Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Pro not working
28504 34 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kitster79
New

Hello, I have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2, but it is only giving me instructions on how to connect an Inspire 2 drone and not my Mavic Pro Platinum. See attached screenshot. The interface looks nothing like some of the other Assistant 2 interfaces I have seen online and in tutorial videos.
I downloaded the version "DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 - 2018-05-16". This certainly looks like the most up to date and correct version for the Mavic Pro. So why is the interface seemingly only allowing me to connect an Inspire 2?

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 11.32.35 PM.png
2018-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Try connecting your powered on Mavic Pro to your Computer with USB cable.  If Assistant-2 is working, the animated disconnected USB plug should move to a Connected position.  From there Assistant-2 should detected your Mavic Pro.  You then have to click on boxed Mavic Pro image to move to Assistant-2 menus.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly reinstall the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads) and try to use a different USB cable. Make sure your Firewall and Antivirus software is off.
Please follow the video tutorial below.
2018-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is just an Intro, connect your Pro to the Pc and power it on, Assistant 2 will read it and you will see the drone pop up there
2018-7-21
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

kitster79 , a couple of things I learned using the DJI Assistant 2.  First, it did not work at all when using my Surface Pro.  So to fix that, I loaded Assistant onto a normal Windows 10 Laptop.  I turned on the remote control unit, then started Assistant using the "Run as Administrator", but still the software would not recognize the remote control unit.  I then changed the USB cable, and repeated the process again and was prompted to log onto my DJI account, and immediately, the remote control unit appeared on the screen.  I might add that  you should have a good WiFi connection to complete this process, or it will take longer to complete the process.  Hope this helps.
2018-7-21
Use props
kitster79
New
United States

Thanks for all your help and advice guys. It turns out that you have to power off the controller BEFORE you connect the USB cord, and then power it on AFTER. Seems weird but it wasn't seeing it when I plugged the USB cord in while the controller was already on!

Thanks again!
2018-7-21
Use props
fansbe1289ae
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can anybody please help as I cannot get my new mavic 2 zoom firmware updated!!!!!
2019-1-19
Use props
fansbe1289ae
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have purchased the new controller all’s working grand except I cannot get the firmware on the drone updated either on the controller on the dji go 4 app or the dji mavic assistant on my PC.
I am using a dell laptop running windows 10.
I have tried turning off the driver signature and using a different usb cable but nothing works
I have tried various ways turning on and off the drone starting and stopping the software and plugging and unplugging the cables.
Nothing works all I see is the DJI assistant page but when run nothing comes up on my screen to get any further.
I’m ready to jack it in and just sell it as this is just totally ridiculous
My Wi-fi is 76meg as I’m on fibre broadband and I ran a Wi-fi test.
So my Wi-fi is stable and strong.
Can anybody help here as I’m beat!!!!
Below is pictures of what I’m looking at when connected to the new controller and trying to update firmware on the mavic 2.
CA908A03-35F7-445F-8C9D-BCB5115D9A3C.jpeg
5A4222B7-84B6-49FF-BA76-1393DE228BBB.jpeg
55BEBA0E-25AF-4C32-8886-BCC042A7DB12.jpeg
2019-1-19
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I had trouble initially because I was trying to connect the SRC to my Mac through a USB-C hub, using a standard USB-A to USB-C resolved the problem and it connected no problem.

I don't have a Windows PC so can't test the various possibilities much further. Check that you have the correct version of Assistant 2 - the one from the Mavic 2 download page, there were two versions at one point and only that one supports SRC & Mavic 2 - apologies if you already knew that.

I noticed on another thread that the activation will fail if there is a SD card in the slot. Might be worth removing it.

Also, the 'sequence' is rather specific in the manual, try following that to the letter, again on my Mac it docent seem to matter, just don't use USB-C - 3.1 it doesn't like that at all.
Also - if you have a good Wi-Fi & Internet, then the updates should apply using the Wi-Fi connections without having to use Assistant 2 at all.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2/info#downloads

The correct version is V2.0.6 for Mac & Windows.
2019-1-20
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You may be using the wrong version of Assistant 2, DJI confusingly maintain two versions!
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_89Wfmgy2SUyp
New

United States

I spent a couple frustrating hours fighting this. Finally switched to a different USB charging cable and it worked perfectly.
2019-8-20
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-21 02:18
Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly reinstall the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads) and try to use a different USB cable. Make sure your Firewall and Antivirus software is off.
Please follow the video tutorial below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ9Wu9mdBHw

Been there, done that. Didn't work. Tried it on two windows 7 PC's, same result, the program WILL NOT LOAD!
Here's what I have done:
Turned off Signature checking at boot
turned off Antivirus & Firewall
Installed DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.8.exe as administrator
Program and drivers appear to install properly, but program will not load and I get NO Error messages. Reboot, same story.
Install # 15
Boot to safe mode
Verify no AV, FW
Installed DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.8.exe as administrator
Program and drivers appear to install properly, but program will not load and I get NO Error messages.
Reboot, same story.
Please HELP so I can calibrate my Vision Sensors!
2019-8-22
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Hey everyone!

Up to tomorrow, I couldn't connect my Mavic (nor my P4) to my Windows 10 computer, until I discovered something.
This may help you resolve your connecting issues too!
NOTE : connecting the remote worked and was detected, but the Mavic (2 zoom) was only detected by the Windows Explorer as USB devices (for internal memory), but unrecognized by DJI Assistant 2.

So I don't why I looked into my Devices Manager and I've seen that the USB-Bluetooth adapter connected to my PC was using COM Ports 3 and 4.
Note 2 : I had read earlier, when trying to resolve this fu*$=ng bug, that one of those 2 COM Ports (or the two of them, I don't remember) was used to be recognized as a drone by DJI Assistant 2.

So you can see here those COM Ports are being used for Bluetooth.

When I disconnected by USB-Bluetooth Adapter, all my problems were gone!
I was able to connect my Mavic 2 and get it working with DJI Assistant 2 !

I don't know how it works on a laptop, but if you have the same issue with an integrated Bluetooth adapter, you may be able to deactivate it with the Device Manager just for the time to update your aircraft.

I don't know if this can help anyone, but try looking into Device Manager to find if those COM Ports are being used! They may be the problem!
If this helped you, let me know!

Have a good day and fly safely!
2019-8-28
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-22 14:06
Been there, done that. Didn't work. Tried it on two windows 7 PC's, same result, the program WILL NOT LOAD!
Here's what I have done:

Sure would be nice if someone from DJI would respond with some Help here!
2019-9-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wanbli Posted at 8-22 14:06
Been there, done that. Didn't work. Tried it on two windows 7 PC's, same result, the program WILL NOT LOAD!
Here's what I have done:

The version of Assistant 2 associated with the Spark is V1.2.5

https://www.dji.com/uk/spark/info#downloads

you could try uninstalling current and installing V1.2.5, that may make a difference.

And same version for the Mavic Pro :-

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic/info#downloads

2019-9-1
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer

Aardvark Posted at 9-1 09:47
The version of Assistant 2 associated with the Spark is V1.2.5

https://www.dji.com/uk/spark/info#downloads

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I no longer own a Spark and I can't figure out how to change that in my profile. I have a Mavic Pro that is asking me to calibrate the Vision  sensors, but I can't get the stupid program to even come up after install. I've tried everything I could find on the web, but it Just Won't Load. I've tried all this on 3 separate windows 7 pc's with the same result.
2019-9-4
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

Wanbli Posted at 9-4 13:04
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I no longer own a Spark and I can't figure out how to change that in my profile. I have a Mavic Pro that is asking me to calibrate the Vision  sensors, but I can't get the stupid program to even come up after install. I've tried everything I could find on the web, but it Just Won't Load. I've tried all this on 3 separate windows 7 pc's with the same result.

Have you access to a windows 10 machine at all, I've rarely had problems with the later builds of Assistant 2.
2019-9-4
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer

Aardvark Posted at 9-4 13:36
Have you access to a windows 10 machine at all, I've rarely had problems with the later builds of Assistant 2.

No, I HATE Windows 10 (MS Spyware) I'm trying to migrate to Linux before they kill off Win7.

I did mange (this morning) to get Assistant 2 for Mavic to load on one of my desktops, but now it doesn't see the Mavic when I plugin the USB Cable (I tried 4 different cables). Here's what the Device manager looks like (see Pic) with the most responsive cable.

Any Help would be deeply appreciated
UPDATE:
I also cannot connect the RC Here's the Device Manager after plugging in the RC:
DJI-Asst2-Device Mgr-RC.JPG
2019-9-5
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer

So, I installed win10 on one of my SSD's and tried to get Assistant 2 to work. It installed and opened, but just like win7, it doesn't see the drone when I plugin the usb. Again I tried multiple USB cables, here's a device mgr pic.
2019-9-5
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer

So, as it turns out, the Assistant 2 for Mavic is ONLY for Mavic 2, imagine that, DJI can't seem to figure out what to label a fricking software package! And they are the one who told me to use that one for the M1P!
As soon as I installed the correct package, wallah! So DJI Assistant 2 (NOT Assistant 2 for Mavic) works great for the Mavic Pro/Platnum & Air. Thanks for all your help!!
2019-9-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

Wanbli Posted at 9-7 08:08
So, as it turns out, the Assistant 2 for Mavic is ONLY for Mavic 2, imagine that, DJI can't seem to figure out what to label a fricking software package! And they are the one who told me to use that one for the M1P!
As soon as I installed the correct package, wallah!

Good to hear all is working now, at one point the latest version available at the time of DJI Assistant 2 would work with most. But it has evolved into different beasts now.
2019-9-7
Use props
fanseb83622d
lvl.1

Guatemala

I tried everything from these advices and nothing work for Mavic 2 ZOOM with win 10. I need to get video from internal memory. It looks quite ...ty that I have to stragle with such problems with such expensive product.
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fanseb83622d Posted at 2-19 08:30
I tried everything from these advices and nothing work for Mavic 2 ZOOM with win 10. I need to get video from internal memory. It looks quite ...ty that I have to stragle with such problems with such expensive product.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know is the computer detecting your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom when connected? And also may I know are you able to see the video on the DJI go 4 application on the playback and download it to your mobile device? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-19
Use props
fanseb83622d
lvl.1

Guatemala

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 09:39
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know is the computer detecting your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom when connected? And also may I know are you able to see the video on the DJI go 4 application on the playback and download it to your mobile device? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello, i called to dji store and they told me to check cable. and there was mistake. It was just for charging, not for data transfer.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fanseb83622d Posted at 2-25 10:01
Hello, i called to dji store and they told me to check cable. and there was mistake. It was just for charging, not for data transfer.

Hi. Thank you for the update, I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved by using a data cable. If you have further concern or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-25
Use props
SupBro
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also having issues using this
2020-2-25
Use props
djiuser_FL0pQNugVKi6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44892 ft

United Kingdom

Wanbli Posted at 2019-9-7 08:08
So, as it turns out, the Assistant 2 for Mavic is ONLY for Mavic 2, imagine that, DJI can't seem to figure out what to label a fricking software package! And they are the one who told me to use that one for the M1P!
As soon as I installed the correct package, wallah!

Hi I am having a problem trying to get my mavic pro to connect to dji assistant 2 I would be grateful if you could let me know which down load version you are using please.
2020-3-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-7-21 09:43
That is just an Intro, connect your Pro to the Pc and power it on, Assistant 2 will read it and you will see the drone pop up there

been trying to calibrate the sensors time after time without any success ,  then I got a huge surprise and actually was able to calibrate through the app,  but that was the only time the app allowed me to accomplish the calibration,  why is it that DJI will not install a system on the app to make things so much easier to calibrate?
2020-4-17
Use props
djiuser_3fqEoN1GwQ1s
New

Ireland

Wanbli Posted at 2019-9-7 08:08
So, as it turns out, the Assistant 2 for Mavic is ONLY for Mavic 2, imagine that, DJI can't seem to figure out what to label a fricking software package! And they are the one who told me to use that one for the M1P!
As soon as I installed the correct package, wallah! So DJI Assistant 2 (NOT Assistant 2 for Mavic) works great for the Mavic Pro/Platnum & Air. Thanks for all your help!!

Yes, 100% correct! I spent a few hours with a similar situation before I read this and other posts in this thread. Thanks very much for saving me pulling out my few remaining hairs.
If anyone else has a similar problem with Mavic Pro (mine is a Platinum), please DJI Assistant 2 and not Assistant 2 for Mavic. (Compatible with Mavic Air,Mavic Pro,DJI Goggles and more)

Cheers.

2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_vYtVzhCpKbYI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18563 ft
Canada

I can't get my drone to work can someone help me plz all it says is system hardware error
Screenshot_20200605-005230.jpg
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_vYtVzhCpKbYI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18563 ft
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-7-21 09:43
That is just an Intro, connect your Pro to the Pc and power it on, Assistant 2 will read it and you will see the drone pop up there

Hey I crashed my drone pretty sure I fixed it it was minor but it won't let me fly it keeps says power system error system restart
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_H6l0Lglr47X6
New
Flight distance : 3973 ft

United States

I have loaded dji assistant, I can plug my mavic pro platinum controller in, and it comes right up. But when I plug my drone in-NOTHING. It won't recognize my drone. I also cannot link them together. No hard landings, drops, or anything I can think of. It just stopped working. HELP.
2020-9-7
Use props
Rezhadesperado
New

Indonesia

Solved !

Re-download dji assistant 2 from mavic pro series.
Search ‘mavic pro’ on dji web, then click ‘downloads’ tab, scroll down and find dji assistant 2, download it.
I will show below
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_UG1W7ClMLPba
Flight distance : 686391 ft
United States

Agreed. Terrible program. Never connects, have to fumble around for hours to get my Mavic 2 Pro to connect but then remote will not.... vice versa on my Mavic Pro... Remote connects but not drone. The biggest piece of crap! Is there another 3rd party program that can be used? I've hated this program for 3 years now. Never works right.
2021-12-1
Use props
fanse13463dd
New

United States

Wanbli Posted at 2019-9-5 07:34
No, I HATE Windows 10 (MS Spyware) I'm trying to migrate to Linux before they kill off Win7.

I did mange (this morning) to get Assistant 2 for Mavic to load on one of my desktops, but now it doesn't see the Mavic when I plugin the USB Cable (I tried 4 different cables). Here's what the Device manager looks like (see Pic) with the most responsive cable.

I am having this same issue trying to reset my DJI MAVIC PRO none of my computers will recognize that the drone or remote are plugged in to either of my MACs and DJI said the only way to factory reset is with this dumb application. Did you ever find a fix?
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules