If Drone Is Bricked What Then
2523 13 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PcBrewer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281276 ft

United States

Hey guys, I have a Phantom 3 Professional that I accidently bricked updating the firmware.  I am now getting the dreaded:

15 00 device not detected

08 00  device not detected

In the logs.  Believe me I have tried everything.  My question is, if it is bricked, is there a way to do it yourself or do I have to send it in?  Thanks.

2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm really sorry to hear this. We don't recommend fixing the drone by yourself because it can void your warranty. Please contact our support team to start a ticket and send the drone in for a thorough diagnosis. Our team will help to check which parts need to be repaired and will take care of it. Kindly use this link: (http://www.dji.com/support). Thank you for your understanding.
2018-7-20
Use props
PcBrewer
lvl.1

United States

I bought it used and I am sure it is out of warranty.  Can you please give me the steps needed?
2018-7-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good luck on that.  Try doing the upgrade again.
2018-7-20
Use props
PcBrewer
lvl.1

United States

Done all that.  I was wondering if there is like a firmware that re-writes it back to factory.
2018-7-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I had to bite the bullet and give mine to DJI .....

So far - I don't know of any way at home to un-brick the Phantom.

Nigel
2018-7-20
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

PcBrewer Posted at 2018-7-20 06:46
Done all that.  I was wondering if there is like a firmware that re-writes it back to factory.

Did you tried factory reset on DJI assistant 2?
2018-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

There were numerous reports of this in the past, as far as I remember DJI acknowledged the problem at the time. And the only resolutions appears to be a repair.

This is one such thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-41312-1-1.html

If you want to look at others then search Google using following phrase (just copy & paste all below)

site:forum.dji.com 15 00 device not detected 08 00 device not detected
2018-7-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-20 14:07
Did you tried factory reset on DJI assistant 2?

Assistant - I was told this does not work with Phantom 3 of any model.

Nigel
2018-7-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-20 14:07
Did you tried factory reset on DJI assistant 2?

Are you sure it is possible to reset a P3P with software made for the Phantom 4 series?

@OP
It might sound strange but if you have it, try with a another battery in the aircraft, also make sure there is no issues with the gimbal connection.
2018-7-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I agree, I don't think you can use the "assistant-software" with the series 3 aircraft. Best of luck to you.
DJI closely guards any technical explanation of these codes and certainly won't offer any info  about possible fixes, other than "send it in for repair". Might just have to bite the bullet on this one. It's worth having it repaired at this point I would think.

You can't roll the firmware back for sure. If the phantom was ok before the upgrade, are you sure you are using the correct version, and not the one for 3PA? Sorry to ask, but just wondering.
If the firmware truly bricked you bird it is really a shame. Even if it needs a new main board, you can get those new for under $200 or even less if you can find a used one on Ebay. It's not that hard to change out.
2018-7-24
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

PcBrewer Posted at 2018-7-20 06:46

There should be
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-7-24 04:10
I agree, I don't think you can use the "assistant-software" with the series 3 aircraft. Best of luck to you.
DJI closely guards any technical explanation of these codes and certainly won't offer any info  about possible fixes, other than "send it in for repair". Might just have to bite the bullet on this one. It's worth having it repaired at this point I would think.

Yeah, sending it in for a diagnostic is good
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-7-24 04:10
DJI closely guards any technical explanation of these codes and certainly won't offer any info  about possible fixes, other than "send it in for repair". Might just have to bite the bullet on this one. It's worth having it repaired at this point I would think.

Yeah, sending it in for a diagnostic is good
2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules