Spark imu won't calibrate error code 71
6259 12 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SmRUrQvcvwtH
New

Poland

Have really been enjoying using the spark so I am puzzled after having a flight with no problems that I keep getting this error. I traveled to Germany and I got the error there. I thought maybe it was to do with the country so I travelled to Poland and it won't calibrate there either... Its been safely packed and in hand luggage the whole time travelling. Really can't believe it. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark. Have you tried calibrating your IMU? If the issue still persists after repeated calibration. We might need to send the aircraft back for possible repairs of the IMU module.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_SmRUrQvcvwtH
New

Poland

Yes thanks I have tried calibrating it. It got to 2/6 once but after that keeps giving error code 71. How would I send it back?
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_SmRUrQvcvwtH Posted at 2018-7-20 12:45
Yes thanks I have tried calibrating it. It got to 2/6 once but after that keeps giving error code 71. How would I send it back?

Hi, please send an email to support@dji.com. Thank you.
2018-7-20
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

DJIuser,

Our of curiosity. What prompted you to calibrate IMU?

Mirek
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_SmRUrQvcvwtH
New

Poland

It wouldn't work and asked me to calibrate the imu...
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_lAYjZI8IJXIX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38058 ft
Costa Rica

Did you fix the IMU calibration error 71 in the DJI Spark?
2018-9-18
Use props
GBT62
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10620 ft
Philippines

I had this exact IMU error 71 issue on my new, unflown Spark this week.   I spent all day reading, downgrading, upgrading, constantly trying the IMU calibration, but never getting past step 1 of 6 before it failed with the error 71.

For the benefit of others finding this issue later - this old 2016 post was the AHA moment and fixed it .... Accelerometer failed

My Y axis accelerometer was pegged at 16 and never budged.  Two finger taps to the right side of the body - reboot and IMU calibration finally completed and have now been able to do a maiden test flight. Seems that freed the stuck sensor - saving me a multi-week return to DJI support in another city (Christmas freight delays )

There are delicate sensors inside these units - a FRAGILE notation ought to be displayed and better cushioning packaging. Mine was most likely mishandled in factory or in transit.

2018-12-20
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Useful information, thanks for posting.
2018-12-20
Use props
kiko0401
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66831 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem, i live in Brazil, but im going to USA, Miami,  in may. Is possible to fix my problem there? Wait for fix this terrible problem. Thank you.
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_lAYjZI8IJXIX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38058 ft
Costa Rica

GBT62 Posted at 2018-12-20 16:40
I had this exact IMU error 71 issue on my new, unflown Spark this week.   I spent all day reading, downgrading, upgrading, constantly trying the IMU calibration, but never getting past step 1 of 6 before it failed with the error 71.

For the benefit of others finding this issue later - this old 2016 post was the AHA moment and fixed it .... Accelerometer failed

Hi. I had the same issue with my brand new Spark last July 2018. The failed sensors showed the IMU error 71. I read a lot about these sensors and I found a video in YouTube regarding disassembly the Spark. What I did in my case was disconnect and reconnect the sensors wires. That was the cure for my bird. It's flying pretty fine after this process.
2019-5-23
Use props
TheSpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

Try these steps:

1) download dji assistant 2

2) connect spark to dji assistant 2

3) refresh firmware (basically does a new install)

4) do a factory reset

5) disconnect from dji assistant 2

6) test everything on the ground before flying (re calibrate if it prompts you too.)

7) still having problems? ask DJI for help
2019-5-24
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

And as GBT62 posted:

"For the benefit of others finding this issue later - this old 2016 post was the AHA moment and fixed it .... Accelerometer failed

"My Y axis accelerometer was pegged at 16 and never budged.  Two finger taps to the right side of the body - reboot and IMU calibration finally completed and have now been able to do a maiden test flight. Seems that freed the stuck sensor - saving me a multi-week return to DJI support in another city (Christmas freight delays  )"
2019-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules