Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
short range on spark
3814 22 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aviv Elkayam
lvl.1
Israel

hello guys,

I have Dji spark for a few months and I'm very disappointed with the range that it can fly.
I turn off the Bluetooth, use the antennas properly, flying in open fields and still can't get over 150 meters maximum.
The feed is always not smooth but I can handle it, and after 150 meters I get no signal.
Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm using a controller also.

Is there any way to improve the range?
it seems unfair that Dji provides such nice specifications but the drone can't get half of the distance.

Thanks.

2018-7-20
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

1. You need to be on FCC
2. Try to downgrade your app to 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 (if you want intelligent modes)
Hope that helps you out ;)
2018-7-21
Use props
Aviv Elkayam
lvl.1
Israel

1. I'm on FCC mode
2. My app is on 4.2.21 should I still downgrade?
I thought the downgrade thing is to get into FCC mode but I already did..
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Captain

Spain

No, the downgrade is not only for fcc, but also if you have disconnects, very short range, very pixelated video, etc.
Downgrade and see if it helps, there is no harm in doint it. Download from apkmirror. Its just that the 4.2.20 and the latest 4.2.21, they need a device with 4gb of ram minimum, better 6gb. Its different for ios.
Safe Flying ;)
2018-7-21
Use props
Aviv Elkayam
lvl.1
Israel

My device is OnePlus 3T and it has 6gb of ram :S
But I will try it.
Thanks
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Aviv Elkayam Posted at 2018-7-21 00:45
1. I'm on FCC mode
2. My app is on 4.2.21 should I still downgrade?
I thought the downgrade thing is to get into FCC mode but I already did..

You are on FCC and only get 150m distance ?

How many channels you have in your WIFI Settings of the DJI GO 4 App for the 2.4GHz Bandwidth ?

Channels 1-11 or 1-13 ?

Very Strange, are you Flying in Cities or where there is lot of Interference ?

2018-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In case you are on FCC already, I really doubt that the app will bring you more distance.
Did you go away from that location for a check if there are things keeping the distance short?
What band are you trying to fly with? 2.4 or 5.8?
I'd suggest a otg for the feed.
Which will give you the chance, that the spark is "looking for" the best band to fly.

But: How do you positon your antennas?
2018-7-21
Use props
Aviv Elkayam
lvl.1
Israel

I downgraded my app to 4.1.15 and now the feed is better and I have reached 300m easily.
Thanks!  
* btw, I use 5.8ghz, and I used the antennas as it says in the video
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Aviv Elkayam Posted at 2018-7-21 08:19
I downgraded my app to 4.1.15 and now the feed is better and I have reached 300m easily.
Thanks!  
* btw, I use 5.8ghz, and I used the antennas as it says in the video

Welldone, still for FCC, 300m is very short range.

300m for VLOS is a good distance, don't know the exact rules you have in Israel.

Enjoy your Drone Buddy ! Fly Safe !
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Captain

Spain

You are welcome;)
Enjoy and safe flying))
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Captain

Spain

Also make sure that when you fly, you have 11 channels in 2.4ghz range.(fcc mode)
2018-7-21
Use props
tactman
lvl.1
United States

How do I down grade my app.
2018-11-2
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Still to get the app in FCC, you have to dislocate your phone with like fake gps. There isn't still not such a button which lets you choose. Which i should really recommend having in the Go4 app and let the user takes his own responsibility according laws and regulations.

And isn't Israel a country with a lot of military ? Maybe they use a lot of signal scramblers ? Be carefull flying!
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tactman Posted at 11-2 13:15
How do I down grade my app.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what seems to be the problem why you would need to downgrade the version of your app? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-7
Use props
djiuser_b0HiorIuXfoz
New
Flight distance : 2165 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-11-7 16:17
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what seems to be the problem why you would need to downgrade the version of your app? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

For some reason, the 4.1.15 version of the app significantly increases the distance of the Spark conpared to the most updated version.  Using the newest version, I only get about 1,200ft away before I start losing connection.  Using 4.1.15 in the same spot with same conditions I get about 2,500ft, and that's bad terrain with trees in the way.  The newest version should allow max distance, we shouldnt have to find an APK of an older version to get the distance we are supposed to.
2019-2-27
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

djiuser_b0HiorIuXfoz Posted at 2-27 15:55
For some reason, the 4.1.15 version of the app significantly increases the distance of the Spark conpared to the most updated version.  Using the newest version, I only get about 1,200ft away before I start losing connection.  Using 4.1.15 in the same spot with same conditions I get about 2,500ft, and that's bad terrain with trees in the way.  The newest version should allow max distance, we shouldnt have to find an APK of an older version to get the distance we are supposed to.

