2218 34 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaCameron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66391 ft
New Zealand

HI
In January, my under warranty Mavic Pro descended into the ocean automatically, with 10% battery remaining.  For the last 6 months, I have had to deal with the very frustrating customer 'service' of DJI.  Initially for a repair/replacement - but now i have given up and I just would like them to send my broken drone back - which they are refusing to do.  6 months of hundreds of emails, a rotating cast of DJI support people with no clear person in charge - all very polite, all seemingly apologetic, but all completely dismissive and ineffective, endlessly referring the case to each other and telling me they were escalating without doing anything- it was all BS designed to just outwait the consumer until surrender .  I was told they do not support NZ drones.  I was told it was all my fault.  I was offered a drone at an inflated price that would exceed what I could purchase one here for, despite not needing a controller/battery/etc.  I said no.  I asked for the drone back.  They emailed me to tell me they were sending back the drone.  NOthing arrived.  Then they reversed this and told me I had to pay for this.  I have told them I just want the drone so I can go away, and I will not give any more $$ to a company that takes 6 months and still cannot come up with any resolution.  It is a $25 dollar shipping cost that they have spent dozens of man-hours and months fighting - a company that fights this hard for such little $, knowing full well they will lose the customer as a result - astounding.  

For fellow Kiwis and Australians - it is important that before you buy you understand that this is not like the customer service you are familiar with. DJIs service department is in Hong Kong.  You will initially feel good when you talk to customer support, and are apologized to and told that they will get right at it, but as the days and weeks go by and you speak to rep after rep, no one truly listening but everyone apologizing  - you realize that it is all a show.  
For NZ consumers - There is no DJI support here, and you will be treated like second class citizens.  You will be paying more than your Australian friends - to ship it back and forth.  

My advice to all NZ consumers would be to not buy DJI until they commit to NZ support, and until they raise there standards for support.  The tech may be nice, but when you have a problem with it, and you likely will - 6 months of stress and being fobbed off is not worth it.  

scott
CAS-1429551-G7Z0Z3
CAS-1828833-Z9C9Q0
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Scott, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. Your feedback to our customer service is very much appreciated as we know the importance of customers experience and feedbacks to our business continuity.  Moving forward, your concern has been forwarded to our Managerial Team for further handling. Please keep your line open as they will contact you within 48 working hours. Hoping for your understanding. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks Diana.  I am sure that I come across as cynical, but I will not get my hopes up at this stage.  I have been escalated before and there has been no progress and no sense that maintaining a relationship with a consumer had value.  

regards
scott
2018-7-19
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Scott,

Your story is not unique to the Netherlands. Unfortunately DJI's customer service is frustrating to say the least and pretty bad across the board. You can never really talk to a local office in your country and instead get bounced around to other countries where I have encountered language barriers. They will sometimes speak broken English and are very hard to understand. When you ask to be transferred to a US based customer service rep, they are unable to do it and instead tell you they will have someone call you within 24 to 48 hours.  Thats not acceptable.

I am presently escalated as my drone I ordered never got to me. Fedex advised them it was an empty box so why am I waiting for another one to be shipped? Thats not my problem but thats a whole other story. I will post my results under a separate post.

For such a great company that makes a great product, why would they skimp out on providing decent customer service?
They need to take some pointers from companies like Amazon that can't seem to do enough for the customer.
Other companies have made great products but have since failed because their customer service was just that poor.

If another drone company such as Autel makes a half way decent drone and provides great customer service, they could succeed in having a major seller. At that time, DJI might reconsider its philosophy on providing acceptable customer service.

DJI if you are listening, let me again emphasize, you make great products and I love them all. I have 3 of your drones and am waiting for a fourth. This post was meant to be constructive in nature and i hope it helps.

Thanks for the great post Scott. It needs to be said.

Jeff
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-21 12:32
Scott,

Your story is not unique to the Netherlands. Unfortunately DJI's customer service is frustrating to say the least and pretty bad across the board. You can never really talk to a local office in your country and instead get bounced around to other countries where I have encountered language barriers. They will sometimes speak broken English and are very hard to understand. When you ask to be transferred to a US based customer service rep, they are unable to do it and instead tell you they will have someone call you within 24 to 48 hours.  Thats not acceptable.

Jeff, thanks for sharing your experience with our customer service and we sincerely apologize for what happened, we undertsand we have much need to improve and we are working on it. Your feedback will be forwarded to our management department for attention.
May I have your order number so that we could escalate your case? We are unable to get your order info with your Forum account at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-7-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mindy, I will forward you the order number on a PM but its already escalated.
My point is that this is what we in the US call a "no brainer". Why would the customer have to wait for a resolution between the company and its shipping partner.
I have never seen this with any other company before.

I will forward you the information for whatever it's worth.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-22 08:57
Mindy, I will forward you the order number on a PM but its already escalated.
My point is that this is what we in the US call a "no brainer". Why would the customer have to wait for a resolution between the company and its shipping partner.
I have never seen this with any other company before.

Hi Jeff, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.
2018-7-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys, I am pleased to say that DJI came through and shipped me a new drone directly from China which got here in two days. I am hoping that this is an indicator that DJI is getting the message from all of us. I am sorry to all you other folks who went through the non responsive time but your complaints might have expedited this. Thanks DJI for the quick response to this incident!
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-27 09:20
Guys, I am pleased to say that DJI came through and shipped me a new drone directly from China which got here in two days. I am hoping that this is an indicator that DJI is getting the message from all of us. I am sorry to all you other folks who went through the non responsive time but your complaints might have expedited this. Thanks DJI for the quick response to this incident!

Hi jazzyjeff, thanks for keeping us updated and glad to know the issue was figured out, hope you have a great experience with Mavic Pro, we will keep improving our customer service, should you have any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-7-27
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-27 09:20

Hi Jazzyjeff,

I am very happy that you got your issue resolved - good on ya mate.

I have had no response from DJI.  Perhaps this is because I am in unsupported NZ, not the US.  Or perhaps I have been flagged for some reason.

I posted this on the forum 19/7 - and had an immediate public reply from DJI Diana saying that it would be escalated to a managerial team and I would be contacted in 48 hours.  This did not happen. (It is impressive how closely DJI monitors their image on the forums, however).   I did get an email on 20 Jul from Mike B - who assured me that "You will be contacted by one of our colleagues from the escalations department soon".   That was 9 days ago and there has been not even an email since.  It is now over 6 months since I mailed my drone to DJI - and I still cannot get a resolution (or even a straight answer) to this.  It appears the endless circle of internal referrals and no-one authorised or entrusted to make a decision - continues.  How much longer?  1 year, more?

I have tried my best to communicate clearly and professionally, and I had even offered to pay $$$ for a repair - pretty much the same price for a new drone if not more.  In short I have been a pretty good and pretty patient customer.  What I am waiting for now is for DJI to show me it is a good company.  What I have experienced  in the last 6 months of fob-offs is far removed from this.

At the 6 month mark I have given up trying to get my Drone repaired.  All I am asking for now is they ship me back the broken drone so I can not deal with them again.  

regards scott
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SaCameron Posted at 2018-7-28 16:00
Hi Jazzyjeff,

I am very happy that you got your issue resolved - good on ya mate.

Scott, I am so sorry for keeping you waiting, I will confirm your case with the proper team and will have them to contact you soon in working days. Regretful for your difficulties, thank you for your patience.
2018-7-28
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Scott, I am sorry you are going through this pal. I am not sure what to think? I would think that DJI should be responsive to your repair. I have not heard of a repair not getting done from US based customers. I subscribe to a lot of the Youtube channels that deal with Drones and they all say that it takes a little while like 3 weeks to a month but they seem to get them back?

My case was entirely different Scott as i did not even receive my drone originally from the DJI store. DJI or Fedex (I dont know which) either shipped an empty box or the order was lost by Fedex. I was dealing with support guys from different parts of the country that were telling me all sorts of erroneous information. One guy actually told me is that they would issue a refund only but I could not get the drone?? Bad training if you ask me. I finally emailed the right person at DJI in China and they made things happen. I got my drone in 2 days after shipment to the states from China.  

Email support in China and dont waste your time on the phone with those people from all over the place. DJI knows they have a problem and they are trying to fix the situation. Dont give up pal and keep the faiith!

PS Curious Scott, which drone are you trying to get repaired?

2018-7-29
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-7-29 08:52
Scott, I am sorry you are going through this pal. I am not sure what to think? I would think that DJI should be responsive to your repair. I have not heard of a repair not getting done from US based customers. I subscribe to a lot of the Youtube channels that deal with Drones and they all say that it takes a little while like 3 weeks to a month but they seem to get them back?

My case was entirely different Scott as i did not even receive my drone originally from the DJI store. DJI or Fedex (I dont know which) either shipped an empty box or the order was lost by Fedex. I was dealing with support guys from different parts of the country that were telling me all sorts of erroneous information. One guy actually told me is that they would issue a refund only but I could not get the drone?? Bad training if you ask me. I finally emailed the right person at DJI in China and they made things happen. I got my drone in 2 days after shipment to the states from China.  

Thanks mate.  A Mavic Pro.  Its a shame as I have spent a lot of $$ of accessories (Goggles, extra controller, battery) and was really keen to continue this experience with DJI - but this experience has really opened my eyes about their support model - they really went out of their way to lose this customer.

Despite all the happy emails about how it is being escalated, management review, blah blah blah - I was right to be cynical  - it all was a complete and utter hoax.   I got another email again from the same woman who has refused to budge for the last 6 months - Jenny - saying either pay for a new drone or pay a courier to come get your broken drone - as DJI refuses to ship it back to NZ (they do not support NZ).  I have been on a roller coaster for 6 months, being told one thing (like "we'll fix your drone", or ", we will ship it back") only to come crashing back to earth when I get emails from reps like Jenny that make it clear that Public DJI is not the same as Private DJI and that the customer must pay up or go away.  To me the issue has never been about money - I dont give a crap about cost - but about fairness and customer service.  I guess this terrible experience will only end when I give DJI another $40 to send back my broken drone 6 months later.  It would have been a lot kinder for DJI just to inform me up front that they dont support NZ drones and that I should have just saved the shipping and just binned it.

But i am glad you got your drone Jeff and thanks for the consoling words.

cheers
scott      
2018-7-30
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-28 18:14
Scott, I am so sorry for keeping you waiting, I will confirm your case with the proper team and will have them to contact you soon in working days. Regretful for your difficulties, thank you for your patience.

Hi Thor
I got an email from the same person - Jenny - who has been fobbing me off for the last 6 months, telling me the same line - basically for me to send DJI $$ so you can ship my broken unrepaired drone back to me in NZ - as you do not support NZ drones or cannot ship to NZ.   What happened to the escalation, or sending this to the Managerial team?  DJI has emailed to say they were going to send the broken drone back to me, now Jenny says it is my problem.  Which is it?  It has been over 6 months now and I need to just move on.  I was once so happy with DJI and now am so disappointed.
scott
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SaCameron Posted at 2018-7-30 22:29
Hi Thor
I got an email from the same person - Jenny - who has been fobbing me off for the last 6 months, telling me the same line - basically for me to send DJI $$ so you can ship my broken unrepaired drone back to me in NZ - as you do not support NZ drones or cannot ship to NZ.   What happened to the escalation, or sending this to the Managerial team?  DJI has emailed to say they were going to send the broken drone back to me, now Jenny says it is my problem.  Which is it?  It has been over 6 months now and I need to just move on.  I was once so happy with DJI and now am so disappointed.
scott

Hi Scott, Jenny is from the DJI Customer Care Team and handles the customer's complaint, we have double verified with her, sorry that we are unable to cover the cost shipping the drone back to New Zealand at the moment, shipping label is not available for some countries and regions because of various reasons, like the government policy, the tax and duty policy and so on.
We are working on expanding our customer service around the world, but currently, if you’d like to have your old unit sent back, please kindly provide us a valid address in Australia or arrange the courier to pick up the unit. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your cooperation.
2018-7-30
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi Mindy
It all sounds so complicated.Tell me how much money you need from me and where to send it to end this ordeal.
I want to end this this now - just tell me how much money you want.
Why do you sell drones in NZ but not support in NZ?  My drone was bought in NZ but you told me you do not ship or support NZ - so perhaps you should stop selling here..

thanks for your cooperation
scott
2018-7-31
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi Jenny
It seems from your reply that Jenny is from Management and that you are following orders.  Do you really think that $30-$40 is too much for DJI to retain a customer?

thanks
scott
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SaCameron Posted at 2018-7-31 01:26
Hi Jenny
It seems from your reply that Jenny is from Management and that you are following orders.  Do you really think that $30-$40 is too much for DJI to retain a customer?

Hi Scott, we sincerely apologize that we are unable to shoulder the shipping cost according to the policy, we are verifying with the local team of what to do next, we will keep following up your case and keep you updated soon, thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

After 7 months now of DJI refusing to repair or ship my drone back to me - and after countless 'escalations'  - I got an email saying that DJI has redone a damage assessment and the new repair quote is $100!  I thought how great this is.   I paid it - barely able to believe that I would someday get my drone back.  2 days later Jenny writes to tell me that  - surprise - the $100 is just for us to ship the broken drone back to you.  (bear in mind that I had spent $28 AUD shipping it to Australia DJI - so quite a big markup!).
Everytime I think that DJI is going to do the right thing by a consumer - I get my hopes dashed.  This is not the first email that has promised something - then reversed when the DJI 'customer service' rep figures they can make some more money from me.  This time was actually dishonest (or if you are charitable - really really bad communication).  I would like my $100 back - as I have told Jenny - if DJI supports NZ, and they have any decency about taking 7 months to deal with a case, then ship my broken drone back to me like they would in any DJI-supported countries.  
2018-8-7
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

[attach]100677[/at Screenshot 8:08:18, 2.jpeg
Here is the email from DJI I was sent which clearly indicates that damage was reassessed on 6/8/18 and that the quote to repair the Mavic Pro is $100.  How can I then be told after I paid that this is not for a repair, but just the cost to ship the destroyed drone backm to NZ?  This is very misleading and poor communication.  And $100 AUD to cover shipping which is actually 25AUD?  Is this DJI customer service?  Come on DJI - I really want to endorse your product - but 7 months of this kind of stuff has left me very frustrated.

scott

2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-7 16:25
[view_image]
Here is the email from DJI I was sent which clearly indicates that damage was reassessed on 6/8/18 and that the quote to repair the Mavic Pro is $100.  How can I then be told after I paid that this is not for a repair, but just the cost to ship the destroyed drone backm to NZ?  This is very misleading and poor communication.  And $100 AUD to cover shipping which is actually 25AUD?  Is this DJI customer service?  Come on DJI - I really want to endorse your product - but 7 months of this kind of stuff has left me very frustrated.

Hi Scott, we're sorry for the confusion due to the email template. You can check the quotation as below, it is the freight cost that we checked with the shipping company, we sincerely apologize if this bothers you.
quotation.png
2018-8-8
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Susan,
" A quote detailing the cost to repair your Mavic Pro is attached' , and Total : 100.00 "- this is not confusing - this is very clear, and very not cool.

I was foolish to take this at face value given my 7 month experience with DJI support.  I figured - well, it says that the damage has been reassessed, and a new quote for repair is attached, and how could shipping from AU to NZ possibly be 100? I was naive in thinking that this could ever have a satisfactory resolution.  (and for the record - over the last 7 months I have never asked for anything but a fair discount).  

I remain really unimpressed with DJI Service ability to communicate anything but empty apologies.

scott
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-8 14:10
Susan,
" A quote detailing the cost to repair your Mavic Pro is attached' , and Total : 100.00 "- this is not confusing - this is very clear, and very not cool.

Hi Scott, please ignore the email template and pay attention to the quotation details like Susan mentioned, we have double confirmed with the local repair team that 100 AUD is the freight cost instead of the repair cost, which means, we will arrange to return the drone to you without repair when you pay for the freight fee, we have done our best to escalate the case, thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-9
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Mindy

Sure- I will ignore what you email me as your words are clearly false and your intent clear.  Not on my side-  got it.  Save your words.

To be clear, no one here has done their best.  And I appreciate that you are unable to challenge Jenny who is clearly at a higher level and clearly cannot be questioned.  

I am concerned about the culture of a company that defers to internal authority rather than doing the right thing by the customer- “just following orders” is no longer a good justification, even if it guarantees job security.  I do not accept the $100 fee for you to screw me again- please refund my money that you got on false pretences  and I will arrange a pickup so that we can end this ordeal without this final insult.  DJI has not earned any more of my trust or money.  I offered $1000 aid to replace the drone and you have told me to bugger off, though I could have purchased a new refurb unit for less. Customer service - give me a break.  It is better at McDonalds..

DJI has a lot to learn from more established companies about maintaining the trust and business of customers.  As a rule of thumb- communicate well, be helpful, knowledgeable, and transparent, and don’t try to screw customers for short term profit - instead look for long term loyalty.  

Scott

2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-9 00:36
Mindy

Sure- I will ignore what you email me as your words are clearly false and your intent clear.  Not on my side-  got it.  Save your words.

Scott, we do have communicated with the higher level and this is the resolution from the management team, we will verify with them again to see if the 100 AUD can be refunded, Jenny will also keep following up your case, thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Scott,
What I have found in the past with DJI is that when you are communicating with them, they try to communicate in English the best they know how. The problem is that certain things get lost in the translation with them.  So what you mean to send is not perceived fully and is misunderstood. The message never gets fully comprehended.
I experienced this with the phone support. Frustrating at best. Hence my suggestion to them to have support people available for the countries that they sell to who are in that country.  
Good luck pal and I almost feel your pain.
This really wants to make me be real careful with my "birds" and use the prop guards like training wheels on a bike. I don't want to crash and have to send the thing back!
What a nightmare!
2018-8-9
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks Jeff,
I suspect you are right - and I have no issue with nonperfect verbal communication - but I have had several official emails from DJI that very clearly say or promise something that is then immediately disavowed by DJI Service - this is what is so frustrating as I keep getting sucked back into this.  If they would have been straight up with me back in January when they received the drone that it was buggered and DJI will not offer any compromise - then it would have been a lot easier to take than wildly false emails 7 months later...  
scott
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-10 03:47
Thanks Jeff,
I suspect you are right - and I have no issue with nonperfect verbal communication - but I have had several official emails from DJI that very clearly say or promise something that is then immediately disavowed by DJI Service - this is what is so frustrating as I keep getting sucked back into this.  If they would have been straight up with me back in January when they received the drone that it was buggered and DJI will not offer any compromise - then it would have been a lot easier to take than wildly false emails 7 months later...  
scott

Hi Scott, sorry for disturbing you. Have you received Jenny's email? If you have any further doubts, please kindly reply the email directly. Alternatively, as mentioned above, we'll send the package to your NZ address with your confirmation. Appreciate your time.
2018-8-16
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi Susan,
Jenny asked me again to just send her $100 AUD in order to end this.

Here was my response:

hello Jenny,

I would appreciate if you did not try to make yet more money off of this disappointed customer.  You sent me an invoice that said that the damage had been re-assessed, and that it was for REPAIR and return of the drone.  Now you are saying that the email was incorrect, that it must be some translational problem, and you want $100 AUD to ship me back my broken drone.

I had asked you to send it back to me because I cannot continue at 7 months with the stress this has caused me and I just want to walk away from dealing with DJI  -  as I had  spent just $30 AUD to send it to you, I did not expect you to try to charge me now over 3 times more than shipping actually costs.  I do not want to pay $110 NZD for shipping as this is a ridiculously inflated amount that reaffirms to me that you put money before customer loyalty 100% of the time, and because your emails promised me otherwise (but what is a promise?).  I will pay you $50 AUD so this ordeal can end, and you will have my eternal disappointment with DJI Service and lack of support for NZ customers.  Buyer beware.

scott
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-17 04:43
Hi Susan,
Jenny asked me again to just send her $100 AUD in order to end this.

Scott, there might be some misunderstanding. As mentioned above, it is not DJI charge the shipping cost, but the Express company. If you have proper shipping company, please kindly name it, we'll also check with them.
2018-8-17
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Susan
Not a misunderstanding but rather misinformation from Jenny. Please let us be honest with each other.
Please ship it Aus Post as this is only 30-40 AUD.

thank you

standard

standard

express

express
2018-8-17
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

Susan,
can you tell me why  DJI is doing this, after 7 long  months of emails and angst- why you think that another $50 is worth all it?  
I just want my broken drone back and am willing to pay what it actually costs to end it.  Please don’t twist the knife.

Scott
2018-8-17
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-17 06:24
Susan
Not a misunderstanding but rather misinformation from Jenny. Please let us be honest with each other.
Please ship it Aus Post as this is only 30-40 AUD.

Considering the Express shipping with tracking number, 100usd is fair to send a drone with package, especially acrossing the borders.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-17 06:24
Susan
Please ship it Aus Post as this is only 30-40 AUD.

Received with thanks! I'll coordinate the team and see whether it is doable.
2018-8-19
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.2
New Zealand

thank you susan.
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules