Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New operator here from Canada
549 22 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Hello everyone, just received my Mavic Pro bundle today. My very first UAV. Am retired, love photography and travel extensively so am anticipating I will make some good use of my Mavic. Cheers!

Danny

2018-7-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!
2018-7-19
Use props
shipwama
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38576 ft
Canada

Hey, I just got mine as well, form Ontario, Good luck !!! Happy flying
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Congratulations on your new drone. We do appreciate you've chosen DJI as your first UAV. If you do have some questions don't hesitate to reach us here. For additional information about your Mavic Pro. Please follow our official YouTube channel for some tips. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

2018-7-19
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks! I will view your videos for sure.
2018-7-19
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Welcome and congrats on your bird! If you havnt done so already familiarize your self with the Transport Canada drone rules, they are fairly straight forward.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/ ... safely-legally.html
Next I recommend a useful little app - UAV forecast. You can assign the no fly zones in the app and when looking at the map it will show you where its safe to fly.
Enjoy the new toy ) looking forward to some footage.
Cheers
2018-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Welcome Danny,
Congrats on the new bird.
Looking forward to seeing your work.
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Welcome Danny and shipwama, congratulations and always happy landings!
2018-7-19
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Rawsome Posted at 2018-7-19 13:51
Welcome and congrats on your bird! If you havnt done so already familiarize your self with the Transport Canada drone rules, they are fairly straight forward.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/flying-drone-safely-legally.html
Next I recommend a useful little app - UAV forecast. You can assign the no fly zones in the app and when looking at the map it will show you where its safe to fly.

Thanks Rawsome. According to the tech sheet, the Mavic Pro weighs less than 1kg so I will follow those rules no problems. Don't want to end up with a fine. How do you guys mark your names and address on them? I sure don't plan in engraving so am thinking some sort of stickers? Also downloaded the App you suggested.

Danny
2018-7-19
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Welcome and congrats! Be sure to abide by the laws of your country before you fly. I'm in the USA so i don't know what you need to do but it's best to keep the law on your side.
2018-7-19
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

SgtDannySgt Posted at 2018-7-19 14:21
Thanks Rawsome. According to the tech sheet, the Mavic Pro weighs less than 1kg so I will follow those rules no problems. Don't want to end up with a fine. How do you guys mark your names and address on them? I sure don't plan in engraving so am thinking some sort of stickers? Also downloaded the App you suggested.

Danny

My wife owns a Dymo label printer
However I decided against the fact to print a huge label with my contact info and plaster it over my precious air, instead i went online and created a QR code with my information.
Downloaded it, opened up Photoshop, created a new document with the size of the label and pasted the QR code in like 3 or 4 times. Each is less than half an inch square so it tiny and doesn't bother me too much.
Placed one on each battery and on the belly of the Mavic. The regulations don't really dictate on a format yet so this works for me
2018-7-19
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Also I assume this might be your first drone, if not disregard, I would recommend to first and foremost update everything, then find a calm day and an open field of sorts and just have some fun and burn a few batteries. Test out the settings and really get to know your bird. The more you fly the more confident you will get and the more fun it becomes and a warning right here - it is addicting!!!
Youtube is a great resource to learn a few tips and tricks, I like this guy
And as a piece of mind if you haven't done so already, splurge the extra $$ on the DJI Care refresh and hope you'll never have to use it but if you do - you'll be glad you have it.
2018-7-19
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.1
Canada

Welcome to the DJI UAV family! I'm excited for you - I just took mine on my first trip and it was a blast... I reckon you'll have a fantastic time
2018-7-19
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

I just took mine out and???? I realized that my phone connector is upside down so the provided Android cable is not good for me. My phone is a Nexus 5, so my question is, how do I get around this? Can I connect my phone with the controller's USB port? Is there a cable that will be good with the Nexus 5? I did fly my buddies Mavic so all was not in vain.

Edit: I just checked and there is a reverse cable available.

Danny
2018-7-19
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Welcome to the club.  have fun and fly safe.  make sure and take a look at the videos here and many more on yt.  
2018-7-19
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and the Mavic Family!  Glad to have you!    Have fun, and fly safe.  Please make sure you come back and share some of your work with us!  We look forward to seeing it.

I got stickers for my Mavic Air from  http://reclaimdrone.com  there are other options like this as well.

Again, welcome aboard!
2018-7-19
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Welcome aboard! Hope to see some great captures for you!
2018-7-19
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Danny, what part of the country?  I'm close to Edmonton.  I love travel & photography as well, retired too.  Here is a link to my YouTube page.  https://www.youtube.com/user/hummingbirdRPV?feature=mhee
2018-7-19
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-7-19 21:26
Hi Danny, what part of the country?  I'm close to Edmonton.  I love travel & photography as well, retired too.  Here is a link to my YouTube page.  Hummingbird.UAV link

Hi Hummingbird, I am about 60 klics NW of Montreal. What is best for live feed? I have a buddy who uses Periscope and he loves it. Facebook is not an option for me as I don't have social media. Thanks
2018-7-20
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SgtDannySgt Posted at 2018-7-20 02:26
Hi Hummingbird, I am about 60 klics NW of Montreal. What is best for live feed? I have a buddy who uses Periscope and he loves it. Facebook is not an option for me as I don't have social media. Thanks

Could not say what's best for a live feed, I have never used any.
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum and good luck enjoying your new MP
2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
lvl.4