That’s interesting. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. What kind of device are you using ?
2019-2-28
Use props
Ricardo Fuster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8117 ft

Argentina

Hola, soy Ricrdo, tengo un Spark y si bien es una maravilla como anda, el problema es su extremadamente corto alcance. Hace varios meses que lo tengo y por falta de experiencia, solo hice vuelos cortos a unos 50 o 60 mts y siempre con el C/R. Recientemente intenté manejarlo con mi celular. En modo FCC y en la banda de 5.8 Ghz estando a 0.20 mts, la señal llega tan debil que el indicador de la aplicación apenas llega a la 3er linea. A 2 metros, la intensidad de señal baja a la 2da. A 10mts esta en color rojo en la primera, con la mensaje: "mala calidad del canal de radio". A 20mts no se ilumina ninguna linea y persiste el mensaje de mala calidad. A 25mts se desconecta. Con el control remoto provisto, la situación mejora algo, maximo 150 mts. Que podrá estar pasando?
Pienso que mi Spark tiene un defecto en el emisor de WiFi y de ahí su corto alcance. No encontré algo en la configuración que cambie esta situación. Alguien sabe que se puede hacer? Desde ya gracias y saludos desde Argentina
2019-6-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You did not reveal WHAT device (phone) you are using.
Also important, at least with the RC: Is the connection gone or "just" the video on the screen dead?
Which would point to device and GO4 version.
But:
Argentina is CE-area, I think. So no wonder to expect. And what area are you flying in? urban, suburban, rural?
Try the Go4 mod 2.0 (google "Go4 mod 2.0) for a change.
FCC AND older (lower Ram needing) app should get you further away.
And for RC using:

And please, use google translate!

2019-6-30
Use props
Ricardo Fuster
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi, I'm using an LG G6 Android smartphone in a suburban area, an obstacle-free park and my wifi router turned off so it does not cause interference.  One or two wifi signals are detected from neighbors but distant and low signal.  My Spark at 0.2 meters (apox 8 inches) indicates 3 lines on the meter of the app dji go 4. At that distance, it should saturate;  the internet router, at 2 meters (80 inches), with wall in between indicates the maximum on my LG G6.  My Spark's Wi-Fi behaves almost like NFC.
Argentina is not EC zone, but my Spark is in FCC mode (there are no channels 12 and 13).  When using the smartphone to control the drone and not the C / R, with any standard the maximum range proposed by DJI is 100 meters.
2019-7-1
Use props
Ricardo Fuster
lvl.1

Argentina

Hola otra vez. Por si a algún usuario le interesa, mi problema se resolvio. Mi Spark, no tiene ninguna falla. Pasa que el wifi de mi celular LG G6 no es 100% compatible con la app DJ I GO 4. Al utilzar una conexión con cable OTG entre el R/C y el dispositivo, manteniendo apagado el wifi, mi Spark llega a superar el rango de distancia prometido por DJI: 540 metros en ciudad a una altura de 80 mts y en linea recta, con follage de árboles en medio, solo con las antenas del R/C y en la banda de 5.8 Gh en modo CE. La prueba fue hecha a lo largo de una calle en el centro de la ciudad de Buenos Aires. Esta prueba se hizo al reves, para no arriesgar el dron. El Spark ubicado delante de una ventana en un piso 26 ( unos 80 mts de altura aprox.) y yo alejandome por la calle, siempre con esa ventana a la vista. El resultado fue excelente. Espero en breve hacer una prueba similar en modo FCC. Postearé el resultado.
2019-7-11
Use props
NJSpark
lvl.1
United States

Too bad you can't down grade the go app on an IOS device . I am using the most recent one and wonder if i were to down grade on my iphone 7 plus would I achieve better distance and over all signal and video feed.
2019-7-12
Use props
Ricardo Fuster
lvl.1

Argentina

NJSpark Posted at 7-12 07:12
Too bad you can't down grade the go app on an IOS device . I am using the most recent one and wonder if i were to down grade on my iphone 7 plus would I achieve better distance and over all signal and video feed.

Hi, a corta distancia se controla bien con mi dipositivo, digamos unos 25 mts, despues de esa distancia, se desconecta. El problema es que mientras el indicador de wifi del teléfono mide 5/5, el de la app mide 1/5. Es un muy buen teléfono, incluso es superior a algunos compatibles. Entiendo que la versión 4.1.15 es mas compatible. Espero que los programadores de DJI mejoren estos problemas en próximas actualizaciones.
2019-7-12
Use props
Adi Hertila
Flight distance : 297185 ft
Romania

My best was 1km
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules