Phantom 3 Standard Help.
1491 19 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

I've been communicating with DJI directly for the past 3 months and have gotten nowhere. I thought I would open it up to the public as see if anyone in the community could help me.

I purchased my drone and flew it 3 times with no issues. When I turned it on for the 4th time the app said I needed to do a firmware update. I did the update and the drone and the app has not worked since.

The drone flashes red, yellow, green for hours on end and the app says disconnected, but the wifi says connected, no internet.

At the suggestion of DJI I manually re-updated the firmware, manually re-connected the RC, and deleted and re-downloaded the app. Nothing changed.

I mailed the drone to them and paid them $113. They returned the drone to me, but nothing had changed. They asked me to make a video of the problem. I'll include that here:

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm at my wits end. I've been forced to dispute the payment with pay pal and I'm going to file and BBB complaint, but none of this will make the drone fly.
2018-7-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Red yellow green... isn't that the initial boot sequence?  If so, it must be stuck in a loop during the boot.  Or the boot failed and crashed.  DJI should be able to fix it.  
2018-7-20
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Which APP are you using?
2018-7-20
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2018-7-20 17:08
Which APP are you using?

The normal DJI go (before 4) app, but I was thinking about downloading a 3rd party app. Has anybody tried the Litchi app? Are there any other 3rd party apps?
2018-7-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it right back.   An Admin will see your post and help.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_iULGXRN3ZSSW
lvl.1

Hello fellow DJI fliers, i bought a broke Phantom 3 standard drone from a friend of mine at work. The compass plug on the ESC was destroyed so i bought a new one from ebay. Replaced the whole thing motors and all. Go in to the DJI app and it prompts me to activate the drone for fist time. I go threw it and the end were it wants to sent serial number i get a 1112 fault. Using note5 on sprint it it makes any differance.
2018-7-21
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Try to calibrate imu and camera gimbal nd then relink the rc to ac
2018-7-21
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE. Thought I would update everything. The drone is still not working. Just flashes R,Y,G forever and the app says disconnected. The RC works. I can move the camera around. I filed a fraud claim with paypal since they sent the drone back to me without making any repairs. They agreed and forced them to refund my money. That is the only good news since the drone has not worked in 3 or 4 months now. Going to take it to a 3rd party repair shop in LA. There are a few. Anybody have a recommendation?

I tried downloading a 3rd party app from Litchi, but it didn't help.

I had someone from DJI email after posting this, but he never replied to my response. That seems pretty typical. That has happened a least a half a dozen times now. I don't understand how this company stays in business. I'm so ready to just dump it in the trash and be done with it.
2018-8-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

It looks like has a fatal system crash. Did you upgrade the firm ware in that time? IF yes,can you provide a log file of that upgrade? It´s stored on the SD card of the camera.
May be you can refresh the upgrade via SD.
2018-8-5
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-5 08:34
It looks like has a fatal system crash. Did you upgrade the firm ware in that time? IF yes,can you provide a log file of that upgrade? It´s stored on the SD card of the camera.
May be you can refresh the upgrade via SD.

========== 2016.06.21 08:31:46 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2018.04.27 16:05:46 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2018.04.27 18:28:46 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.
2018-8-5
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

format your sd card and download the newest firmware and put it on the sd card.no other files must be on it and then insert the card in drone start rc and ac and let it do the update from the sd card.
2018-8-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

You need The newest FW bin file on the SD card,the P3S system powered on and a small fan for cooling the P3S system during refreshing update.
If you have all parts,power on your RC/AC without card in cam and wait for the AC calls SOS. Put the card in and wait. If this was a success then the AC flashes slowly yellow or green.
2018-8-6
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-8-6 03:42
format your sd card and download the newest firmware and put it on the sd card.no other files must be on it and then insert the card in drone start rc and ac and let it do the update from the sd card.

I'm doing that now. Question: when it's done do I need to remove the .bin file from the SD card or can I just leave it on there?
2018-8-6
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

just format the card after but check the text file first and see if was succes read it from a computer
2018-8-7
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-8-7 05:08
just format the card after but check the text file first and see if was succes read it from a computer

It looks like the updated worked. It was flashing yellow after a while. I checked the text file. It has not changed. It looks just like it did above. I removed the SD card and tried to start the drone. It just flashed R,Y,G.
I reformatted SD card and put it back. Again, just R,Y,G. Same thing it's been doing for months. Any other ideas? Otherwise it's going to a repair shop in Wed.
2018-8-7
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

try to calibrate imu thrue the app put it on a flat surface and calibrate and dont touch it and let it calibrate
2018-8-7
Use props
Mystic
lvl.1

United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-8-7 08:11
try to calibrate imu thrue the app put it on a flat surface and calibrate and dont touch it and let it calibrate

The app doesn't connect. Says disconnected even thought the wifi says connected. Guess repair shop it goes. Thanks anyway.
2018-8-7
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

what app version are you using.use the newest dji go app before phantom 4 version
2018-8-7
Use props
StoneSmart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225184 ft

Mystic Posted at 2018-8-5 07:48
UPDATE. Thought I would update everything. The drone is still not working. Just flashes R,Y,G forever and the app says disconnected. The RC works. I can move the camera around. I filed a fraud claim with paypal since they sent the drone back to me without making any repairs. They agreed and forced them to refund my money. That is the only good news since the drone has not worked in 3 or 4 months now. Going to take it to a 3rd party repair shop in LA. There are a few. Anybody have a recommendation?

I tried downloading a 3rd party app from Litchi, but it didn't help.

Heck.... Thats SOME good news.....   You got your money back and you still have a drone to play with!!
2018-8-9
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

Mystic Posted at 2018-8-7 05:54
It looks like the updated worked. It was flashing yellow after a while. I checked the text file. It has not changed. It looks just like it did above. I removed the SD card and tried to start the drone. It just flashed R,Y,G.
I reformatted SD card and put it back. Again, just R,Y,G. Same thing it's been doing for months. Any other ideas? Otherwise it's going to a repair shop in Wed.

You said LA, but sometimes OC is closer.

https://www.djistoreoc.com/repair-services
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules