1169 10 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

When the "Video  Option" toggle is set to ON every video shot should have a matching .SRT file created.   Not happening.   What else are we going to find that is missing.
2018-7-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

From what I have heard, the data is now included as Metadata in the MPEG strea, so the SRT file is no longer created.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi EdM, if you enable the Video Captions in APP, the info will be displayed in the original files of the SD card, but there will be no separate SRT file. If you need the file, you may save Captions in the player such as potplayer. This has been changed since P4A/P4P.
2018-7-20
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-20 22:07
From what I have heard, the data is now included as Metadata in the MPEG strea, so the SRT file is no longer created.

Feeling rather dumb right now Geebax, I knew that.   Guess my CRS is kicking in too much lately.
2018-7-21
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 22:46
Hi EdM, if you enable the Video Captions in APP, the info will be displayed in the original files of the SD card, but there will be no separate SRT file. If you need the file, you may save Captions in the player such as potplayer. This has been changed since P4A/P4P.

Thanks DJI Susan.
2018-7-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

WHOO HOO

I have CRS as well!   
2018-7-21
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

.SRT files on the Pro's depend on who answer's ...
2018-7-21
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just an update.   Tried to view the using VLC with Subtitles turned on, no luck.   Started to experiment using different video setting while making short flights over the same area.   First day still no luck.   Second day of more experiments everything started working and now no matter how I have video setting as long as the "Video  Option" toggle is set to ON I now have subtitles showing.   Have no idea why they just started working, but so glad they did.   
So, if it's not working, try try again.

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EdM Posted at 2018-7-22 19:29
Just an update.   Tried to view the using VLC with Subtitles turned on, no luck.   Started to experiment using different video setting while making short flights over the same area.   First day still no luck.   Second day of more experiments everything started working and now no matter how I have video setting as long as the "Video  Option" toggle is set to ON I now have subtitles showing.   Have no idea why they just started working, but so glad they did.   
So, if it's not working, try try again.

Glad to hear it works now. Wish you have a good time with the drone.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-21 12:37
.SRT files on the Pro's depend on who answer's ...

Thanks for your reminder, I just noticed that post. This will be forwarded to the designated team for further improvement.
2018-7-23
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Could anyone share a sample of the subtitle data? Id like to make sure it works in this app https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/

Although having to export it to visualise it doesn't sound great. Might be interesting to work on an After Effects plugin, if the rest of drones follow this path.

Thanks
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules