lvl.2

Thanks for sharing !
2018-8-8
Use props
dadams69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509150 ft

United States

Very nice work, new to drones myself, looking for solid editing software! Filmora is #1 on list at this time as its a one time subscription. I know Photoshop is the go to but I don't think I'll use it enough to warrant the cost per year.
2018-8-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Awesome shots! As a drone cinematographer in training, I prefer softer transactions versus the abrupt quick transitions you use. I think a quick transactions tend to pull the viewer out of the video. Newby opinion.
2018-8-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Awesome shots! As a drone cinematographer in training, I prefer softer transactions versus the abrupt quick transitions you use. I think a quick transactions tend to pull the viewer out of the video. Newby opinion.
2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Danke...again.
2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

dadams69 Posted at 2018-8-8 07:58
Very nice work, new to drones myself, looking for solid editing software! Filmora is #1 on list at this time as its a one time subscription. I know Photoshop is the go to but I don't think I'll use it enough to warrant the cost per year.

Thanks. I just have a cheap pro-sumer level editing program. I'm looking to get one of the better ones  too, but I'm pretty sure it won't be Photoshop.

BTW, how is someone with 195052 in flight distance new to drones?
2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-8-8 08:42

Man, I'm glad you brought that up, Aaron. I'm always undecided between hard and soft cuts, so I usually fall back on the theory that our eyes don't use "transitions" when we switch our gaze to something else, therefore we shouldn't in videos either. But in both videos I've posted, there are some butt edits that still jar me when I see them for the umpteenth time. Like you said, they take me out of the moment. I think I've been too dogmatic about it.

Thanks again for pointing that out. Made me think again.
2018-8-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-8 11:44
Thanks. I just have a cheap pro-sumer level editing program. I'm looking to get one of the better ones  too, but I'm pretty sure it won't be Photoshop.

New to trying to learn cinematic drone flying not drones. I really want to learn how to film epic vids. I live in an extremely beautiful part of the Northern California Wine Country.
2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-8-8 13:14
New to trying to learn cinematic drone flying not drones. I really want to learn how to film epic vids. I live in an extremely beautiful part of the Northern California Wine Country.

My comment about being new to drones was actually for dadams69. But I hear you about shooting epic vids. That's precisely my goal, too. My Academy Award acceptance speech is written already.

I've never been to your part of the world so I'm looking forward to seeing your work from there. That was a nice teaser in your last show. Best of luck with it.
2018-8-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

I'd say you're living proof of that.

I started my journey last December when I bought a little FPV drone to train on, as the internet advised me to do. Three months later I was flying a Spark. I want to move up another notch or two eventually, but whatever the future holds, I'm having a ball doing it.

The journey continues...
2018-8-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

I'd say you're living proof of that.

I started my journey last December when I bought a little FPV drone to train on, as the internet advised me to do. Three months later I was flying a Spark. I want to move up another notch or two eventually, but whatever the future holds, I'm having a ball doing it.

The journey continues...

(Reposting because I forgot to tag you.)
2018-8-8
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

This is beautiful
2018-8-9
Use props
dadams69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509150 ft

United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-8 11:44
Thanks. I just have a cheap pro-sumer level editing program. I'm looking to get one of the better ones  too, but I'm pretty sure it won't be Photoshop.

True I have logged time & distance but I still consider myself new! I live out in the country in Michigan so fairly flat, some smaller towns around me so good flying conditions. I've logged several 3+ mile flights out to test the range of my P4. Wasn't to impressed with the stock RC so I purchased new unopened Inspire 1 RC and linked that with the P4. Now the limitations are signal from the HD feed cut out around 18'568 feet (3.5 miles) which considering terrain, trees, WiFi and cell towers around me isn't to shabby! A typical flight for me is a total distance around 30'000+ feet (5 + miles) more with the Phantom Pro propellers,

I have also been out tracking deer in my area, watching and looking for where they are moving this year, this will be an excellent tool for hunting. Several flights have been tracking my wife & daughter on horse back at some events they have competed in and lots of flying around the 15 acre yard following the kids on the dirt bikes!!

But I'm still learning and there is so much more capabilities with the DJI products to master.
2018-8-9
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Thank you, and thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.
2018-8-9
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

dadams69 Posted at 2018-8-9 03:12
True I have logged time & distance but I still consider myself new! I live out in the country in Michigan so fairly flat, some smaller towns around me so good flying conditions. I've logged several 3+ mile flights out to test the range of my P4. Wasn't to impressed with the stock RC so I purchased new unopened Inspire 1 RC and linked that with the P4. Now the limitations are signal from the HD feed cut out around 18'568 feet (3.5 miles) which considering terrain, trees, WiFi and cell towers around me isn't to shabby! A typical flight for me is a total distance around 30'000+ feet (5 + miles) more with the Phantom Pro propellers,

I have also been out tracking deer in my area, watching and looking for where they are moving this year, this will be an excellent tool for hunting. Several flights have been tracking my wife & daughter on horse back at some events they have competed in and lots of flying around the 15 acre yard following the kids on the dirt bikes!!

Ah, okay. Good attitude. Once we stop learning, we stop growing. But there's nothing newbie about the distances you're getting. Those are impressive.

As a city dweller, I'm envious that you don't even have to leave your yard to get some good shooting opportunities. And funny you should mention tracking deer. I got a mule deer on camera the other night, my first wildlife!

Cheers!
2018-8-9
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

Love it! Great work
2018-8-12
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks very much.
2018-8-12
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Beautiful.
Where was this taken?
2018-8-15
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-8-15 12:23
Beautiful.
Where was this taken?

Thank you for that.

This is in Canada, province of Saskatchewan.
2018-8-15
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-15 14:07
Thank you for that.

This is in Canada, province of Saskatchewan.

Thank you but Saskatchewan is huge.  Is it a specific region within Saskatchewan or is Saskatchewan generally a Canola producing province?
2018-8-16
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-8-16 01:26
Thank you but Saskatchewan is huge.  Is it a specific region within Saskatchewan or is Saskatchewan generally a Canola producing province?

Sorry, I didn't think a South African would know much about Saskatchewan. The southern third of the province is prairie where the canola is grown. The northern half is solid forest and water. I never saw these sights growing up. Wheat used to be king, but now canola pays better so it's a lot more common, to the benefit of photographers, especially flying photographers.
2018-8-16
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

{: 4_96:}
A very interesting and most probably generally correct for most of the world population {: 4_137:}
However there are individuals who are interested in more than their tiny "world" and others like myself who are very privileged to have been working in a career that afforded worldwide travel. I am a retired Exploration Geologist that once worked in the Canadian Arctic in Nunavut {: 4_152:}
2018-8-16
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Nice Video..... On a side note My Spark is Yellow.   If I lost in there I would be looking weeks for it..  LOL!!!!
2018-8-16
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-16 23:46
Nice Video..... On a side note My Spark is Yellow.   If I lost in there I would be looking weeks for it..  LOL!!!!

Thanks, Greg. A yellow spark would be well camouflaged in there.
2018-8-17
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Excellent video. Very impressive
2018-8-17
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-17 10:13
Thanks, Greg. A yellow spark would be well camouflaged in there.

yeah not a place to fly mine in....
2018-8-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-17 10:49
Excellent video. Very impressive

Thank you, nixuspix.
2018-8-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-17 14:23
yeah not a place to fly mine in....

Talk about losing VLOS.
2018-8-17
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

LOL Yes...
2018-8-18
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft

That was simply wonderful !

...and I thought the views of wild sunflowers were wild from the air here in plains of NM. Ha Really beautiful video and country. Well captured.
2018-8-18
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Caspers driver Posted at 2018-8-18 15:32
That was simply wonderful !

...and I thought the views of wild sunflowers were wild from the air here in plains of NM. Ha Really beautiful video and country. Well captured.

Thanks very much for that. I'll bet sunflowers look pretty good from the air, too.
2018-8-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work. I didn't see any rolling or jello effects going on. The pan is a little jerky but it always will be with the Spark. Fantastic video though. Very evenly paced and nice music. Good editing.
2018-8-19
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 2018-8-19 22:14
Great work. I didn't see any rolling or jello effects going on. The pan is a little jerky but it always will be with the Spark. Fantastic video thought. Very evenly paced and nice music. Good editing.

Thanks, Bing, nice of you to say. I found out the rolling jello was caused by a recent upgrade to the VLC player. I went back to the older version and it disappeared, so that solved that. The jerky pans is another story.

Thanks for the feedback.
2018-8-20
Use props
djiuser_gDMBogkF5eH6
lvl.1

Pakistan

Much obliged for offering exhortation and help, however I really altered at 30 fps. The supervisor I have is Pinnacle Studio 15 HD, a star sumer level program. I'm not a specialized person so I don't have the foggiest idea about the specs, however next time I open (it's on another PC), I will check the bit rate that it yields at. I have a doubt it will be lower than it ought to be as Northwood recommended. I trust this will all be disputable when I get another PC and great editorial manager soon, if there's a God. I can hardly wait to attempt my hand at shading reviewing.  cigarette boxes wholesale
2018-8-20
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

Smooth as silk on my Surface Pro I5 as played through FireFox. NO Jello nor Stuttering. Nice video, Spark does an awesome job.
2018-8-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules