CrystalSky Monitor Camera View Doesn't Work
5727 35 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAK13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65400 ft
United States

Heres my problem I activated the HDMI mode on the CS, but only the Copy Screen mode works. If I try Camera View, all I can see is the last screen I had on the CS while in Copy Screen mode, nothing live. Picture in Picture also is of no use. Basically all I can get from the CS HDMI port is an exact copy of the CS screen, which includes all the OSD data which doesn't work well for a live broadcast. Anyone had this problem and know of a fix?
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-7-21
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

2018-8-10
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

I also thought you were supposed to be able to swipe up in the app for full screen as well.....is that not an option anymore?
2018-8-10
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-21 00:05
Sorry for the troubles. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.

It would be nice to get an answer on this problem please
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-8-11 04:40
It would be nice to get an answer on this problem please

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue appear every time? May I have the current CS and APP version? I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks so much!
As for the full screen, you may check it from here: General Settings>Full Screen>Single Finger/Double Finger.
2018-8-14
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-14 00:39
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue appear every time? May I have the current CS and APP version? I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks so much!
As for the full screen, you may check it from here: General Settings>Full Screen>Single Finger/Double Finger.

Yes it happens all the time.
CrystalSky V02.06.06.00
DJI GO v3.1.38
2018-8-14
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-14 00:39

I also have no full screen option in my general settings.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-8-14 17:51
Yes it happens all the time.
CrystalSky V02.06.06.00
DJI GO v3.1.38

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers to check and analysis. As for the option of full screen, it is a setting of DJI GO 4, instead of DJI GO, sorry about this.
2018-8-16
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-16 03:38
Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers to check and analysis. As for the full screen, it is a setting of DJI GO 4, instead of DJI GO, sorry about this.

So there is no full screen option in the DJI Go App? Seems odd. The reason I bought the Crystal Sky was for the clean camera view out and now that doesn't work!
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-8-16 14:39
So there is no full screen option in the DJI Go App? Seems odd. The reason I bought the Crystal Sky was for the clean camera view out and now that doesn't work!

Sorry for the confusion. I've checked at our end, there is no such an option to choose the way to enter the full screen in DJI GO for now. You may swipe up/down the screen with one finger to enter/exit, that's the default method. If it is still not available, please upload a short video for your operation for double check, thanks!
2018-8-17
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue as DAK13, among other issues and bugs that these monitors have.
2018-8-17
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-17 03:24
Sorry for the confusion. I've checked at our end, there is no such an option to choose the way to enter the full screen in DJI GO for now. You may swipe up/down the screen with one finger to enter/exit, that's the default method. If it is still not available, please upload a short video for your operation for double check, thanks!

Hi Sue.....not sure what you want to see really. I swipe and nothing happens, no full screen mode. With that being said it works on my iPad but not on my CS 5.5. Very frustrating. Whats even more frustrating is DJI treating the older app the DJI Go app and older Drone owners like a red headed step children
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-8-20 04:51
Hi Sue.....not sure what you want to see really. I swipe and nothing happens, no full screen mode. With that being said it works on my iPad but not on my CS 5.5. Very frustrating. Whats even more frustrating is DJI treating the older app the DJI Go app and older Drone owners like a red headed step children

DAK13, sorry for the confusion. I've checked the full screen at my hand as well, it works well both on iPad and CS 5.5. Not sure if there is anything we missed, so we need the operation video and check with our engineers, thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-8-17 16:21
I have exactly the same issue as DAK13, among other issues and bugs that these monitors have.

Hi Altitude Photos, may I have more details of the issues you mentioned? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-8-21
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-21 18:48
Hi Altitude Photos, may I have more details of the issues you mentioned? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Please see this thread: Crystal Sky not fit for purpose

I've reported most of these issues directly to DJI as well, but none of them have yet been fixed, despite waiting nearly a year now.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-8-23 03:26
Please see this thread: Crystal Sky not fit for purpose

I've reported most of these issues directly to DJI as well, but none of them have yet been fixed, despite waiting nearly a year now.

Received with thanks! I'll check and responded in your own post, please keep us posted there, thanks!
2018-8-25
Use props
torben_g
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,
I am also waiting for a solution!
I am scheduled for a flight mission within a couple of weeks where I have promised to  send 1080P video from my Inspire 1 v2. Originally planning to use my CrystalSky 7.85U but now I realize that I can´t get clean HDMI out of the unit I am quite frustrated. .. Is there a technical reason why you only can select Screen Copy in DJI Go? (With my P4P using DJI Go4 everything works as intended)
2018-8-25
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

torben_g Posted at 2018-8-25 00:44
Hi,
I am also waiting for a solution!
I am scheduled for a flight mission within a couple of weeks where I have promised to  send 1080P video from my Inspire 1 v2. Originally planning to use my CrystalSky 7.85U but now I realize that I can´t get clean HDMI out of the unit I am quite frustrated. .. Is there a technical reason why you only can select Screen Copy in DJI Go? (With my P4P using DJI Go4 everything works as intended)

Because they treat the DJI Go App like an unwanted step child.
2018-8-25
Use props
torben_g
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

And I can also confirm that swiping up or down on the CS 7.85U does absolutly nothing. All data overlay is still there...
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: DAK13, I just got an update from our engineers that this issue will be fixed in the next firmware. Thanks so much for your feedback and patience.
2018-9-8
Use props
torben_g
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

Great news! When can we expect this firmware upgrade to be launched?
2018-9-11
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-8 01:52
Update: DAK13, I just got an update from our engineers that this issue will be fixed in the next firmware. Thanks so much for your feedback and patience.

Hi Susan, Any info on when the new firmware will be released I really need this problem fixed my Drone is no good to me without it! Thanks!
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-10-3 05:11
Hi Susan, Any info on when the new firmware will be released I really need this problem fixed my Drone is no good to me without it! Thanks!

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. We do not receive the estimated timeframe for now. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Appreciate your attention and support.
2018-10-10
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-10 04:57
Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. We do not receive the estimated timeframe for now. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Appreciate your attention and support.

Hello Susan thank you for the reply. I have had this problem since day 1 of purchasing the Crystal Sky and its been over 3 months since I first reported the problem. My CS 5.5 is a $500 dollar paper weight right now. This problem NEEDS be addressed ASAP. 3 plus months for an update is way to long. DJI advertises and takes money for a product that does NOT work as described.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 2018-10-10 05:15
Hello Susan thank you for the reply. I have had this problem since day 1 of purchasing the Crystal Sky and its been over 3 months since I first reported the problem. My CS 5.5 is a $500 dollar paper weight right now. This problem NEEDS be addressed ASAP. 3 plus months for an update is way to long. DJI advertises and takes money for a product that does NOT work as described.

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.
2018-10-11
Use props
torben_g
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

Just lost a €2500 job because my customer cancelled the order. This because I had promised to deliver clean 1080P HDMI into a live mixer. Tried to explain that I’m not to blaim but I guess they did not listen. Instead they skipped the whole aerial camera
2018-10-17
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-11 19:12
I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.

Hi Susan......any update on this problem that I have had since July? Its getting a little ridiculous I have had this $500 paper weight on my desk for months. I bought this for the clean HDMI and i has never worked.  
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 11-20 04:42
Hi Susan......any update on this problem that I have had since July? Its getting a little ridiculous I have had this $500 paper weight on my desk for months. I bought this for the clean HDMI and i has never worked.

I understand your situation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I'm checking the exact status with our engineers and will come back later.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 11-20 04:42
Hi Susan......any update on this problem that I have had since July? Its getting a little ridiculous I have had this $500 paper weight on my desk for months. I bought this for the clean HDMI and i has never worked.

Update: DAK13, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from the designated team that there is no specific timeframe for the new firmware. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-22
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 23:43
Update: DAK13, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from the designated team that there is no specific timeframe for the new firmware. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Susan.....Thank you for the reply. I find it unbelievable that a product that cost 100's of dollars that has had a problem with working properly from day one has no firmware update on the horizon. This is poor customer service as I have been promised a fix since July! I purposely bought this monitor for the clean HDMI out for my live streaming business and have not been able to use it at all for work related events. Its  unacceptable the way DJI is treating its customers! I am way past the return of this product and kept it on good faith hoping that there would be a fix in a reasonable amount of time but this BS already and I am tired of the standard line that the engineers are aware of the problem and it will be addressed in the next update. There has not been an update in over 6 months!
2018-11-23
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

DAK13 Posted at 11-23 04:57
Hi Susan.....Thank you for the reply. I find it unbelievable that a product that cost 100's of dollars that has had a problem with working properly from day one has no firmware update on the horizon. This is poor customer service as I have been promised a fix since July! I purposely bought this monitor for the clean HDMI out for my live streaming business and have not been able to use it at all for work related events. Its  unacceptable the way DJI is treating its customers! I am way past the return of this product and kept it on good faith hoping that there would be a fix in a reasonable amount of time but this BS already and I am tired of the standard line that the engineers are aware of the problem and it will be addressed in the next update. There has not been an update in over 6 months!

I have my aircraft & crystal sky both updated to the latest firmware/software. I have no issues getting a live feed from the HDMI cable. I'll sell you mine so you can run your live streaming business lol
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAK13 Posted at 11-23 04:57
Hi Susan.....Thank you for the reply. I find it unbelievable that a product that cost 100's of dollars that has had a problem with working properly from day one has no firmware update on the horizon. This is poor customer service as I have been promised a fix since July! I purposely bought this monitor for the clean HDMI out for my live streaming business and have not been able to use it at all for work related events. Its  unacceptable the way DJI is treating its customers! I am way past the return of this product and kept it on good faith hoping that there would be a fix in a reasonable amount of time but this BS already and I am tired of the standard line that the engineers are aware of the problem and it will be addressed in the next update. There has not been an update in over 6 months!

I have pushed our engineers again, but sorry that we cannot guarantee the release date.
2018-11-26
Use props
Goncalo duarte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15643 ft
Portugal

I have the new mavic 2 Pro and I bought the crystal sky for live image send .(broadcast) and I have the same problem as you. Is real bad from DJI does offer a possibility to send the image with out all the error message and info...even when I try to set  ignore all the message from the app  on the settings does work. In full screen mode does work . And o try to fly on the tripod ,also the icon stat there is horrible ...DJI please try to fix this .or if is fix all ready please tell us how to turn this message of from the hdmi out image. Thanks best regards.
2019-3-30
Use props
Goncalo duarte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15643 ft
Portugal

I have the new mavic 2 Pro and I bought the crystal sky for live image send .(broadcast) and I have the same problem as you. Is real bad from DJI does offer a possibility to send the image with out all the error message and info...even when I try to set  ignore all the message from the app  on the settings does work. In full screen mode does work . And o try to fly on the tripod ,also the icon stat there is horrible ...DJI please try to fix this .or if is fix all ready please tell us how to turn this message of from the hdmi out image. Thanks best regards.
2019-3-30
Use props
New

Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-11-26 04:29
I have pushed our engineers again, but sorry that we cannot guarantee the release date.

Hello! What news? Already 2019, but the problem is still not resolved.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules