Zenmuse x5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi everyone,

I have a Zenmuse X5 and I have a question. I needed to have the image streamed in the computer at the same time it is recording. Do you know if that's possible and can you help me with that?

Thank you very much.

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to clarify if it's an X5S or X5 only? what specific Inspire do you have?
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

I have the X5. I'm not using any drone. I am testing things without the gimbal attached to a drone.What I want is to be able to stream the image in the computer at the same time it is recording in order to be analyzed at the same time.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf Posted at 2018-7-20 01:09
I have the X5. I'm not using any drone. I am testing things without the gimbal attached to a drone.What I want is to be able to stream the image in the computer at the same time it is recording in order to be analyzed at the same time.

I have the Z3 too. So if you know that it is possible to do that with one of these cameras, just tell me
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf Posted at 2018-7-20 02:33
I have the Z3 too. So if you know that it is possible to do that with one of these cameras, just tell me

That's impossible. In order for you to do that, you'll need to attach your gimbal to your drone. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-20
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-20 11:54
That's impossible. In other, for you to do that, you'll need to attach your gimbal to your drone. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Well an Osmo is a possibility, however streaming into a computer I know there is a video on YT of a Russian that got it done, you might want to look into that, but it's not easy. You know, as I'm writting this response I had an epiphany, what if you use an OSMO with a HDMI equipped tablet which in turn gets connected to an HDMI equipped capture card in the computer? I have a feeling that might work, could be expensive, I think blackmagic has one, you have to make sure the app view is set to full screen or else you will see the UI, but I think it's doable.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-20 11:54
That's impossible. In other, for you to do that, you'll need to attach your gimbal to your drone. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Okay. And if I have a drone could I do it?
2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-21 21:20
Well an Osmo is a possibility, however streaming into a computer I know there is a video on YT of a Russian that got it done, you might want to look into that, but it's not easy. You know, as I'm writting this response I had an epiphany, what if you use an OSMO with a HDMI equipped tablet which in turn gets connected to an HDMI equipped capture card in the computer? I have a feeling that might work, could be expensive, I think blackmagic has one, you have to make sure the app view is set to full screen or else you will see the UI, but I think it's doable.

In that video he got it done with OSMO?
2018-7-22
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf Posted at 2018-7-22 00:33
In that video he got it done with OSMO?

Yes in the video I saw it was done with OSMO
2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-22 07:16
Yes in the video I saw it was done with OSMO

I'll search for it. I don't have the OSMO though. DO you know if it is possible to do it with a drone?
2018-7-23
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf Posted at 2018-7-23 01:02
I'll search for it. I don't have the OSMO though. DO you know if it is possible to do it with a drone?

same idea as I suggested, use the HDMI out from the remote, I think you can turn off flight data, I don't know if you can use the Russian's method from the AC.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf
lvl.1

Portugal

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-23 04:24
same idea as I suggested, use the HDMI out from the remote, I think you can turn off flight data, I don't know if you can use the Russian's method from the AC.

The thing is, if I use that I cannot perform the streaming onboard. What I want to do after all is to execute computer vision algorithms onboard
2018-7-23
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ew1b1rk6JZyf Posted at 2018-7-23 05:13
The thing is, if I use that I cannot perform the streaming onboard. What I want to do after all is to execute computer vision algorithms onboard

that's over my head dude, frankly I'm not understanding your purpose at all, maybe one of the more sophisticated members can help.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules