Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin-S Firmware Released (07/19/2018)
17018 51 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pEhyV6v5eVDr
lvl.1
Georgia

Rather than regularly connect the Ronin-S to a computer, is there a way to receive notification of available firmware updates by email? Would also help to know if there is an anticipated schedule for firmware updates given there’s a lot of camera support and features to add.
2018-8-27
Use props
lectriomedia
Netherlands

edwardzamarripa Posted at 2018-8-25 22:33
Holy jebus!! It works! Thanks man! You’re the best!!!!

You're welcome, glad I could be of help. Took me a day to figure out. Glad to share the knowledge!
2018-8-28
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

diablo690 Posted at 2018-8-26 13:32
i have a problem updating my Ronin S firmware to  v 1.3.0.20... the V 01. 02.0010 updated fine but after that the DJI PRO assistant 2 is just stuck on connect the USB.. i have uninstalled/install the software and device  but still no luck... the is no error message on USB Serial Device (COM3) in the device manager... i am also aware of the usbser.sys driver and all that, but i can't find a solution please help me troubleshoot thank you!

I don't know if this helps or not.  So this might just be a waste of your time to read.  But when I connected my Ronin to my computer, I had the Ronin s completely turned off while plugging everything in, then I planned to turn the Ronin s on.  
But after plugging in the cables (to my Mac Notebook), the battery grip went into a charging mode and I could not turn the Ronin on.  after a few seconds I saw the (on-screen) USB cable graphic make its connection in Assistant 2.

I was able to upgrade my firmware without turning the Ronin s on.

So maybe you just need to shut the power down on the Ronin s, fire up Assistant 2, and make the USB connection to get the update to work?

ALSO, after installing the Ronin Pro Assistant, there is a driver installer that appears, it says it is only for Android, but I couldn't get anything to work on my Mac until I installed that driver.
2018-8-29
Use props
diablo690
New

Ireland

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:56
I don't know if this helps or not.  So this might just be a waste of your time to read.  But when I connected my Ronin to my computer, I had the Ronin s completely turned off while plugging everything in, then I planned to turn the Ronin s on.  
But after plugging in the cables (to my Mac Notebook), the battery grip went into a charging mode and I could not turn the Ronin on.  after a few seconds I saw the (on-screen) USB cable graphic make its connection in Assistant 2.

thanks for the reply... i have tried to connect it with my ronin s OFF and still the same but otherwise thank you so much for the reply... it was worth trying... thank you and have a nice day
2018-8-29
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

diablo690 Posted at 2018-8-29 10:48
thanks for the reply... i have tried to connect it with my ronin s OFF and still the same but otherwise thank you so much for the reply... it was worth trying... thank you and have a nice day

Diablo,  you are very welcome.  Sorry it didn't do the trick.  In these forums, there are some people who can be pretty terse, even a bit jerky.  But for the most part, we all know that we are in this together and we like to be able to help.

In the past two years I have probably asked 500 questions in this forum, the Ronin Mx forum, the Mavic forum, and the Phantom (P4 & P4P) forums.  It has been an invaluable asset.

So I really wish my simple solution would have worked for you, and I'm sorry your Ronin-s is acting up.  That SUX.

Take care buddy,
Matt

2018-8-29
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OH,  have you tried a different cable?
2018-8-29
Use props
edwardzamarripa
New

Italy

diablo690 Posted at 2018-8-26 13:32
i have a problem updating my Ronin S firmware to  v 1.3.0.20... the V 01. 02.0010 updated fine but after that the DJI PRO assistant 2 is just stuck on connect the USB.. i have uninstalled/install the software and device  but still no luck... the is no error message on USB Serial Device (COM3) in the device manager... i am also aware of the usbser.sys driver and all that, but i can't find a solution please help me troubleshoot thank you!

Read the forum! I had this exact issue and I solved it by downloading a program called Zadig 2.4. I can confirm that this is legit and works. I even tested it again right now to see if the assistant 2 program recognizes my gimbal even after a few days and it still works..

Trust me, I thought I had a faulty gimbal but it’s just a driver issue. Read the forum and watch the video posted in there about Zadig. Do the exact same thing but use the gimbal instead of that mother board thing (obviously). Go watch it lol
2018-8-29
Use props
Waldorf product
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

My battery grip takes me 20 minutes to switch it on. Same to switch off. I have to cancelled all my incoming shooting.
Dji answer is to wait for 15 days, no more…I am very unhappy with this answer. My retailer doesn't have a battery for replacement. Then, my client will ask someone else.
Thank you dji !!!!!!
2018-8-30
Use props
AlanoSucre
New
Kenya

Hi there. I updated my Ronin S to the 1.4.0.30 firmware update and i'm using a Canon 5D Mark II with the RSS-IR cable but the start/stop function isn't working with the remote shutter mode enabled on the camera. Is there something i'm not doing right?
2018-8-31
Use props
Osman Khasaev
New

Russia

я сначала  когда обновил последнюю версию ронин глючил, потом вернул обратно и сегодня заново обновил все норм
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_pB5fW15nhOK6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,
I recently updated to the newest Firmware on the Ronin S. The focus wheel and rec button now work but the Gimbal itself is behaving strange. It became really slow and slack on mode one, not even pulling the camera all the way when turning. Mode two is similar but not as severe and mode three is ok. I have reset the gimbal settings using the app and rebalanced and calibrated the motors.

I downgraded the Firmware and it was fine, back to normal, but the same issue occurred when upgrading again.

Has anyone else experienced this? It is slightly worrying ma and I need it to work.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_Hx0fk1Yh6Gtp
New

Pakistan

i need help.. im connecting my usb type c cable on ronin s and the other usb end to pc .. but my computer doesn't recognize usb connection.. hence fail to connect and cant move further to update.. what am i doing wrong. i used a dell inspiron lapton aswell same thing.. fails to connect usb.. why ?
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules