Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro no sound
2211 13 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Hi , is there a way to mute all sound from the drone and controller?

Sometimes it feels over the top to have a full 80ths synth band homeing in on you for example when landing etc
2018-7-19
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144081
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. Thanks for reaching our DJI Forum. I just want to clarify, Are we talking about the sound for the RTH when it's on or triggered? For safety concern, you can not turn off the alarm. It is designed to bleep as RTH is actually an emergency feature. Please fly in caution and avoid situations which trigger RTH. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Most sounds you can reduce/mute by turning down the volume of your mobile device. The sounds coming from the RC are usually emergency related and you can avoid them by avoiding the emergencies.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_GJDwEkl9himx
New
Flight distance : 97037 ft
Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-19 14:46
Hello there. Thanks for reaching our DJI Forum. I just want to clarify, Are we talking about the sound for the RTH when it's on or triggered? For safety concern, you can not turn off the alarm. It is designed to bleep as RTH is actually an emergency feature. Please fly in caution and avoid situations which trigger RTH. Thank you.

makes no sense at all. how does a nerve wrecking beeping help in an emergency situation?
2018-7-23
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

The low battery warning should go off when the drone goes back to the homepoint, now it keeps squeaking as your drone is taken back to your homepoint.

The continuous peeping is very irritating and distracts from your attention.
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

Yes , operating the drone should be a noisy experience by default.
Low battery warning could start of with a very low noise to gradually increase over time. If the user already are heading home there shouldnt be any reason to increase the volume. Same goes for rc.
Right now people around you reacts to the noise of everything.
If you do the right thing lets keep the volume down as much as possible.
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

Shouldnt be - default noisy ...
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 14:53
Most sounds you can reduce/mute by turning down the volume of your mobile device. The sounds coming from the RC are usually emergency related and you can avoid them by avoiding the emergencies.

Totally agree.  I've never had any problems with the beep and the people around me never seem to have any problems with it.  I've had one person ask and I tell them that its just a low battery.  No one panics.  They stick around to see the drone up close and I show it off to the kids with them.  
2018-7-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-23 12:51
Totally agree.  I've never had any problems with the beep and the people around me never seem to have any problems with it.  I've had one person ask and I tell them that its just a low battery.  No one panics.  They stick around to see the drone up close and I show it off to the kids with them.

Exactly, thank you! Me too I always explain what is happening when there are people around and so far they always have been fascinated about what the little aircraft can do and how smart it is.
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I've read way too many tales from people on this forum saying that their battery was going down and they were so far out and they KNEW that they had enough battery to play around for another 5 minutes and wound up crashing their drone because the battery went dead on them.  I err on the side of caution.  My low battery alarm is set at 30%.  When it goes off, I head for home and land no matter how close I am.  I want that Beep to continually remind me that it's time to take it home and don't play around any more.  It doesn't cause any panic in me or anyone around me.  But I want that Constant Reminder that Time is running out and it needs to LAND!  
2018-7-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-23 13:04
I've read way too many tales from people on this forum saying that their battery was going down and they were so far out and they KNEW that they had enough battery to play around for another 5 minutes and wound up crashing their drone because the battery went dead on them.  I err on the side of caution.  My low battery alarm is set at 30%.  When it goes off, I head for home and land no matter how close I am.  I want that Beep to continually remind me that it's time to take it home and don't play around any more.  It doesn't cause any panic in me or anyone around me.  But I want that Constant Reminder that Time is running out and it needs to LAND!

And with this caution you have all chances to enjoy it for a very long time. I wish you always happy landings!
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Sweden

So to summarize , lets have this as an option for the pilot to decide on.
Then both BOB and JON can be happy.
2018-7-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

jojo-MavicPro Posted at 2018-7-24 00:43
So to summarize , lets have this as an option for the pilot to decide on.
Then both BOB and JON can be happy.

There are ways to customize your drone, YouTube “digdat0” many instructional videos on taking control of your drones settings as well as eliminating annoying sounds...
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules