Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 with Bluestacks
13557 19 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Gray
lvl.1

United States

I've not been able to find an exact answer to my question. What USB is required to get the RC-Controller and PC talking?

I do NOT want to use wifi as I'm going great distances most of the time.

My goal is to use Bluestacks (on my laptop) as my "mobile device", and run the Mavic Pro in RC mode. Thanks all!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, we don't recommend using a 3rd party or unofficial software because it may affect the performance of your drone. May I know if your planning to fly the aircraft outside your VLOS?
2018-7-20
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

I would be very dubious about using Bluestacks, I've had very limited success using it in general, plus to be honest the Android version of the DJI GO app seems to get the most criticism for being less stable than the iOS version.

I'm wondering why you don't just use an Android tablet or phone connected to the RC? This makes no difference to the distances involved.

2018-7-20
Use props
Michael Gray
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-20 00:58
Hi there, we don't recommend using a 3rd party or unofficial software because it may affect the performance of your drone. May I know if your planning to fly the aircraft outside your VLOS?

I'm willing to risk it.

No, the drone is simply going further than Wifi range. Why?

With respect neither the statement or question address my question. What type of USB should I be using?
2018-7-20
Use props
Michael Gray
lvl.1

United States

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-7-20 02:45
I would be very dubious about using Bluestacks, I've had very limited success using it in general, plus to be honest the Android version of the DJI GO app seems to get the most criticism for being less stable than the iOS version.

I'm wondering why you don't just use an Android tablet or phone connected to the RC? This makes no difference to the distances involved.

The android version works fine for me. I've had no issues, unless my phone gets too warm. Then I simply remove my protective case.

Bigger storage, records directly to my editing station, MUCH bigger screen.

As I mentioned in the previous reply. You didn't address my only real question: What type of USB is required to get the PC and RC-Controller communicating with one another?

Thanks!
2018-7-20
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I suspect to answer your question fully DJI would have to give you information relating to the way in which the RC "see's" the mobile devices and that is probably unlikely since they won't want people messing around with feeding the output of the RC into things other than a supported mobile device.
You can connect the RC to a PC with a micro-USB to USB A for purposes of updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant software, so at the very least the PC will recognise the controller, whether or not you can make that USB device available within the BlueStacks app is something I can't answer, but the simple answer is, connect your RC to your PC and it will recognise it, BUT, only if you have the DJI Assistant software installed as I believe it installs hardware drivers for the RC and the Mavic itself.

If you can get that information out of them I'd be very surprised, DJI aren't going to want to sanction you doing this, for multiple reasons. A simple Google search shows the information I've posted above, but you'll have to try it with BlueStacks and see if the emulated DJI GO app will pickup the RC or not as a passthrough USB device.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but I see several mentions of WiFi range, what has WiFi got to do with anything? If you're in RC mode then WiFi is irrelevant. Unless I've misunderstood something.

Also, the recording directly to your editing station, I'm not sure I understand, the app caches the video feed but I don't believe it's a fully quality copy, so can't see why you'd want to cache lower res footage when the good stuff is on the SD card.

2018-7-20
Use props
Michael Gray
lvl.1

United States

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-7-20 06:40
I suspect to answer your question fully DJI would have to give you information relating to the way in which the RC "see's" the mobile devices and that is probably unlikely since they won't want people messing around with feeding the output of the RC into things other than a supported mobile device.
You can connect the RC to a PC with a micro-USB to USB A for purposes of updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant software, so at the very least the PC will recognise the controller, whether or not you can make that USB device available within the BlueStacks app is something I can't answer, but the simple answer is, connect your RC to your PC and it will recognise it, BUT, only if you have the DJI Assistant software installed as I believe it installs hardware drivers for the RC and the Mavic itself.

I'll try the USB cable mentioned. Thanks. As for DJI's cooperation I hope you're incorrect. Should I find an answer i'll post here for anyone trying to recreate my experiment.

I've mentioned WIFI to weed out post of "Just use the wifi". Also, I think the admin that posted was alluding to using Wifi. I'm honestly not sure from their post.

I don't think it records in lesser quality. Regardless, I'd like to get it up and running. If still have to move the files I will.

Thank you for the info. I'm still welcoming any additional info from onlookers.
2018-7-20
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've just had a play around with BlueStacks, it appears it doesn't support the passing through of specific USB devices, even USB memory sticks so I'd say your unlikely to make this happen. I've found several forum posts dating back a few years with people asking to be able to "connect" a USB device to the Android OS running on BlueStacks and not a single one has an answer. This is more a question for BlueStacks than DJI as the limiting factor seems to be that and not what the RC can or can't do over USB.
2018-7-20
Use props
atlasdsd90
New

Myanmar

Bluestacks app player is good for window. i can play my all android games on my pc. one thing i like most is easy to download in my pc because of  small size file.
2018-7-22
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 549180 ft
Greece

Have a look here

Here

2018-7-29
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Greece

And here too.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1653715
2018-7-29
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Greece

Connect the micro-USB port of the RC to the PC using the USB-to-USB-C cable plus the USB-C to micro-USB adapter that came with MA. Power on the RC while connected to PC.
Then run DJI Go 4 App in BlueStacks. The RC now video outputs to the virtualised DJI GO 4 Android App within BlueStacks.
You may need to initiate the linking process again.
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_yjSS5ZIdB0Rd
New

Philippines

Yes i think you can Download Bluestacks it 's way more easy.
2018-10-9
Use props
Binibest
New

Do you solve your problem? I've the same
2019-9-8
Use props
djiuser_iSy3memVnMdi
New

India

Earlier i was facing some issues with bluestacks, but ever since i've updated to bluestacks 4 it's working fine!!
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_TEiskbN81W5b
New

Argentina

Simple download blue stack package. then install it on your laptop, or pc. and then install any app which you want to download.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_TEiskbN81W5b
New

Mexico

did you get your solution or still facing the issue? if yes then check this topfreedownloadsoft .com
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_dRnksJLmju1V
New

Pakistan

Thankyou for sharing. i am facing same problem.
2021-9-28
Use props
djiuser_dRnksJLmju1V
New

Pakistan

Simple download blue stack package. then install it on your laptop, or pc. and then install any app which you want to download. https://minimilitiamodapk.info/
2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_dRnksJLmju1V
New

Pakistan

Thankyou for sharing. check our test related website https://easycpstest.com
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules