Can't save settings for the Ronin s
8525 24 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Agustinmgc
lvl.2
Mexico

How do I save the settings for my Ronin S on the Ronin app? Everytime I put my cellphone away I have to change my settings again in the app. I can't find a save settings option. Please help!
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Agustinmgc, just to verify, do you connect Ronin S when adjusting the settings in APP?
2018-7-21
Use props
Agustinmgc
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-21 00:45
Hi Agustinmgc, just to verify, do you connect Ronin S when adjusting the settings in APP?

Hello, yes I do. I vhange them when I’m connected, then I use the Ronin S. But then when I disconnect it and use it again I have to change all the settings and parameters again
2018-7-21
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Having the same issue... not always saving the settings
Edit: After upgradeing to the latest firmware it seems to be saving the settings.

2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Agustinmgc Posted at 2018-7-21 07:23
Hello, yes I do. I vhange them when I’m connected, then I use the Ronin S. But then when I disconnect it and use it again I have to change all the settings and parameters again

V1.3.0.20 has been released, could you please update to the latest version to see if the issue persists? Thanks.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

epicjib Posted at 2018-7-21 16:50
Having the same issue... not always saving the settings
Edit: After upgradeing to the latest firmware it seems to be saving the settings.

Thanks for your feedback, glad to know the issue was figured out by the latest firmware, please let us know if there is any other issue.
2018-7-22
Use props
Rambodn
lvl.1
Iran

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-22 23:07
Thanks for your feedback, glad to know the issue was figured out by the latest firmware, please let us know if there is any other issue.

Hello
I have the problem that my setting in app doesnt save. I updated firmware to 1.3.0.20 and my app ver is 1.1.4 and the problem persists
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rambodn Posted at 2018-8-24 02:24
Hello
I have the problem that my setting in app doesnt save. I updated firmware to 1.3.0.20 and my app ver is 1.1.4 and the problem persists

What settings are you trying to save?
2018-8-24
Use props
Rambodn
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-8-24 03:14
What settings are you trying to save?

Any tweak i make in app changes to defaults when ronin restarts. Like motor parameters control setting and smooth track values
2018-8-24
Use props
Rambodn
lvl.1
Germany

Rambodn Posted at 2018-8-24 03:32
Any tweak i make in app changes to defaults when ronin restarts. Like motor parameters control setting and smooth track values

Is there any solution? Its really annoying every time i start ronin i have to change app parameters to what i previously adjusted
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rambodn Posted at 2018-8-24 03:34
Is there any solution? Its really annoying every time i start ronin i have to change app parameters to what i previously adjusted

Hi Rambodn, your feedback will be transferred to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Rambodn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-25 01:04
Hi Rambodn, your feedback will be transferred to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thanks a lot Mindy.
2018-8-25
Use props
Rambodn
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-25 01:04

My problem solved by changing the smart phone i use for app. I reckon samsung s8 is not compatible in this issue
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rambodn Posted at 2018-8-28 19:52
My problem solved by changing the smart phone i use for app. I reckon samsung s8 is not compatible in this issue

Thanks for your feedback, it is possible, our engineers have tested many mobile devices and the issue wasn't replicated, we will keep improving our APP to make it compatible with more mobile devices, please let us know if there is any other issue.
2018-8-28
Use props
TracyCox
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-28 22:32
Thanks for your feedback, it is possible, our engineers have tested many mobile devices and the issue wasn't replicated, we will keep improving our APP to make it compatible with more mobile devices, please let us know if there is any other issue.

I too am having the same issue on my iPhone 7 plus. None of the settings get saved after the gimbal is turned off. Very annoying to have to reprogram it all the time just because I turned the gimbal off to save the battery or recharge  - which is necessary as there's no spare battery...
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TracyCox Posted at 2018-9-8 07:12
I too am having the same issue on my iPhone 7 plus. None of the settings get saved after the gimbal is turned off. Very annoying to have to reprogram it all the time just because I turned the gimbal off to save the battery or recharge  - which is necessary as there's no spare battery...

Hi Tracy, sorry to know you have the same issue, may I verify your APP version and the firmware version?
2018-9-10
Use props
John Simpson
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I'm having the same issue! My firmware is 1.5.0.4.0 and Iphone X App is 1.1.4(113)
2018-9-29
Use props
John Simpson
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry false alarm :/ it is now saving with the new firmware, must not have properly tested it

PS. LOVE this gimbal!! can't wait for the new accessories
2018-9-29
Use props
darren watts
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can't get the configuration settings to save on my Ronin-S, and I've updated to the latest firmware.
Every time I turn off the gimbal, the settings are lost.
I'm running the Ronin app on an iPhone SE.
Any advice?
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_EPFNyhLoTvBp
New
Denmark

I just got off with an on and off conversation by e-mail with DJI customer service and they managed to conclude what was wrong with my process. Apparently, if you make any changes to the app's parameters and don't turn off the gimbal properly it will never save the settings added. SO what I was doing wrong was that I would always turn the gimbal off straight from the battery button, which is something we should never do. I hope this helps someone,
2018-12-9
Use props
DanaDame
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_EPFNyhLoTvBp Posted at 2018-12-9 05:33
I just got off with an on and off conversation by e-mail with DJI customer service and they managed to conclude what was wrong with my process. Apparently, if you make any changes to the app's parameters and don't turn off the gimbal properly it will never save the settings added. SO what I was doing wrong was that I would always turn the gimbal off straight from the battery button, which is something we should never do. I hope this helps someone,

I was just about to write in about this issue and then I saw your fix. Oh my gosh thank you so much!! That's what the problem was for me.
2019-8-9
Use props
AngelaMary
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same issue here only I've tried the above suggestions nothing works - turned it off by the Gimbal then Power go back - settings lost.  Double click to disengage motors - go back to app settings lost.  So as it stands I can't actually use this gimbal because of a glitch in the app.  I've really regretted buying this product been hassle and problems since day 1.
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_rVLjTl60zboA
New
Poland

I have updated my Ronin S to the latest firmware and every time I make a change in the app for any of the 3 modes - once I close the app the gimbal forgets all my settings. A LOT OF PEOPLE have he same issue since 2018 yeat. What is wrong with DJI Support?? Why this STILL deosn't work?
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_cqC80BMbWThV
New

United States

TracyCox Posted at 2018-9-8 07:12
I too am having the same issue on my iPhone 7 plus. None of the settings get saved after the gimbal is turned off. Very annoying to have to reprogram it all the time just because I turned the gimbal off to save the battery or recharge  - which is necessary as there's no spare battery...

Yes I’m having the same issue. Please fix this for IPhone 7plus. Thanks!!
2020-6-18
Use props
djiuser_EFXTrtdhp9U0
New

United States

Copied from another post, but I believe this is the answer to your problem, if you still have it:

2#
OK, I figured out what was wrong. There is either a bug in the firmware, this is just not documented, or I didn't find the place in the documentation; it looks like the settings are not saved in the Ronin S until the power at the handle is turned off. If you change some settings then turn off the power using the power button on the battery, the settings are not saved. I have been turning it off using the battery every time since it didn't make sense to me to power down the handle and then still have to power down the battery.

DJI should make it so that the settings are actually saved immediately, or maybe give you a save settings button in the app.  I still do not know why it suddenly lost the settings while using it, maybe it briefly lost power between the battery and the handle after I had set the settings.

This is very easy to repro and I have tested it multiple times:

1) Power on the Ronin at both the battery and the handle
2) Set some Smooth Track settings or motor control settings
3) Power off the Ronin using the power button located on the battery part of the handle.
4) Power back on the Ronin S
5) Any settings you set will be gone even with the latest firmware and app

To get the settings to save you have to do the following:

1) Power on the Ronin at both the battery and the handle
2) Set some Smooth Track settings or motor control settings
3) Power off the Ronin using the power button up by the joystick
4) Power off the battery using the power button on the battery
5) After you power everything back up, the settings will still be there
6) Every subsequent time you can power it off using just the battery. But if you make some settings changes you need to power it off using the joystick power button first

Now that I know, from now on if I change the settings, I will just use the joystick power button to power cycle the Ronin prior to using the new settings, that way I will be sure they are saved. But it would still be better if DJI just added a save settings icon in the app, or had the Ronin always save the settings right away vs. waiting for the power down from the joystick power button. I would imagine in a scenario where you set some settings and the battery died before ever powering down that you would lose your settings that way too.
2021-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules