Crystalsky or Nvidia shield K1
4453 11 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft

which should I buy?  right now I'm using a Galaxy Tab S3 and it works but I have to force stop everything I'm running the Mavic Pro Platinum Ive done some research on both devices and understand its hit or miss as to getting a working non overheating Crystalsky or a K1 that will actually run the go 4 app

Right now on the Tab S3 I have 2.2gigs of ram available and every now and then the screen will scramble and pixilate This Tablet runs the Go app for my P3Pro flawlessly but I did notice when flying with my nephew me with the P3P and him his Mavic if I get to close to his RC with my tablet it scrambles the screen till I move away from him, so I guess the regular go app and go 4 don't like each other lol Id like to find a display that's larger then my Galaxy S9+ to fly both drones with but I'm willing to buy a display to use for the Mavic only if I have to
2018-7-19
Use props
Rob Fontenot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250197 ft
United States

If brightness is your priority, then go with the Crystalsky.  I have the K1 and while it's a great tablet and works perfectly, the screen isn't the brightest. My K1 has the latest nVidia OS upgrade and runs the Go4 app with no problem and no overheating.  Although the K1 is no longer in production, it easily gets the job done and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the Crystalsky.
2018-7-19
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

I'm good on brightness I use a sunshade and no issues seeing my screen. I figured on the K1 I will only be using it for my Mavic and Phantom 3 Pro and nothing else same as I do with the Tab S3. everything else I do on Laptop and desktop.  The Price will make the wife happy also. I read a lot of reviews on Both but as usual they are all mixed. I like the idea of the crystalsky only running DJI stuff, but I'd really hate to buy the crystalsky and have it overheating which seems to be the biggest complaint. I'm not sure if DJI fixed that issue yet or not, but some do it some don't my luck I'd get a bad one. Thanx for your help Brother  
2018-7-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-7-19 10:52
I'm good on brightness I use a sunshade and no issues seeing my screen. I figured on the K1 I will only be using it for my Mavic and Phantom 3 Pro and nothing else same as I do with the Tab S3. everything else I do on Laptop and desktop.  The Price will make the wife happy also. I read a lot of reviews on Both but as usual they are all mixed. I like the idea of the crystalsky only running DJI stuff, but I'd really hate to buy the crystalsky and have it overheating which seems to be the biggest complaint. I'm not sure if DJI fixed that issue yet or not, but some do it some don't my luck I'd get a bad one. Thanx for your help Brother

The K1 was good in its day but the current Go app needs more performance.
The Huawei M3 or M5 are probably the best flying tablets available now.
2018-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-7-19 10:52
I'm good on brightness I use a sunshade and no issues seeing my screen. I figured on the K1 I will only be using it for my Mavic and Phantom 3 Pro and nothing else same as I do with the Tab S3. everything else I do on Laptop and desktop.  The Price will make the wife happy also. I read a lot of reviews on Both but as usual they are all mixed. I like the idea of the crystalsky only running DJI stuff, but I'd really hate to buy the crystalsky and have it overheating which seems to be the biggest complaint. I'm not sure if DJI fixed that issue yet or not, but some do it some don't my luck I'd get a bad one. Thanx for your help Brother

Aloha Epicdoom,

Labroides is giving you real good information for what you are indicating is your need.  As for the CrystalSky, it is the Ultra that has the overheating problem.  My CrystalSky High Brightness does not have any overheating issues at all.  But, I did make a very nice sunshade for it and put a mat finish screen protector on it and it works like a champ.

I have both of the displays you are inquiring about and if you want to please the wife, follow Labroides advice.  Then make a custom sunshade for it and buy a mat finish screen protector.  I have them for my nVidia Shield K1 to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-20
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-19 14:56
The K1 was good in its day but the current Go app needs more performance.
The Huawei M3 or M5 are probably the best flying tablets available now.

Awesome thank You for this info, I'll go have a look at those

And Thank You Cetacean for the Conformation on the tablet. I use a sunshade when needed, but most times I stand in shade to fly so never really have much issue with that.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I highly suggest using the DJI Crystalsky on your DJI Drone for compatibility and reliability. For additional information about the DJI Crystalsky, I will be posting the DJI Crystalsky link for additional reference.

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too have the K1 as well as 2 Tab S2's, whilst the K1 is old hat now, it still gets the job done, i think where it only has 2gb ram and only a quad core CPU, i think 192-core Kepler GPU makes up for that with regards to the dji app. Any reason you want to downgrade from the Tab S3 to the Nvidia though?  The only benefit i see would be the K1's HDMI output, unless youe S3 is the 10" and you want to go smaller?
2018-7-20
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-20 20:52
I too have the K1 as well as 2 Tab S2's, whilst the K1 is old hat now, it still gets the job done, i think where it only has 2gb ram and only a quad core CPU, i think 192-core Kepler GPU makes up for that with regards to the dji app. Any reason you want to downgrade from the Tab S3 to the Nvidia though?  The only benefit i see would be the K1's HDMI output, unless youe S3 is the 10" and you want to go smaller?

my S3 scrambles the display sometimes in flight it seems to be lag related as it happens when I make abrupt movements in yaw or flying in sport mode. I dumped everything off the S3 except the Go App and essential stuff to make the tablet run I have at most 2.2GB of ram with everything force stopped. The tablet works great for My P3pro, but not for the Mavic Id prefer one tablet for both drones so I'm looking for something a bit faster with more ram I bought the Huawei M5 to try out, will be here tomorrow, but we have rain in the forecast for the next 5 days. Ill report back on how it does when I can get the Mavic in the air  Both Birds fly on my Galaxy S9+, but its small and my old eyes strain to see what's going on
2018-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-7-21 18:18
my S3 scrambles the display sometimes in flight it seems to be lag related as it happens when I make abrupt movements in yaw or flying in sport mode. I dumped everything off the S3 except the Go App and essential stuff to make the tablet run I have at most 2.2GB of ram with everything force stopped. The tablet works great for My P3pro, but not for the Mavic Id prefer one tablet for both drones so I'm looking for something a bit faster with more ram I bought the Huawei M5 to try out, will be here tomorrow, but we have rain in the forecast for the next 5 days. Ill report back on how it does when I can get the Mavic in the air  Both Birds fly on my Galaxy S9+, but its small and my old eyes strain to see what's going on

Should be ok with the M5, on the S3, its prob the android version thats the issue.... youre the 1st ive seen with any issues with the  S3, it should be perfect for the job really..
2018-7-21
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-21 19:51
Should be ok with the M5, on the S3, its prob the android version thats the issue.... youre the 1st ive seen with any issues with the  S3, it should be perfect for the job really..

I was sure hoping the S3 would have worked as flawless as it did for My P3P. Its a great Tablet, But I don't like not knowing what's going on even for a few seconds while my drones in the air. The screen scramble issue is the screen fully Pixilating once it starts I have to go hands off for at least 20 seconds for it to fully recover if I keep moving it never recovers till I stop.  

I fly line of sight except over the ocean and I fly by what I see on my screen Mostly so I absolutely need a device with no issues in that regard.  With the P3P and the S3 tablet that was a match made in heaven it just performs amazingly and with what appears to be no lag. I'm sure there is some, but its difficult to see with that combo at least for my tired eyes LOL  I'll be holding onto the S3 for sure, but I wont be using it for the Mavic I may in fact just use it for the P3P only and just leave it in the Drone pack all the time. I fly the P3P more then anything else because I fully trust it to return to me I've had it 5 miles out over the ocean watching Dolphins jumping.
2018-7-22
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

got some time to fly the New Tablet Huawie M5, Windy, but no rain for a change lol   all I can say is WOW I'm impressed. And believe me when I tell you its hard to Impress this old Marine.  best $319 I ever spent.
Thanx to Labroides and Cetacean  for the heads up on this tablet.  
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules