My First Travel Video
846 22 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Hello DJI family!

I got my Mavic Air a few weeks ago and had the pleasure (sort of) of taking it with me to Maui. I feature some of it's footage in the video below (1:47, 1:55, and 2:02) and although the majority of the video is filmed on a Hero6, I thought I'd drop this here since you guys are so supportive.
The "sort of" is just due to the high winds in Maui causing my Mavic Air some issue, as well as the restrictions on flying... Pretty much the two reasons for the limited drone shot features in the video. I am going to Ecuador in August and hoping to make a very drone-heavy video in the future

I'm really looking to connect with anyone who can give me some input on how to take better shots, how to do better editing in post, etc., I want to be better at this craft!!

So let me know your thoughts either here or through the comments of the video - I really appreciate it

2018-7-19
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

great video thanks for posting!
2018-7-19
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-7-19 19:56
great video thanks for posting!

Thanks TO! Really appreciate the support. Probably moving over there (Toronto) come January haha!
2018-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2018-7-19
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you Woe - appreciate you taking a look. I'm glad you think it's alright! Hopefully will improve with the coming videos
2018-7-19
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice job, I'm going to the big island in November GoPro5 & Mavic Air in hand.
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Beautiful video, thank you!
2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very good work   
2018-7-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice  
2018-7-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a damn good video!  Great song selection too.
You have definitely found a good place to get tips and pointers on how to get better shots, but the ones in this video were pretty good.  Be sure to come back and post your video from Ecuador!  We'll look forward to seeing that!
Safe travels, and happy flying!
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-7-19 21:01
Nice job, I'm going to the big island in November GoPro5 & Mavic Air in hand.

Yes! You will love it. I got hit by wind a bit and my Mavic was really struggling (being a novice I didn't feel comfortable). I am sending good vibes your way that the big island is a little less extreme so you can snag some awesome captures
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 23:59
Beautiful video, thank you!

Thank you! Really glad you enjoyed it
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks A CW! Glad you enjoyed it
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

Appreciate you taking a look and the support jacksonnai - means a lot for my first video haha
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-7-20 04:58
That's a damn good video!  Great song selection too.
You have definitely found a good place to get tips and pointers on how to get better shots, but the ones in this video were pretty good.  Be sure to come back and post your video from Ecuador!  We'll look forward to seeing that!
Safe travels, and happy flying!

Thank you so much for the in-depth comment 3-D, having people here enjoy it is definitely motivating for my next one. I'll keep watching youtube tutorials on filming and editing tips and hope I can deliver something even better next time

I am SO excited for Ecuador as I think I'll be able to get way more shots there and the landscape is beautiful. It is also a solo trip so I can take more time thinking about my shots without worrying about my significant other being bored haha!

Thanks again for the support, really appreciate it
2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

thanks for sharing a nice video; please share your video from Ecuador and safe travel there
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LesDroneGuy Posted at 2018-7-20 08:29
Thanks A CW! Glad you enjoyed it

You're welcome     
2018-7-20
Use props
LesDroneGuy
lvl.2
Canada

dronto Posted at 2018-7-20 09:33
thanks for sharing a nice video; please share your video from Ecuador and safe travel there

Appreciate it dronto! I will definitely share that video and I'm hoping the trip goes smoothly... Everyone keeps telling me their horror stories from a "friend of a friend" but I'm not discouraged - I'll make sure to travel safe and hope nothing bad is in the cards for me
2018-7-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Appreciate you taking a look and the support jacksonnai - means a lot for my first video haha

you are welcome!
2018-7-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

keep it up!
2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

LesDroneGuy Posted at 2018-7-20 11:53
Appreciate it dronto! I will definitely share that video and I'm hoping the trip goes smoothly... Everyone keeps telling me their horror stories from a "friend of a friend" but I'm not discouraged - I'll make sure to travel safe and hope nothing bad is in the cards for me

Cool, look forward to your wonderful shots! Have fun in Ecuador
2018-7-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

LesDroneGuy Posted at 2018-7-20 08:32
Thank you so much for the in-depth comment 3-D, having people here enjoy it is definitely motivating for my next one. I'll keep watching youtube tutorials on filming and editing tips and hope I can deliver something even better next time

I am SO excited for Ecuador as I think I'll be able to get way more shots there and the landscape is beautiful. It is also a solo trip so I can take more time thinking about my shots without worrying about my significant other being bored haha!

That's cool.. I understand the feeling of trying to keep the significant other happy.  A friend and I are planning a mountain trip to go get some really quality GUY time.  Golf, drones and computers.  Should be a great trip!

Best of luck to you!  
2018-7-20
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Cool video.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now