use props
BrummieP4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383999 ft

Nice, thanks DJI but when is the SONY focus-pulling feature coming?
2018-8-6
Use props
fansf9d43e11
New
Brazil

Can someone help me? My ronin connects with my cell phone, I put the password and it connects, but after 2 or 3 seconds it disconnects and I can not activate it. DJI support asked me to update the firmware, but unfortunately I'm not getting it either.
2018-8-7
Use props
MJ Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
Malaysia

Same as DJI Assistant 2 doesnt recognize Ronin S. I have problem with the centre of gimbal(double tap position). The roll and and tilt axis are not centered and its really annoying to have these problem. I hope by updating firmware it will solve my problem. But now, I cant even get pass updating the firmware. Need help please anyone
2018-8-13
Use props
Andrey Guryanov
lvl.1
Russia

Can I find A user of Sony A7r2 version? It's not  in table about IRR control and my firmwawre in phone application is still very old. Or it's have another numeration?
2018-8-15
Use props
MJ Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
Malaysia

Anyone know why DJI Assistant 2 dont detect the Ronin S? Did I got a faulty unit. Im also have problem with the centre of gimbal, tilt and roll are off centered. Im using windows 10 btw. I dont think windows 10 was the problem because i can update my mavic pro effortlessly
2018-8-15
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.1

MJ Pro Posted at 2018-8-15 21:51
Anyone know why DJI Assistant 2 dont detect the Ronin S? Did I got a faulty unit. Im also have problem with the centre of gimbal, tilt and roll are off centered. Im using windows 10 btw. I dont think windows 10 was the problem because i can update my mavic pro effortlessly

Just checking; Do you have the Ronin S turned on? When I connect for firmware updates I have it turned on and connected using the cable that came with it. I have Windows 10 and I haven't had a problem.
2018-8-16
Use props
fansc3e85909
lvl.3
United States

When are you releasing the next update?
2018-8-21
Use props
edwardzamarripa
New

Italy

I’m having the same issue as some people with the ronin s. I plug it into the computer and no luck. the pc app just keeps showing a picture to plug it in via usb. although when i plugged it in, the computer installs a driver that says something like STM32 virtual Com port. Since that happen, Im assuming that the cable works and also that the usb port works. the pc makes that noise when you plug in a cable into it as well. but im not 100% sure what the driver was called exactly but it installed successfully. im using ronin assistant 2 v2.0. any solutions?! please help
2018-8-24
Use props
fans50c4c633
lvl.1

United States

fansf9d43e11 Posted at 2018-8-7 10:02
[view_image][view_image]
Can someone help me? My ronin connects with my cell phone, I put the password and it connects, but after 2 or 3 seconds it disconnects and I can not activate it. DJI support asked me to update the firmware, but unfortunately I'm not getting it either.

I get the same issue. contacted dji and they tell me they haven't heard of this issue yet. gonna send it in this week so they can see whats the deal.
2018-8-24
Use props
HeyKyle
lvl.1
United States

Where do I go to get new firmware and how do I install it?
2018-8-25
Use props
Lectrio
Netherlands

edwardzamarripa Posted at 2018-8-24 01:19
I’m having the same issue as some people with the ronin s. I plug it into the computer and no luck. the pc app just keeps showing a picture to plug it in via usb. although when i plugged it in, the computer installs a driver that says something like STM32 virtual Com port. Since that happen, Im assuming that the cable works and also that the usb port works. the pc makes that noise when you plug in a cable into it as well. but im not 100% sure what the driver was called exactly but it installed successfully. im using ronin assistant 2 v2.0. any solutions?! please help

I had the same issue! Solved it by using the program called 'Zadig' used in this YT video:

2018-8-25
Use props
edwardzamarripa
New

Italy

Lectrio Posted at 2018-8-25 06:11
I had the same issue! Solved it by using the program called 'Zadig' used in this YT video: STM32 install on Windows

Holy jebus!! It works! Thanks man! You’re the best!!!!
2018-8-25
Use props
edwardzamarripa
New

Italy

MJ Pro Posted at 2018-8-13 15:01
Same as DJI Assistant 2 doesnt recognize Ronin S. I have problem with the centre of gimbal(double tap position). The roll and and tilt axis are not centered and its really annoying to have these problem. I hope by updating firmware it will solve my problem. But now, I cant even get pass updating the firmware. Need help please anyone

Scroll down to the latest posts, I just solved the issue where the ronin s pc app doesn’t recognize the ronin s. This is definitely a driver issue and not the unit itself. Dji needs to fix the app.
2018-8-25
Use props
fansdd99abef
New

I followed the instructions in the video but can not get the Ronin-S to show in the Ronin Assistant software. When USB-C cable is connected to the ronin and laptop, the grip lights indicate it's charging. My battery levels are at 90%. Why is the ronin-s not showing in the assistant software? Again I followed the video instructions exactly step by step.
2018-8-26
Use props
fansdd99abef
New

fansdd99abef Posted at 2018-8-26 10:45
I followed the instructions in the video but can not get the Ronin-S to show in the Ronin Assistant software. When USB-C cable is connected to the ronin and laptop, the grip lights indicate it's charging. My battery levels are at 90%. Why is the ronin-s not showing in the assistant software? Again I followed the video instructions exactly step by step.

Apparently, I downloaded the wrong Ronin Assistant Version. I originally downloaded Ronin Assistant, make sure to download Ronin Pro-Assistant. Now everything is fine.
2018-8-26
Use props
diablo690
New

Ireland

i have a problem updating my Ronin S firmware to  v 1.3.0.20... the V 01. 02.0010 updated fine but after that the DJI PRO assistant 2 is just stuck on connect the USB..
2018-8-26
Use props
diablo690
New

Ireland

i have a problem updating my Ronin S firmware to  v 1.3.0.20... the V 01. 02.0010 updated fine but after that the DJI PRO assistant 2 is just stuck on connect the USB.. i have uninstalled/install the software and device [USB Serial Device (COM3)] but still no luck... the is no error message on USB Serial Device (COM3) in the device manager... i am also aware of the usbser.sys driver and all that, but i can't find a solution please help me troubleshoot thank you!
2018-8-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules