Issues with Remote/IPhoneX connecting via WiFi to Mavic Air
715 4 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CVRTIS
New
United States

Hello,
So I just (yesterday) purchased a Mavic Air (Fly More Combo) and I've already reached some issues....

First off, I CAN fly the drone with my Iphone X w/o the remote and everything seems to work fine. Nothing during the connection process was out of the ordinary in comparison to the manual and video tutorials.

But, I would much rather fly with the remote that was provided...

Which then comes the issue...

As soon as I connect the remote to the drone and switch to the camera view, no camera feed is visible and It shows I have no Wifi connection to the drone at all. Thus, I can't start anything up, see anything, or fly.

I tried reinstalling firmware to the drone through the assistant app and even reinstalled the iphone app as well. Neither has worked so far..

I called DJI and they couldn't give me any helpful insight and told me to do what I had already done... again.. lol

Can anyone help?

2018-7-19
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

try this

Leave the drone off
Turn on the remote control, access the DJI GO and ask to make the wired connection (RC - no camera view).
Then follow the on-screen instructions.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-19 17:50
try this

Leave the drone off

Every time I read about Mavic Air and WiFi connection problems; the following comes to mind: What were they  (DJI) Thinking?

WiFi is often flaky and spotty at best in house / business environment.  Strong WiFi signal in one area, weak signal in another area that is closer to WiFi router.
Two of the most common connection problem questions asked by ISP's and makers of all things Internet are - Are you using WiFi to connect?  Have you tried Ethernet cable?

2018-7-19
Use props
HipFlop
lvl.1
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-19 17:50
try this

Leave the drone off

I had same issue and used TZero's solution.  It worked.  Thanks much
2019-1-11
Use props
TZero